Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-25-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I got sleep saoutchik. I just couldn't go back to sleep with the children running amok. No sleeping in is apparently allowed here. At least for mom.

Gilmer, that dog has trained you well. Try growling back at him. It may make you feel better and it will entertain the grandchildren to see grandma growling.

Brain, I have the wickedly clawed cat to lend you. She is a good birder. She'd have the robin for breakfast. It's one of the reason I'm hesitant to feed the birds.

My son just came up and gave me a hug and told me I'm an awesome mom. When I asked what he wanted me to buy him now he laughed and ran away.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

My granddaughter is playing a game. She said, "Pretend you're not old." Then she told me I have a baby in my belly. She's begging to be disinherited!
Old 04-25-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Gilmer, lol! My kids say the same thing.

I just went around replacing burned out bulbs and cleaning the glass shades in the process. Light is lovely when the shades are clean. Amazing difference. Thankless job.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Checking in. Everybody looks busy this weekend! It sure is better than the doldrums last weekend at the enders thread.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Doldrums? Yes, people seem to be shaking it off.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I come in from working outside and get followed around - stalked - by the wife. Wants kisses cause I'm so sexy. She was 'on break' for five minutes from school work.
Got chicken in the oven - decided easier than waiting for it to thaw completely for grill. It warmed up but it still is not warm outside. The weeds are definitely getting a jump. I have just a little bit left to cut from tree and get ready for the boro mulch drop off. There are a bunch of small twigs sunken into the lawn from trimming and bundling sticks. I sense a rake is my future plans.

oh yes, the birds...

Old 04-25-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I think my new favorite expression is "do you want some cheese with that whine?". I'm ready to throttle little miss.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi guys posting because I'm in Orlando with a group of parents here for a cheer competition and we're at a place having some drinks. I'm the solo diet coke and the waitress actually asked me if I wanted a shot for free. Looked her in the eye and said "no I can't". Because no I can't just stop at 1 and I'll be back where I was 6 months ago. Thanks for being there SR
Old 04-25-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Stay strong teebee
Old 04-25-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi ruby ,
hmm not going too good on the clutter , more shuffling it round than getting rid of it ATM … walked past the shops in the high street today and saw a british heart foundation charity shop .. so i think that is a worthy place to store my surfeit of books
I'm having a procrastination session over my 45 singles at the moment 3000 of them from the 50's thro 90's .. I haven't even had a turntable for 10 years ..

Time to be free , urrgh this stuff hangs round so ..

m
Old 04-25-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
My granddaughter is playing a game. She said, "Pretend you're not old." Then she told me I have a baby in my belly. She's begging to be disinherited!
Gilmer you actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Still hanging with this crowd. Ready to go back to the room
Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Teebee, why not go back now? Nothing saying you can't unless you're stuck for a ride.

Mec, how about getting a turntable? I know it's one more thing but it would allow you enjoyment of your singles. My dad recently bought a thing that can convert his vinyl to The computer. He can download them or burn them or whatever.

I didn't do well on shedding stuff today. I rearranged some paperwork. Cleaned. I went to an estate sale. The deceased had collected over 8,000 books and 3,000 albums. The turntable was one of the first things to go. There were some cool beach rocks. I bought one book for a dollar. A collection of short mysteries by different authors, edited by Dorothy L. Sayers.

Little Miss is in bed. Mr. and young master Ruby are watching one of the pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Back at the room. Waiting for my daughter to come back from a team dinner. The rest of this trip will be easier with her with me. She's a great kid and there's no way I would drink in front of her.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good job Teebee! Maybe take a couple of deep breaths and meditate?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Not sure how you’re gonna get a baby seat strapped into that thing Behan

Pouncer, this won’t be the last time you hear this, Don’t worry about what other people think. And why do feel you have to deal with that the rest of your life? You don’t really. I’d be more concerned about disappoints caused by my drinking.

Bernie – I’d be looking to negotiate a discount. It’s a little past 3/17 over here.
Mesa, I think it would be cool to rope down that face. Not so much climbing it though…

Thanks for the comments BigS, and EndGame
Gilmer, Did I tell you about the liver dog? This dog was hand fed liver every day until they went away and left me in charge. No way was I hand feeding this little bast liver – maybe one of the reasons I can’t stand the smell of liver. I put mighty dog in his dish. After the third day he finally ate it. The next can went down like a chocolate milkshake

Hope you feel better Ruby, I’ve been waiting for over six months to replace a burned out bulb in the hall ceiling. But I did fix the bathroom exhaust fan yesterday that was broken for over 5 years.
Way to go teebee! Rest and be strong for tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..I had a nice drive to the mountains and found a great place to go camping. Gonna wait til it gets warmer.
Then I came home and took a long nap. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, so hopefully I can get some house cleaning done. And I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf or something wonderful. I'm so tired of rice, kale, and beans. Vegan eating is not great...and I never signed up to do it 100%.
Fleeting thoughts of drinking. ..but manageable.
OK-i hope everyone is having a great evening.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Weasel, Bon Appetit magazine this month has a section on the happening food scene in Portland. Maybe check it out.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

HaF, sounds like a good day. Vegan eating. Turkey meatloaf sounds good.

Brain, I don't know why it took me so long to change those bulbs. But wow! I can see myself in the mirror in the bathroom again.

My kitchen fan? Been broken since I moved in. Fifties vintage. I wonder if the motor is burned out.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a nice evening. Having a bit of a movie marathon myself.