Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekender Thread Sept 5-7! Join us!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm on the bus! Thank you for allowing me on
Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you LTV
Old 09-04-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

you mean this LTV?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
super librarian.jpg (12.0 KB, 73 views)
Old 09-04-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Mesa,

What do you think? Quadrophenia (the whole album)for best musical piece ever?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Would love to join in the football talk...but my knowledge of football is like this:

Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm in. I've been busy at work for a change so haven't been able to check in. I arrived home to find my kitchen semi demolished. The kitchen project has officially started. I don't know how I'm going to make the lunches in the morning. Sink is still there but surfaces covered.

This kind of stinks. The house looks as bad as it did when I was single and still drinking. Yuck. And I'm feeling so far behind on the thread. I need to get kids to bed. And I'm distracted. I'm in. I'm sober. And tragedy yesterday. I bought ice cream cones and in my daughters rush to bring the ice cream in she knocked the box of cones out of the bag onto the ground, behind my left foot. I didn't see them, stepped backwards and "crunch." Nose of them were still intact. I supposed I could pretend the rest of them are chips and dip them into the ice cream.

Talk to you all later. Ice cream time.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Quad

Trach ~

Very possibly... Epic statement on an entire Social Era, and on Alienation.

Roger Daltrey came through last year and did 'Quad' on his own with backing Band. Pete Townshend's Brother on Guitar, and Zak Starkey on Drums, to boot. I missed it.

Tea Drinking, Fitness Nut Daltrey sure provides us all a healthy example. The Who's live DVD from Summer of 2013 shows Daltrey hitting the high notes mighty darn well. Impressive.

Entwistle was my Bass Hero. I sure miss him. On the right side of the You Tube Page I linked above, his Bass Lines on 'Won't Get Fooled Again' are isolated out in a Vid Clip, as they were on the original VHS Tape of that Show. Ole 'Thunderfingers' was astonishing. In some Shows, you'll see 2 Water Bottles strapped to his Mic Stand. Red Wine in one. Vodka in the other.

I dunno what the Hell it is about us [p/t] Musicians...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Trach ~

Very possibly... Epic statement on an entire Social Era, and on Alienation.

Roger Daltrey came through last year and did 'Quad' on his own with backing Band. Pete Townshend's Brother on Guitar, and Zak Starkey on Drums, to boot. I missed it.

Tea Drinking, Fitness Nut Daltrey sure provides us all a healthy example. The Who's live DVD from Summer of 2013 shows Daltrey hitting the high notes mighty darn well. Impressive.

Entwistle was my Bass Hero. I sure miss him. On the right side of the You Tube Page I linked above, his Bass Lines on 'Won't Get Fooled Again' are isolated out in a Vid Clip, as they were on the original VHS Tape of that Show. Ole 'Thunderfingers' was astonishing. In some Shows, you'll see 2 Water Bottles strapped to his Mic Stand. Red Wine in one. Vodka in the other.

I dunno what the Hell it is about us [p/t] Musicians...
Everything you said, times two. Stunning musicians. In the past few years, I've become enamored with Moon's drumming. Just a fabulous performance by all involved.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Mesa Man ~ Your dogs are beautiful. We just got a dog park last month in our little town. It is always busy and fun! We took the dogs last night and it is lots of fun for the people and the dogs.

Ruby2- we went thru a kitchen remodel. It isn't much fun during the mess, but after it is done, it is MARVELOUS!!! Just hang on. The mess is temporary.

And GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Im buying a ticket. Have a lot of enablers this weekend to avoid so looking for all the motivation I can

Here hoping none get off
Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Altoids! I'm going to clear one area of the house and try to keep it clutter free. I'm hoping to have it done before the snow flies.

I did find a piece of the original 1950s linoleum flooring today. The kitchen must have been a sight back then. I'm actually kind of liking the Lino in a funky way, but I think it's a bit dark and probably not made anymore. It reminds me of a bowling ball that has those swirls of marbleized color in it.

Watching tv and then bed. See you all in the morning!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Facing Future...just read your post about this site giving you Hope and have to say that is exactly how I started here, Day1, on SR. This is such a hopeful place to be. Glad you are on the bus this sober weekend!

Ruby! I cannot wait to hear about how your brand new kitchen progresses. Aren't old textiles amazing (that piece of flooring)? So much more than meets the eye. Reminds me of my grandmother who once told me the story of building her home during WWII and only being able to find plastic 'tile' for the bathtub/shower walls because materials were scarce. What colors are you choosing? How about materials? Do tell

Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ruby, if you can't decide, try this:
I kinda like the pink one myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
tiles-6.jpg (25.2 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I missed the last thread. So I am in on this one! Sober all the way for the weekend!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Ruby, I like this wood floor...

Nice, Brain. I am partial to the green vinyl swatch, myself. Gives you that au naturale feeling of being outside.

The wood is so easy to clean. Make sure to seal the tile or slate really well, if that is the floor type that you choose. I'll just sit up and muse about your new kitchen while you are getting a good night's sleep

Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning sober crew! I watched the last 2 episodes of Dexter last night. I found the ending pretty disappointing.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm leaving for the day and leaving y'all with some morning music from a legendary pianist. Have a great day.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
Good morning sober crew! I watched the last 2 episodes of Dexter last night. I found the ending pretty disappointing.
Oh my gosh Oldself...Dexter is just entirely too creepy for me. So I am really not upset that you offered up a spoiler.

Now, have you watched the finale of "The Killing"? AND have you had the opportunity to watch "The Knick" with Clive Owen on HBO/Cinemax? Interested to hear what everyone thinks about those.

Happy Friday!

Old 09-05-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

LTV I haven't watched the killing yet but it's next in my queue. I've been hearing great things about it.