Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I have such brain fog! I have things to do but have no concentration nor volition. I can't even focus on people's posts! Maybe it was the solar eclipse!

Whine over!

Greetings to all the newcomers on the bus! I hope you are all well!

B
Old 03-20-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Definitely a thankless job bimini!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I would be happy to repeat everything I've said, behan.

It's all about me.

That should about cover everything.

Also - there is a reason why I bought a top floor unit. Water runs down into the units below. Therefore I'm safe from my neighbor's water issues.

and, there's a Whiners Anonymous, right here on this site, behan. oh. wait. I guess I should take my own advice. They are pretty funny, the Whiners...read their Preamble - it's hilarious!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...self-true.html

Okay. I'm shaking it off.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Mentium, kzaug2014 and Stu Purple!

Good to see new folks join in the weekend sober fun.

kz... I was a drug user too. So good to have you! Crack is whack!

Was at the store to get dinner and so many people in the drinking isle.

Anyways.... home from the movie. Still Alice is moving. About a woman with early onset Alzheimers. Sad...

Chicken... shake n bake extra crunchy!!! and wild rice with bresh broccoli. Nothing special.

Then I an torn... New puzzle or watch house of cards... hmmmm...

Love the dog BiM!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

That dog is adorable!!
I actually <3 shake and bake
Old 03-20-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mr. Behan... I had brain fog a LOT. I would be at work and not have the next word. Go slow. Let it be. We all kind of go through similar symptoms but sometimes in odd order.

Good part is you are here and doing well.

How was the trip?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

let's get this Friday on! Welcome to all of the new weekenders and return trippers.

I gotta to go clear wet snow outside.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Thanks K! Trip was amazing. Mrs B loved the cottage. Very cosy. You should definitely binge on some House of Cards - I insist!

Lol Bimini - that whiners thread looks hilarious!

Right, I'm going to stop being so hard on myself and just watch a film instead!

B
Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Some nice pictures of this morning eclipse throughout Ireland, for anyone interested.

Pics: The solar eclipse, as captured by you Pics: The solar eclipse, as captured by you · TheJournal.ie via TheJournal.ie
Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well, in case anyone is wondering, it's pretty boring to sit in a tax office all day and not do any taxes. Zero customers today.

One more alcohol story from the Florida trip:
My Brother, Sister, and Mother rant about some coconut rum drink they get at a beach bar. We went there to eat and Mrs. Nons and my Daughter both ordered one of these drinks. When they arrived there was some cinnamon and coconut milk on top of an ice cube in Mrs Non's glass. I dragged my pinkie finger across it to see what it tasted like. Seemed harmless enough at the time, but in retrospect this was D- headwork on my part. It tasted just like rum (D'Uh!), which provoked my beast and had me fixated on booze for 15 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Ahhh, well, I'll take it as a good reminder of what alcohol does to this alcoholic.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Zydeco!!! Love it! Thanks, Brain.

Welcome to all the new folks. Glad you're here.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I am in.

It's been quite a week, with St. Patrick's Day and all. We had gorgeous weather here all week, I went to the parade on Tuesday. What with the sun and fun I did think "a glass of wine would be lovely today". But I went for a cup of coffee and I read the newspaper at the local cafe. There was an article about George Best (footballer)...his son has a new book out it seems about his father's alcoholism and there was a picture of George Best on his deathbed. I just looked at it and thought "I can't do it". I had an ice-cream instead.

Work is going well. I went to work on Wednesday and my boss called me in for a quick chat. My first thought was "what have I done now?" But they just want to start going to their long monthly department meetings to take the minutes, so we'll see how it goes...

Anyway, I'm with my dad and my sister for the weekend. My mom is on holiday with her sister so I'm looking forward to warm sunny spring days!

Happy weekend to all of you!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Day 5; feeling agitated right now and I want to get through the weekend alcohol free.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Day 5; feeling agitated right now and I want to get through the weekend alcohol free.
I was agitated for several weeks. It's a bad time, but drinking only makes it worse in the long run.

Hang in there Pouncer, it gets SO MUCH BETTER. You can do this!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I have two upcoming weddings to prepare for - a cousin and my best friend. At least they are not close family as I don't think I could go through that again.

Anyway I have been hearing this song a lot lately and I have found I actually don't hate it and I thought it seemed appropriate

Happy weekend!!

Old 03-20-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Welcome to everyone! Please pull up a seat or hang from the straps if you don't feel in the mood for sitting yet.

I'm planning to attend a 7 p.m. AA meeting. Then home. Kids watching TV and my mother in law is resting until I leave to go.

Bimini, it is a thankless job. My brother was President of his association and actually got arrested because one of the owners claimed he was harassing her. He sent her a couple of letters asking her to provide copies of leases for the people she said she was renting to. She was running an illegal hotel out of her place. Charges were quickly dismissed but my brother and family ended up moving. So, it is a rotten job. My brother is the most calm and law abiding person you would ever meet. Not even a parking ticket.

So, moral of the story, run away!!!

Time for me to go. See y'all later. Don't cry Lola! Sounds like you've hit a rough patch lately. We're here.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Hang in there Pouncer, it gets SO MUCH BETTER. You can do this!
I am starting to lose faith in myself. I wonder if I will be able to actually do this - it is a lot harder when you know for sure you will never drink again.

It's been a really busy week, going to be a busy weekend full of other people drinking (I have to go, completely unavoidable). I need to finish working on my Big Plan and I haven't had time.

The hardest for me is when I am alone. Especially when I am alone in my room. It was my drinking spot. Keeping busy helps.

Thanks, Nonsensical. I really appreciate the encouragement.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
The hardest for me is when I am alone.
Same here. It was hard, and the only thing that kept me going at times was the folks here at SR - the folks who understand the obsession - kept telling me it would get better. I went on pure blind faith that they knew what they were talking about.

They did.

You can do this.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

You can do this Pouncer and you will be so happy Monday. Think of how hard your taper was but you got through that.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hi Pouncer,

Planning ahead works for me. What i will drink, what I will say, plan for a quick exit if needed!

Keep checking in here. I find SR invaluable!!!

My best wishes,

B