Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Here is another song for you Melki. It's the sing along version. Your welcome.
NO. N. O. Not going there again!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Bat guano is a good fertilizer, or so I've heard. Strat, you could start your own cottage industry.

Loved the Batman TV series! Like I love The Tick cartoon. Never got interested in the Tick live action with Patrick Warburton. Best lines ever!

Olive, if you have the seed packets still they sometimes print a picture of a seedling for identification purposes.

Saoutchik, I love the vast anti saoutchik conspiracy. Sounds like how I feel some days. Hopefully the conspiracy ends on Tuesday.

Della, I hope you're having a good evening. Wine region. That would make it tough to find non alcohol post cards but isn't that the finger lakes region? Maybe some other scenery.

I just did ten push ups. I'm working on getting my arms back in shape. Time to do ten more.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Well the bat saga has officially come to an end. Was watching tv in bed, heard some rustling, and the bat came out. mr. strat was on the bat situation. Bat is now out of the house.

Ruby-great job on the push ups! No bat guano thank goodness. I would need more bats....
Old 03-23-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Yay for Mr. Strat! You can sleep peacefully tonight and not jump at imaginary rustles in the dark.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
saoutchik

To the Bat Cave!

Agree with LBRAIN " I doth my cowl at you" is positively Shakespearean. THANKEST! Mesa Man.

4th week in a row that I've managed not to have any landfill rubbish to be collected. I do believe I shall be receiving a "good boy" certificate from my local council.

Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Incidentally, I'm in a place called Woking in Surrey having made my delivery (been up since 5:30am). I'm about to have something called a "Watchman's" breakfast. Who can resist a title like that (not me for sure)
Old 03-24-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday! I'm realizing I need more sleep on a daily basis. No more night owl. Better take care of the T part in HALT.

Saoutchik, what is in the watchman's breakfast?

Mr. Ruby left for work at 2 a.m. he's leaving today for work, returning tomorrow.

Time to get kids up and ready
Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
saoutchik

OK Ruby, a Watchman's breakfast is (apparantly)

Sausages
Bacon
Eggs
Hash Browns
Soda Bread
Tomatoes
Beans
Mushrooms
A pot of immensly strong coffee

I must admit I was worried for a while but as you have probably realised by now I have an iron will in these matters and finished the lot inside half an hour

Actually it sort of reminded me of going in to a diner in Florida once for breakfast many years ago. Then it involved a huge (nearly raw) steak. The short order cook was kind of looking over to if I was going to quit - I felt the honour of Great Britain was on the line so I ploughed on to the end and amazingly didn't suffer the expected heart attack. Rule Brittania
Old 03-24-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Old 03-24-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

I believe a watchman's breakfast is similar to a 'farmer's breakfast' or a 'mountain man breakfast'
I've been making them for about a week here. I do it in stages with my small cubed potatoes going in the pan fist - unless I cook bacon and used the bacon fat to cook the taters... basically chop all the ingredients to about the same size, then when the infedients are 'cooked enough' smash eggs over it all, stir it together and let is finish cooking, add cheese at the end of cooking
no matter how you make you can't go wrong - except leave out the beans please

throw some salsa or franks hot sauce on it as desired.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

This thread could very well hit 500. This is a good thing.

I have otherwise nothing of value to add this morning
Old 03-24-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Here's my contribution toward 500!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

LtoR,

Tony Williamson - Chris Thile - Joe Walsh - Sam Bush - Sierra Hull
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I could go on one of my one-word-per-post campaigns. That's good for post counts.

or

Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

now that's funny

Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

c'mon! probably the best ten minutes you will spend this week is about to happen.

I love it at the end when the lady reporter, "I am from the Moscow Bugle." precious!

who was better, Adam West of William Shatner?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Coworker in... Did not mention anything. I see him very differently now. Guess I just needed an adjustment.

Not usually the kind to get suckered with people. I can typically see what is real or not. But he is one of those Midwest people and they can hide in a folksy facade more easily than us East coast NYC realists can.

Nuff about that... But wanted to update and inch towards 500.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Holy Bat Poop Cow Man!

So much bad old TV Footage. So little time...

See here a Batmobile Repro for only $200k. Now, where's my Checkbook?

Hammacher Schlemmer 1966 Batmobile Ad

I played Tour Guide around Scotland with some Pals. He didn't think much of Beans with Breakfast. He waited for the 'right' moment, and stealthily poured his portion of Beans into a Potted Plant adjacent. This probably didn't endear us Americans to the older Gal running this B&B when it was discovered later, but it was mighty funny at the time.

Wild Man Keith Moon famously 'over-packed' the explosives in his Drum Kit for the lil surprise ending on one of the Songs they played this night. Pete Townshend's Hearing in one Ear was never again the same.

'I Can See For Miles' ~ The Who ~ The Smothers Brothers 1967

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Who.jpg (54.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

((Weasel)) You were being your generous, helpful, friendly self. It's okay if he didn't respond. It's no reflection on you.

I'd say shake it off, but that's so last week.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I'm baaack. But I can't watch the Batman clip right now because I'm about to head into the building. Rats.

That watchman's breakfast sounds like a breakfast buffet instead of a plate of food. Trencherman's breakfast? I enjoyed the English breakfasts I had at a hotel off Russell Square one of the times I was in London. I'm a savory breakfast eater. So beans don't put me off.

Weas, good that you had the "meet" with the co worker. That Midwest passive aggressive thing. I don't encounter it so much in Chicago but it was hard to deal with and understand when I lived in Minnesota. In fact, it had its own "Minnesota Nice" appellation. Just my own experience and I'm not even certain it was universal before I get blasted.

Ok. Keep posting Bimini! Onwards to 500!!!!