Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi everyone,

Ruby I hope that by next weekends thread Spring will have pulled it's socks up and "sprung" for all of you in the Midwest/Northeast region.

Kzaug - I'm glad you had a good time with your children and grandson. Hang on in there for sure (easier said than done I know)

Good news about your friend Weasel. Things are often less dramatic when heard 1st hand than 3rd hand.

I am forced to conlude that the vast global anti-Saoutchik conspiracy is once more up to its dastardly tricks. They missed completing one of my orders in time for the courier to collect AGAIN (second time in a week) This means I've got to drive our enormous pick-up through Londons streets and out into Surrey. Bah!
Old 03-23-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Look at this little thread go.

Squee @ the baby bats.

Yay for Tommy.

Just say "No" to crack.

uh...
Old 03-23-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

kzaug, to put it into perspective, my husband has directly spent $2,800 on crack since February 1. He quit his job and got a new one but I've yet to see a full if any paycheck from him in three weeks. That's over half my credit card debt which is so high fr his prior relapses. I make enough to float us for a while but then I'm paying all Hubby's regular expenses while hoping for him to start bringing his checks home so the true cost of his binges is FAR higher. Plus the fact that he's bloody useless for days on end afterwards. It's fire to play with it. And if you give it a good go, the level of insane and dangerous paranoia ramps up.

I'm having a bad day, guys and girls. I didn't eat right and what I did eat was too sugary. I was diagnosed prediabetic a few months ago but told treat it with diet, come back for recheck in June. I feel like crying. Too much sugar. Right now I'm riding the train to the office due to the weather and trying to relax. Bummer. I ate some protein and am drinking water so I will be ok but I'm going to have to seriously put the brakes on sugar.

Bernie, that is a very sad story about your friend.
Weasel, I'm glad Tommy is doing better. There's always hope.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Wow, Ty for your perspective, Ruby! I'm so sorry about your hubby ( can definitely relate on that front...different drugs...same story! )

It seems we have pre-diabetes in common also. I was diagnosed last Nov. ( still haven't been rechecked. ) I've always assumed that one needed to be overweight to have type 2 diabetes, but apparently not ( yet...I've been eating everything in sight for the last wk.!!! Uuhhgg! )

I hope your day becomes brighter!

Saoutchik..Ty!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

(((Ruby)))
Old 03-23-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

For crying out loud! People get information all wrong. Tommy did have seizures on Saturday when I saw him and he was blank faced... also his kidneys were not working properly because he was extremely dehydrated. But he is going to be fine.

People have others dead to quick. Sorry for any upset...Not into drama by nature.

He is frail from the car accident and everyone freaks when he goes down. Anyway... he is going through withdrawals and is being monitored. The guy does not drink water. Only beer. Not my fight to fight so I take the man as he is.

I love him either way!

Coffee time and food delivery seems to be back in service once he gets released.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Aah Ruby that's tough to read.

You deserve better

Put you self (and kids) first Ruby.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer, thanks Saoutchik, I maintain but it gets tough so I vent on here. Sounds like a broken record sometimes, doesn't it? No easy answers. Put up or shut up? I just feel I'm getting in the frame of mind to do what I need to do. And I'm a procrastinator of royal proportions :/

Kzaug, thanks and you know, diabetes will hit you regardless of your weight, I've discovered. I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life at 134 pounds. Most of my drinking life I was severely underweight because I didn't eat. But, I probably damaged my pancreas along the way. Or it's genetic. Just have to be better about being mindful of the eating.

Weasel, it's hard. HOpefully Tommy gets through detox just fine and makes decisions to stay sober. I never drank enough water either when I was drinking. Still don't actually. List of things to do number 500. It's good he has your friendship and support.

I'm about to leave the office for the day. I'm super glad the weekend thread has kept going! We are on page 22. Can we get to 25 today? Maybe, maybe not. We can sure try! See you all later.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

So we're still on bat hunt. Sort of unsettling to have a rogue bat wandering around the house. Last thing I want to be finding is bat guano around the house in odd places. So the bat saga continues on same bat channel and same bat station.

Saoutchik-how can I help solve the vast anti-Saoutchik global conspiracy? I got the biggest kick out of that and can relate since I feel that way at times too.

Lbrain-For some weird reason, I can't find any bat recipes on the net. The net doesn't look kindly on eating bats. Something about disease...

Ruby- I can relate with feeling like you know what you should do, but there not being a clear path other than things you're not willing to do. Sometimes new options crop up when you least expect. I hope your day gets better. I still can't believe you have snow.

Weasel-I am glad Tommy is in better shape than originally believed.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Badges, to **** with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges!

When I planted these babies three weeks ago, I plumb forgot to label the little pots. But I am pretty sure I can tell who is what. We got some kohlrabi, some walla walla sweets, some celery and some peppers!

Happy Spring!

Just doing my part to get us to 500 posts.

I hope everyone had a good Monday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
growing (250x188).jpg (74.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-23-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Well Olive I finally found a shop with postcards....unfortunately they were all various shots of wine and wineries...of course I live on a wine trail lol. Didn't think that would be very apropos to send...but never fear I am on a mission now!

Ewwww to the bat! I had a bird in here a few weeks ago and that about tipped me over. I would probably just move out if it were a bat...and I own my house lol. Course there is no Mr Della to help!

Ruby all I can say is I don't really know you but from what I do know you are too good for this...
Old 03-23-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Bad Fight Scenes edited from 'Batman'. Highly entertaining. These could show 'Velveeta' a thing or two about being Cheesy...

Batman TV Fight Scenes

-
Old 03-23-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

This could possibly be the best line in any TV show ever.

"I doff my cowl to you, Maid Marilyn."

Batman certainly was a real gentleman.

I almost peed myself when batman came around on the clock and punched that clock villain
Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Ruby...it will become clear one day and you will take some action. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and your kids. And btw....you need to eat well!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Too funny.....
Old 03-23-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

mmmmm...want kohlrabi...
Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Too funny.....

This song... Get it out of my head pleeeeeeease!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Della...you had me laughing about moving out if a bat entered your house. I would probably have to do the same...no mr. HaF around this house either. Although maybe my dogs would catch it. Lol.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

I felt so bad for the bird in here. Between Cujo and the 3 cats it was like Wild Kingdom. I had every door and window open and he wouldn't fly out!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post

This song... Get it out of my head pleeeeeeease!
Here is another song for you Melki. It's the sing along version. Your welcome.

Della-I am starting to wonder if I should move out of the house too. Between hearing about infectious disease stories over the summer, with some of them including rabies, and expecting a bat to pop out at random times, it's nuts (should I get rabies prophylaxis since bat bites aren't felt?). I am glad you were able to get the bird out.