Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Geeze. ..I'm back in bed. Went out walking and cut the walk short cause of a stomach ache and nausea. I ate and English muffin and am lying down. I bet it's cause I took meds and supplements on empty stomach. ..just what they tell you NOT to do. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Not smart. I have a little while to rest before I have to get to work.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ruby not only is what you said spot on but she is not even staying in Baltimore -that is just the nearest airport to Ocean City, a little seaside resort which is where she is actually working. It's just a stop on the way in effect. My daughter is certainly not concerned and neither am I. Maybe she just hasn't accepted the 'empty nest' thing.

LBRAIN thanks for that post - I havn't seen that clip in 40 years, it is not one of their more famous sketches. I don't know what made me think of it. I was glad that it was more or less how I remembered it. I recognised Uxbridge High Street, probably near the studio

Thanks MesaMan.
I am the guy with the bushy sideburns - the British George Clooney

Thanks
Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I got a few hours of sleep in. I think I had about an hour of sleep before the dawn. Gotta do some hunting and gathering at Giant Supermarket. Then gather her up from school - up since yesterday evening.
Tomorrow is also 5 YEARS I've been fortunate enough to be married to my sweetie, or HB as I call her. We started joking calling each "honey bunnie" and "pumpkin" from Pulp Fiction scene a while back. I just use HB now. I should probably pick up something. Donations accepted.

The doorbell just rang and the brown truck dropped off my paso porte.
My visa is only good until 12/17. Looks like NYE in 2017 won't be spent in red square. Or times square for that matter.

I was always asked "Why do you look so serious when you are dancing?" Cause dancing is serious business for up perfectionists I suppose. Nobody asks John Travolta. Do they?!

3 things I'll never forget in my life. The first time I tried sauer kraut - nasty.
My first music CD - Running on Empty by Jackson Brown - 1991
And my first video DVDs - The entire Monty Python collection box set, every show ever a year after that.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

HaF, I hope you feel better. Drinking lots of water also helps me when I do that.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

HAF feel better!

Happy Anniversary Brain!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Brain!
Brain getting ready for the big day/dance.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 years Brain.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

HaF, I hope you are feeling better. Stomach bugs are just no fun. Hopefully it is just the not eating and taking meds and not something else.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you feel better by now HaF

Happy anniversary LB
Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks Ruby, but homey don't line dance. I did however do the macarena and was part of the crowd at yankee stadium when we set the "world record" for people doing the macarena at one time. It was also nike socks nite. They handed out cheap white socks with nike and the NY label on them. By the 7th inning the entire right field looked like it snowed. They had to stop the game to clean up the socks thrown onto the field. Next night went to Fenway for a sox game. ROAD TRIP! The driver didn't drink and wouldn't allow beer in the 'family van'. I actually had to sneak beer into the car. geeze. Sat first row by the dugout. Wrigley is on my bucket list.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Not sneaking beer!!! And you should have thrown the white sox onto the field at Fenway.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I've just seen an interview with two of the three girls who were kidnapped by Ariel Castor. They are jaw droppingly brave women. I'm welling up a bit, just in awe.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sao... That little classroom they made.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I love the Macarena and the Electric Slide....love love them. Only reason I go to weddings. Well that and Brick House.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. ...it was just the meds and vitamins on empty stomach mixed with coffee. Not a good combination. But it was a message of what was to come, cause I had a terrible day at work. But it's over and tomorrow is another day. Everyday can't be wonderful. ..
Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy Big A Day, Brainiac!

'Marriage is a fine Institution. But, who wants to live in an Institution'? ~ Groucho Marx

~ Awkward Wedding Photos ~

'Brick House' ~ The Commodores ~ Live
-
Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Everyday can't be wonderful. ..
But....some part of every day can be wonderful!
Just pick one thing.

Today I saw the bee man setting up the hives in the community garden where I have a plot. The bees are wonderful.

Hope you feel better soon HaF!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Olive, what an awesome sentiment. Some part of every day can be wonderful. So true.

My wonderful part of today was my two children wanting to be with me tonight. Both verbally and physically telling me they want me near. I stepped out into the back yard for a moment and my son came looking for me. I asked him what was up and he said "I want you to come inside with us."

I don't know what was up with them today. My daughter said her stomach started hurting again after school. My son is feeling fine but they both seemed awfully subdued for some reason. They both went to bed without complaint and on time. An odd thing. I'm relaxing and am going to spend some time looking at bills. Not terribly exciting but it's got to be done.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Ruby, I love hearing about the warm fuzziness you have with your kids. Cherish those moments.
I think we are on to a new topic - what was wonderful about your day today? It's true, we can always find something.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yes, HaF, there's always something that went well, or brightened our day. I'm glad you're feeling better. I cut out caffeinated coffee a while back. It's rough.