Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that, Weasel. I send hugs your way.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your dear friend, Weasel.

I'm a bit down n out this morn ( most likely growing anxiety about the hubby coming home from rehab soon. )

Strategery, Thx for a good laugh!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Oh Ken I am so very sorry. There but for the grace of God go I. I am sure that was painful to post but thank you for posting it. I think it is very important for us to always be cognizant of the dangers of continuing to ingest poisons.
+1

Prayers going up for Tommy.

Sorry you are going through this, Ken, but thanks for the reminder. I often post that my addiction is a liar and a thief that would kill me if I let it. Tommy's plight proves I'm not exaggerating.

We have a lot of fun in the sober weekender thread. I am all for that. It is good and proper for us to demonstrate in the newcomer's forum that sober people attain rich and rewarding lives. Let's never forget what we are up against, though: A stone cold murderer.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Homework done!

I am praying for Tommy, Weasel.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Loved having father-daughter time with my dad this weekend. (My mom is on holiday with her sister and mother.) Spent yesterday gardening, napping, reading and eating. I cooked an awesome steak for us last night - two minutes on the pan, with fresh peas and creamy mashed potatoes. My dad surprised me with breakfast in bed this morning: rashers, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, pancakes with Canadian maple syrup and two cups of tea! Now it's time to get ready to head back to town, reality and work tomorrow.

I have lots to look forward to: work (which I actually like), my cousins wedding in two weeks (nice night in a castle!) and my best friends wedding in May.

My therapist often tells me "as long as you stay away from alcohol there is no reason why you shouldn't have a good and normal life".
Old 03-22-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Sorry, I just read Weasel's post.

I am sorry about your friend.

Thoughts and prayers with both of you xx
Old 03-22-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Old 03-22-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Trach had a tournament this weekend so he must have headed out early. So, in his absence I will put up the Sunday morning relaxing tunes - hope not too late...

Open in another window and listen for an hour 1/2 is the usual drill, enjoy your Sunday everyone. Hope everyone ahead of us on the world clock had a great weekend.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Saoutchik, sounds like an interesting run. I had to Google St. Sepulchre's graveyard.

Phoenix, good to see you.
Non, glad your kindle was located.

We are going to church and then running errands for things Mr. Ruby deems absolutely necessary for his work trip. He's a truck driver and is being sent on the road. So it will be single mom ruby for much of the week.

I have to go.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Have yet more stuff to work on. If I can get through March, I will be set.

Weasel-I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you're able to get some more coffees with Tommy.

Non-you need to start cheering for U of A for basketball.

I wanted to repost this (I can't remember who originally posted it) since it was funny and seems appropriate for this weekend given the theme.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend K. Sounds like you are a very kind and compassionate friend to him.

B
Old 03-22-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Picked up some shaved steak... Add left over provolone... Salt and pepper... Soft roll... Left over tater salad... And ...sniffle.... The last episode of house of cards season three... Sniffle....
Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Well, I remained sober last night. My girlfriend is having a very rough time of it--she found out her sister is in the hospital dying of cancer. I can't be there with them so that makes me especially frustrated.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Non-you need to start cheering for U of A for basketball.
Are they in the Big Ten yet?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Made it to Sunday although the week tends to be more difficult for me because of work.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Good job JD and Alaina!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Checking in. We are doing a one-night camping thing with friends and their close neighbors. My friends' daughter is best friends with mine and wanted to spend her birthday camping.

I was worried about being around people drinking, but then I realized that our friends' neighbors were doing all the cooking and they don't drink at all. The husband has been abstinent for fifteen years and his wife doesn't drink to support him. Our friends didn't drink. The neighbor says he doesn't drink because every time he does, "he breaks out in a terrible case of handcuffs."

I never knew how much easier it is to stay sober when you are with other sober people. Gawd!

My husband drank a glass of wine when we got back to our cabin and then the whole internal conflict of man v. beast set in.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by JD4010 View Post
Well, I remained sober last night. My girlfriend is having a very rough time of it--she found out her sister is in the hospital dying of cancer. I can't be there with them so that makes me especially frustrated.
Good job not drinking JD. Sorry to hear of her sister. But there is never a reason to drink. Stay strong.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Taylor Swift, get out of my head!!!

I dare y'all to sit still...
Gap Band: Shake

Time for some barbecue and March Madness!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good one Conquest The Gap Band lll is one of my all time fave albums

Sorry to hear about your girlfriends sister JD

Well done Alaina

Thanks Ruby - St Sep's reasonably quiet at this time of the year. No one famous is buried there but it's where London's execution bell is

I'm back home now relaxing with a cup of green tea.

With a bit of luck all that trampling about on marshes will have burned of some of the calories I've consumed this weekend.

BigS you're quite right about British pizza, I rarely eat it and I eat anything.