Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-23-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Here's a little irony. This weekend I met a Guardian ad Litem through some friends of my boyfriends and had dinner with her and our friends and the house I cleaned on Sunday was the home of a lawyer from the next large town over. I just couldn't believe how different my life has become. I did share some brief history of myself with the GAL and it was really nice to hear that she believed that with a program set in place, addicts and alcoholics can and do get well. It was so refreshing to hear that from someone deep in the trenches.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Hot topic of the night: what do you all think about drinking for those who have been addicted to other drugs?

I am doing my fantasy baseball draft online, while all of my other friends are together in Chicago. One of my friends just texted me to let me know that one of the guys is "passed out already". We're not even halfway finished, either.

Thing is, the guy who is passed out already has been to rehab before. For benzos, stuff like xanax, klonipin, etc. He's actually been pretty supportive of me in my recovery from alcohol. Anyway, he's recovered from benzos (he's been to treatment for this MULTIPLE times) yet he still partakes in heavy drinking. Tonight, he's already passed out at 9pm for an event we've all been planning for months. He's 40 years old. This doesn't sound like someone who has a good handle on his drinking.

Not my monkeys, of course. But it's a good question for this group: what do you think about recovered pill addicts still drinking alcohol? I know some members are currently experiencing this issue in their lives so I apologize to bring up sore spots. When I recovered from alcoholism, I smoked weed for a while and it quickly became clear it was a "replacement addiction" and it caused me some pain. I feel that I'm better off without all substances and many experts agree. Thoughts?
For me personally, a drug is a drug. I have friends who drink like "norms" who have been addicted to drugs. My friend abused alcohol for years and used meth in his early 20's but has no problem with taking a few pain pills now and then.

"Normal" drinking sounds nothing like what you described up there. It describes how I drank. No thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Still no sign of the bat, so maybe it will pop back up tonight. I ended up going to bed at 1a thinking it would pop up. No luck so far.

Saoutchik- Hopefully, debatting will occur tonight.

Gilmer-wow. You were brave and smart with the skunk. I am glad you were able to get it out of the cage with tuna without spraying you.

Jerri-I am glad you were able to get the cardinal out for your sister even though she didn't notice.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

It depends on the person, somewhat. If we're into altering our state of mind, pills will just be replaced with booze. I had a friend who drank, went to treatment early on, around 30. Didn't drink but got into Vicodin. Multiple attempts at rehab, then finally she started drinking again with the V. She died of an OD three years ago.

Had a full weekend, still living in the midst of a construction zone but making due as the end is coming. Looks like it was a great, sober weekend! Happy Monday!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Monday. It's still dark. It's twenty degrees. It's snowing. Guess spring skipped summer to winter again.

Latte, I'm glad your weekend was good. People can and do get better. This thread is proof of that.

Time to get everyone ready and shuffled out the door. New after school child minding starts today. I hope my kids have a good experience. I'm admitting to being a little nervous.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
yeah, me too, say good night Olive
Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Made it through the wkend A okay!

Yesterday started out quite gloomy for me, but then my oldest daughter texted me to ask if I was busy?
We've had a very rocky relationship over the last 10yrs...up until the past 6mos!
And yesterday, we had a fantastic, fun filled day!
We ( along w/my 9yr. old grandson & my 22yr. old son ) went out to lunch, talked, laughed & just had the greatest day! They didn't leave until 9pm!

Boy did all those happy endorphins help w/the withdrawals I was feeling earlier in the day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone. ..strat, I can't believe you had to sleep with the bat in the house. Although it might be gone by now, they are more like mice and run away. Yuck.
Ruby. .I hope your new child care works out and you don't have to worry about your kids.
Ok....I'm trying to be happy that it's Monday morning. I will try to look at it from a perspective of gratitude. I am grateful that I am healthy enough to be able to go to work on this glorious Monday morning!
And besides. ..Friday will be here before you know it.
Have a great week, good people!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Kz ,
our addictions seem to make us believe negative or bad emotions will hang round forever .. they did when i was actively drinking.
Being sober you can almost guarantee things will change if you give it some sober time

Keep on

m
Old 03-23-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Kzaug, I'm glad you had a great day! That's terrific. I know that I've had bouts of unhappiness for so long at times that I forget that it's ok to be happy.

