Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekender Thread Sept 5-7! Join us!

Old 09-05-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend!

Planning on catching up with last nights NFL when I get in.

In regards to the killing, I love that show! Up to about season 3 now I think, story has me hooked.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

LeTheVerte - Where did this pic come from? I like the design, and I am all over designs now because my new apartment is about to be ready next month, and i will have to deal with all designing, repairs, etc.

I love Dexter, especially when his his wife was extracted - just hated this personage.

And I 've finally decided to guve US Killing a try - thought it would be disappointment after original Danish series. But I am on Season 3 now - not bad at all.

See you all)
Old 09-05-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I am not of the pigskin persuasion.
More of a Taylor Pork Roll man.

I made it to halftime last night and then I had to go to bed. I was tired. We had a thunderstorm roll over us on Wednesday night, and it sets my big dog off. She'll go wear out a rabid fox without batting an eye, but a little thunder has her whimpering by my side of the bed all night.

Making my to do list this morning with my cup of coffee. Got a lunch date with a beautiful 20-year-old blonde (my daughter) this afternoon. There's a nice Mediterranean place we like. We'll probably take my father-in-law as well. Grape leaves and hummus - yum!

Old 09-05-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

oldself - bet you a bit po'd the last dexter - like me.
off to the gym - looks like rain outside
Old 09-05-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend gang...good times

D
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
oldself - bet you a bit po'd the last dexter - like me. off to the gym - looks like rain outside
You bet right Brain. I was like WTF?!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Tomorrow I am participating in a fitness competition. o_O I am just going for fun so we will see how it goes, ha!
Sunday I am going with the fam to our local water park for some thrills and spills.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ruby, I know the construction stuff , get a folding table and put it in another room for some counter space.
it is like this but laid subway style...I am also putting this in the master bedroom too, but stacked. I went with 12 X 24 ceramic tile that looks like pecan wood flooring.

bedroom tile floor.jpg
Old 09-05-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey team!!!!

I woke in the most excellent of moods. Why? Who the heck cares why. I did! Now its time to make use of it and share the wealth.

Ready for the weekend with a bunch of thing on the docket.

Everyone seems chipper this weekend. Maybe the promise of a season change was needed. Hmmmm....

I see a few new folks. Welcome!!!! The thread moves fast so no worries in keeping up. Post what matters to you. If you find you are struggling we are glad to help... But... don't forget you can post in the main forum to get the most immediate support.

Ken
Old 09-05-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

TGIF! Don't know what the weekend brings, just glad it's here! Enjoy everyone!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I am so late to the thread and I don't have time to catch up--but I'm in.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, Everyone!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hi everyone...I'm in. It's always great to share the weekend and read everyone's posts. I've been feeling pretty low lately so the humor and good cheer is a welcome distraction. Not drinking; just trying to figure life sober out and actually deal with emotions and hardship.

I'm going to have start watching The Killing. My boss has been telling me how much she is addicted to the show and now all the posts here have convinced me that I've got to check it out.

My husband is a huge Who fan. I am huge fan of looking at Roger Daltry. I loved that Daltry was in the first new Sherlock. We saw them perform Quadrophenia in 1997 right after we moved to Raleigh. Thanks for the music as always!

Well off to one more day of work and then the weekend! I look forward to spending it with you!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I woke up feeling terribly low. I need to get more sleep. But after reading the thread I'm feeling much better.

Fandy, I really like that tile. It's very pretty. Brain, when I moved into this house I found a little box in the basement with tiny square tile swatches just like you posted. I'm partial to the cream colored one with speckles. LTV, I'm realizing I should have done more planning on paper. I like the wood floor. Other people can't easily refer to what I have in my head. Which is already too cluttered. I love old textiles too. Materials interest me. Plastic tiles were big after the war too. My bathroom has aqua plastic tiles and pink fixtures. I think the kitchen had yellow plastic at one point. there is yellow ceramic up now and I found a yellow plastic square in the basement long ago.

Enough mulling. I have to get dressed. Husband said guy was coming at seven to move radiator. Have a great day! I'm off to work.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning, gang!

Got a busy day ahead of me, but still looking to pop in here every now and again!

My girlfriend's parents were in town last weekend () so I didn't get to write much. Thankfully this weekend will be much more relaxed.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

OF - yeah wtf us right.

Ruby, maybe just go with that old retro soda fountain look with a booth and a counter with stools that spin.

I kept seeing Joan Rivers face palstered all over the tv's at the gym - no sound. I assumed she must have died. Yep, it was confirmed on the radio on the way home.
Well, one thing she got going for her is that the undertaker has been working on her for years. So that part is already taken care of. Ba-dump-bump!
Old 09-05-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

LBrain - May she rest in peace
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post

Ruby! I cannot wait to hear about how your brand new kitchen progresses. Aren't old textiles amazing (that piece of flooring)? So much more than meets the eye. Reminds me of my grandmother who once told me the story of building her home during WWII and only being able to find plastic 'tile' for the bathtub/shower walls because materials were scarce. What colors are you choosing? How about materials? Do tell

I wanna know, too. Can you post pics of the during and the old flooring??? I'm actually excited for you and wanna jump in with my paint brush and hammer!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I should look at my posts either before or after I hit reply.
OS- yeah, wtf is right.

Dee - gettin in on the action - Jimmy Barnes can rock it for sure. That would put me in the hospital.

... the undertaker has been working on her for years already... I made up that joke myself - obviously. Joan would be proud of me and would laugh. It sounds like something she would say. There will never be another like her.

I assume the turtle is off again so...

Old 09-05-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I've been enjoying all the clips of Joan Rivers. Oh my, she was hilarious on Johnny Carson back in the old days. RIP Joan. She lived a full life.