Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Yeah good times...not. Good luck at the dentist I have always said I should have married a dentist or a vet for the money I have spent on both. I definitely have a million dollar mouth.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Well good sober Monday mornin to ya folks!

thanks LB. Mine reclines. My chair has leather restraints also but with the fuzzy lineing.

Work work work work....

Hope everyone had a sober weekend. If you didn't then this moment is as good as any to say yes to living sober.

Don't let your AV use Monday as a weapon to beat you down with what you didn't do this weekend. Staying sober is possible. Living sober is amazing! You deserve both.

K
Old 04-27-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I logged on to get post # 300 - what a gyp...

actually, can't sleep. I tried a couple times to just put my head under the pillow.
And I have to get up in an hour...
I'm expecting a parcel today. should contain my ******** with new visa...
will be leaving in a month for the mother land...

geeeeeze, I see post 298 and figure I'm solid to get #300... and I get bumped further still...

well, Della, did you get that bike yet?

and weasel, I figured you for bondage - fur lined leather straps... hmmmmm
Old 04-27-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I think the chair sound awesome Ken

Mr Brain....yes I have the bike it's just not put together. I need to make a honey do list....but that will be difficult with no honey lolol. I saw free shipping and was all over it because it was the right color....didn't think about it not being assembled.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

And here I am with toolboxes galore.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I am in NY!! Easy trip. I will start the list.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
saoutchik

BICYCLE REPAIR MAN! Britain's only superhero, according to Month Python.

There is a Roland TB-303 Synthesised that was standard issue on a lot of late 80's house music andhttp code 303 is for content that can be found elsewhere so 1 reckon you got a pretty cool post number there LB.

It's just possible I might have made a recent visit to a site called Wikipedia.

Della, at the rate I am spending money at the dentist that million dollars might not be a figure of speech. I must have the best teeth in Britain now (I KNOW what you Americans are thinking about that last statement - no it wasn't that easy)
Old 04-27-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Sore disappointment for Brain. Post 303 is a nice round sounding number.

Good morning afternoon to you all. Had a post full of morning wisdom but accidentally deleted it. I can hear your hurrahs from here.

Bicycle repair man! Wasn't that in the same vein as the blancmange trying to win Wimbledon? Love Monty Python.

I must hustle to get ready. See you all later when I get to the quiet confines of work. Unaccompanied by sick children.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

well,,, the good folks had a cake for the wife last nite - and a little graduation celebration for her - let's hope she makes it. And yes, I had a piece of cake when I got home. Set the alarm for 2 so I am ready to pick her up later.
She said to me last week, not everybody is an a**hole or idiot.
Not everyone, but a very high percentage of people who drive around here are. And I realize I am teaching her bad words, Jesus' middle name does not really start with 'F'.

I thought about posting this last night... but it still works. I mean...

Old 04-27-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

and..... naturally

Della needs you bicycle repairman!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Saoutchik's Statement in Post #307 above got me thinkin': What is the competition in order to make this claim:

'I must have the best teeth in Britain now.'

Pictures don't lie...

~ British Teeth Pictures Search Results ~
-
Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Lol!!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Wow...Monday morning. I'm going to make the best of it and am grateful that I woke up feeling good. Coffee is starting to kick in and before you know it I'll be off this recliner and getting on with the day. Let's make this a great monday.
TS...I hope you're feeling ok.
ruby..glad to hear no one is sick in your little family today.
Della....I hate assembling things. I hope you can find someone to do it for you.
See you all later.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

My head is a bit better today. I slept a big fitfully so that was a pain but I may nap later since my girls are gone to their dad's tonight. The eye area is a bit more swollen, so I have the boxer look going on, ha ha. They were saying in chat this morning that I need to come up with a crazy awesome back story, lol. People IRL know me to well to believe I did anything fantastic to get injured, ha.

One thing was said back a few posts by Pouncer. Your AV was being a bit loud but you decided to see how you feel and just wait. I liked that and I'm putting that bit of advice in my tool box. So often, in the past, once those feelings hit it was "OMG, the feels!! I'm drinking NOW!"

Della, I understand what you mean about the dentist. I have 3 of my girls that have had work done and 2 need braces. I feel as if we should just move in for a bit, ha.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I'm sitting in my car, first at Brain teaching bad words with the Jesus' middle name comment. Then bicycle repair man. "Wherever bicycles are threatened by international communism.". Brightened my day.

HaF, everyone is mending, knock wood. Thank you.

Saoutchik, back to your comments about mother hen worrying about launching your younger chick abroad. If your daughter grew up in London, she should do fine with usual big city precautions. Don't go down and get involved in the fray, avoid certain areas, don't walk around with attention focused on phone. If you carry a purse, don't hang it on the back of chairs in restaurants, carry it in front of your body. Walk with someone else. Don't walk alone at night. Etc. I've not been to Baltimore but all general big city common sense safety precautions. Double so if one goes out drinking. She'll have fun. A friend is packing her son off to Baltimore this summer for his first post university job. She's not overly worried. She is more concerned about his post graduation European trip.

At work. Must go in. I see 500 this week. Posts on thread, that is.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I forgot to add "laughing out loud" to the Brain-isms.

TS, I hope your injuries heal quickly. Tell people it was a skateboarding accident. Or "you should see the other guy."
Old 04-27-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TennantSmith View Post
Bmac, one can only hope

I mean, it's second to the sober fairy with magic dust but if it works, I may keep it silent. Don't want some people going around banging their heads, lol
A fairy told me that it only works if you accidentally bump your head. A premeditated head bump doesn't count.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Did someone mention assembling 'stuff'? This is one GD funny Article linked below. Well, it is to me...

'[Clinical Psychologist] Durvasula says constructing the small Nornas coffee table is fairly undemanding. But a massive wall unit like the Liatorp? She calls that The Divorcemaker.'

'I'm convinced that IKEA is Swedish for pissed-off boyfriend," says Courtney Frappier, a New York City publicist whose recent trip to IKEA with her boyfriend Alex Mele ended in tears.'

I assembled a ~2' x 4' Work Island for our Mountain Joint. Made extremely well from Kentucky Hardwoods. All the Hardware, and drilled Holes for said Hardware, were flawless.

'Love In The Time Of IKEA' ~ The Denver Post Newspaper
-
Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I forgot to add "laughing out loud" to the Brain-isms.

TS, I hope your injuries heal quickly. Tell people it was a skateboarding accident. Or "you should see the other guy."
Ruby, I like the way you think
Old 04-27-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
A fairy told me that it only works if you accidentally bump your head. A premeditated head bump doesn't count.
Well, okay then, I'm healed but I don't know about everyone else. HA Maybe the stars I saw were the fairies, ha ha.