Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-22-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I knew you'd like that too weasel but I didn't want to be too obvious...

We don't hear many metallica songs on this thread, so why not! Trach's not here to rock us out today.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Love Mrs Doubtfire!!

https://vimeo.com/93551574
Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I was out at the lake at the crack of dawn sitting on an old boat ramp taking pictures of the water. Basically taking the same picture over and over again, but with different settings on my new camera. My warped idea of fun.

It was a good day, for the most part, but I wish the weekend wasn't over. Makes me feel a little blue.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Nice Pic!

Mallaig, on the West Coast of Scotland. It's where the terminus is for the Train in the first Harry Potter Film.

We rented the House in the center for a week. Sweet spot!

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Boatride.JPG (91.7 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-22-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I was thinking that didn't seem like Colorado Mesa, but instead somewhere closer to home!!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great company, everyone! Have an awesome, sober start to the week.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Wow, where did the weekend go. I'm kinda bummed that it's over. It was a good one...I missed out on most of this thread. Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

yeah, me too, say good night Olive
Old 03-22-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Well we have some excitement here. We have a bat in the house. It went upstairs and mr. strat is trying to find it.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Ooooh! A bat in the house! That's certainly always an adventure! Good luck to Mr. Strat...every time you say that "men are good for nothing", remember that you're right...but, we also have to go searching for bats in the rafters and raccoons in the garage, so maybe we are good for one thing.

Here's one of my favorite clips, it's a terrified man getting an owl out of his house! Speaking of owls, whoooo's ready for bed? I am. Back in Guatemala after a long travel day. Night folks!

(brief inappropriate language alert)

Edit: here's part 1. Our hero is not as successful this time around:

Old 03-22-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Thanks BigS. I am glad we're not dealing with an owl. I can't even imagine. I love that the person is using a swiffer. Who knew it was good for owl removal as well?

The bat is somewhere in the house upstairs. Considering how small bats are, it's not a good thing since we can't go to bed until the bat is found. mr. strat is very good with removing dead skunks, dead snakes and live bats. He's starting to wonder what he's going to be removing next. I am very appreciative.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good gracious! No one pointed it out so I will. We made twenty pages! I've got the kids in bed. Husband in bed. I'm eating ice cream. Sunday night get away from me. Back to the usual grind.

Strat! A bat in the house. I hate when that happens. They swoop so much. I've had that happen twice when I lived in Minnesota. The first time we shut it in a bedroom and found it hanging upside down from the spine of a book on the bookshelves. We threw a towel over it and got it out the door. The second time it flew out an open window. Always exciting.

KC and the Sunshine band! Awesome! Thanks Brain! I could use a little of that.

Jerri, I like the photo. Nice shot and I can't think of a better way to pass time than to experiment with a camera on the shores of a lake. Peaceful!

BigS, I hope you had a relaxing weekend with all the buzzing around you did but your visa requirements are done for another few months at least. Reminded me I had a bird in my apartment in Minnesota too. Great place for urban wildlife but not in the house. At least it was not an owl.

I am a night owl but now, I have to go to bed. Morning comes soon enough. We gonna go for twenty five pages? Gilmer, are you done with your homework?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Wow...I wouldn't like having a bat in the house. I've had birds fly in the house and they are trouble enough to remove. Thank goodness for mr. Strat. I hope he can catch it before you try to get to sleep. ..
Old 03-22-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

HaF, hope you had a good weekend.

Strat, how's Mr. Strat doing on the bat situation? Hopefully he's gotten it.

I'm going to bed now. Have a peaceful sleep everyone! Who on page one or two wanted to go through the beginning of the week? See you all in the morning!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

The bat is still somewhere upstairs hiding. I hope it's not too much later of a night.
If they didn't carry rabies, I don't think I'd worry as much about going to bed, but they do, so it needs to be out of the house.

I wish they were like this and didn't carry rabies.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning,

Was Mr Strategy successful in de-batting your upstairs?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning! Up and getting ready for work. It will be a different sort of week. Lost my connection at work. I will be nice but no need to confide in someone who does not feel the same. So I need to adjust.

Need to get an update on Tommy today. Go see him if I can. Not sure what is up.

Have a good week folks!

K
Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Ken - I hope there's some good news with Tommy. Also, I'm trying to psyche myself up for work today, for different reasons. Good luck to both of us!

Strat - I hope the bat situation was resolved and you were able to sleep peacefully.

A couple weeks ago I had to take my sister to the doctor. When I got there she had the door open, and there was a male cardinal flying around in her living room. Thankfully, it flew out right after I walked in. Funny thing was my sister didn't even notice. lol. Completely oblivious to the bright red bird freaking out in her living room.

Last edited by jerri11; 03-23-2015 at 03:15 AM. Reason: forgetful
Old 03-23-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Yes, Ruby, the homework was done yesterday morning. Now onto more!

I'm the animal shoo-er in our house. I've coaxed out three birds and a skunk (looked it right in the eye at close range but did not get sprayed!). My husband mockingly calls me St. Francis! About the skunk--we had been trying to catch a dog food-stealing raccoon in a humane cage trap--but we got the skunk instead. I propped its cage door open, then put a can of tuna outside. The next morning, it was gone!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Lol at your sister not noticing the cardinal! Happy Monday all!