HaF, it will be friday before you know it. In the meanwhile, we can focus on being happy and balanced.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

wow Strat, things are going batty for you... yuk yuk yuk

I was thinking tennis racket and a flashlight is the usual bat eradication weaponry.

I understand bats are actually quite tasty.

btw, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than contracting rabies from a bat.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Thx alot Mecanix & Ruby!

I'm happy to say that I've been alcohol free ( mixed w/a lot of coke ) for 11yrs.!

And...methadone, norco, clonopin & heroin free for 7mos.!

Finally...suboxine free for 27days! Those withdrawals seem to last quite a long time, but it's more of a annoying, lingering feeling now ( inner type shakes mixed w/a lot of anxiety. )

I relapsed 2 days in the past mo. w/an entirely new drug to me...crack ( refused to give into the substances I've previously done...wanted to feel better from withdrawals for each day...& knew that crack wasn't physically addicting...my way of thinking? Twisted, I know! )

I've been struggling w/trying to push negative feelings away the last 2 mornings...not about using...but from anxiety about Mr. Kz coming home from rehab.

I've always been a "mind over matter" type of woman ( believing that positive thaughts will lead to positive actions! ) But, Mr.Kz is extremely negative when he quits drugs, making everyone's life pure hell ( like he feels. )

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be posting my thaughts.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

http://i61.tinypic.com/11goidd.jpg

Good Monday morning!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Old 03-23-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Kzaug, please please please don't pick up crack! Fight through it. You've read my Mr. Ruby stories earlier. That is his drug of choice. He's been battling it ever since I met him ten years ago. It's soul destroying
Old 03-23-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Nuffin' about a Monday that a Dog Pic doesn't make better!

More great Weather. Packing up endless Guano in the Garage for the Big Move.

I searched yesterday for a decent Re-Mix of 'Shake It Off'. That very concept is an oxymoron, apparently. I was hoping the Muppets had done a cover. I found nada.

-

-
Old 03-23-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Word is tommy will recover. Have no details other than that. Some details I got Saturday were not correct. That happens when we play the telephone game.

I am relieved!!!!

I will update on next weeks thread!

Yeah!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Thx alot Mecanix & Ruby! I'm happy to say that I've been alcohol free ( mixed w/a lot of coke ) for 11yrs.! And...methadone, norco, clonopin & heroin free for 7mos.! Finally...suboxine free for 27days! Those withdrawals seem to last quite a long time, but it's more of a annoying, lingering feeling now ( inner type shakes mixed w/a lot of anxiety. ) I relapsed 2 days in the past mo. w/an entirely new drug to me...crack ( refused to give into the substances I've previously done...wanted to feel better from withdrawals for each day...& knew that crack wasn't physically addicting...my way of thinking? Twisted, I know! ) I've been struggling w/trying to push negative feelings away the last 2 mornings...not about using...but from anxiety about Mr. Kz coming home from rehab. I've always been a "mind over matter" type of woman ( believing that positive thaughts will lead to positive actions! ) But, Mr.Kz is extremely negative when he quits drugs, making everyone's life pure hell ( like he feels. ) I apologize if this is the wrong thread to be posting my thaughts.
Crack is highly emotionally addicting!!!!!!!! It will steal every ounce of your being. I don't have time to elaborate now but do not be fooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Ty Ruby & Weasel!
The 1st time I tried it ( about 1 1/2wks ago ) I only did $20 worth. However, I went all out the 2nd time, spending $250 ( not yesterday, but the Sunday before. )

I fully understand that immense mental pull it has on a person. It took everything in me not too have Mr. Kz buy more for me last Monday! He left for rehab last Tues & I've been doing pretty good since ( in the sense that I have refrained from all drugs...been a bit crabby though. )

Weasel, I'm very happy to hear that your good friend will recover!

Mesaman, love the dog photo ( he sorta looks how I feel...lol! )
Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

A lil bit of 'Tommy' for Tommy...

'See Me ~ Feel Me' ~ Tommy ~ The Who

-