Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekender Thread Sept 5-7! Join us!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I post at the strangest of hours. Everyone on the bus is sleeping
Just finished up work. Crawling into the sack. Tonight is a two blanket night. Looks like the chill of Fall is sneaking upon us. Wonderful, sweet Fall!
Hugs to all passengers!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by SnowDawg View Post
I post at the strangest of hours. Everyone on the bus is sleeping
Just had to wake me didn't ya'? Hold it down, ok?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Goodnight Dawg and Trachy

Stay nice and cozy with those blankets. Love the fall time.

MidnightBlue The pic of that hardwood floor is from the website decoist dot com. The pic was just a random image of a floor that I would love to walk on. I like the feel of cool tile or hardwood under my feet. Smooth concrete would definitely be interesting Please consider asking us SRers for color or materials advice for your new place . LOVE materials and contemplating colors. So much fun to read about. I hope the moving and materials hunting is not stressing you out too much.

Sleep time. Good night (soon)!

Old 09-06-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey snow dog , keep on truckin'

For those who have the ice cream thing going on , if you look up raw banana ice cream (thanks cai hong) you find a rather good ice cream made with banana , rather than whatever is in those tubs …..

saturday morning here , coffee going on , book to read , grey day outside and an extra blanket on the bed . so i'm going to snuggle down read and maybe play on the x-box later .

cheers y'all , m
Old 09-06-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Heavy load sign...... are you telling me that it's time I hot back to my diet? ??xx
Old 09-06-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Moring M! Hope that coffee is tasty. I am making a cup now before my walk.

Petals.... we all need diets from the ice cream!

BTW... anyone like Mint Chocolate Chip?? I used to get Turkey Hill when I lived in PA and that was always the best!

Getting ready for a full day of exercise!!

One and two and one and two!

Old 09-06-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning BusMates,

Lots to do today. Brush piles to move, tables to finish, umbrellas to affix.

But first - the bacon!

Old 09-06-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

good morning all - snow dawg checking in after work - somebody's got to do it. When I worked I rarely had a full weekend off and worked most holidays. I can count on one hand the number of xmas days I didn't work some part of it in the past 23 years.

It is the weird weather time here, stinkin hot during the day and cool at night, but it has been in the 70's the past few nights. Gym opens at 0730.
Yesterday I bundled most of my brush and strapped it on the back the hitch carrier to the jeep. Community 'yard vegetation' collection is today. They make a mulch that's free. Low quality weed infested "mulch".
Weasel Turkey Hill is everywhere around these parts. Love their ice cream.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Petals, which weighs more; a pound of feathers or a pound of nails?
Maybe heavy load refers to the people not the size of the load. Kinda like heavy music.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I really used to love Bob Seger back in the day! i just heard "Main Street" in the doctor's office the other day and it sounded so wonderful. He's so evocative when he wants to be--always makes me feel wistful and sad (when he's not rocking the house down).

No big plans today--just studying. Hope to come back later and read this thread all the way through once and for all!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good morning bus....

Saturday, day 5 and I know for sure that today will be a challenge for me. I have to go back to work tonight after a few days off. My job can be quite stressful, and located, conveniently smack dab, right next to a liquor store! The storefronts are even connected. Blahhhh...Right now I'm fixating on this one specific thing that I want to drink "Just one" of. But I know, especially based on past experiences, it will never be just one...It will be just six, and then some.

So the plan for today is: Finish my coffee, drink some water, spin class, eating something good for breakfast, clean, job search, work, might have to go ahead and try the ice cream thing, books, bed. I know a big trigger for me to drink is stress and not realizing that I'm actually hungry, and my body wants food, not booze, so I'm thinking a nice chicken ceasar salad for dinner as well.
I find often in my sobriety that I'm quite hard on myself, and it helps to keep reminding myself that this is GOOD CHOICE, not a prison sentence. I should be kind and gentle with myself at this time.

That's all I have at the moment. Thinking of you all and sending out positive vibes Happy Saturday
Old 09-06-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi all!

A hot humid Saturday morning here. Sounds like so many of you guys have full active day planned...that's awesome! I myself feel like doing a whole lot of nothing. Way long hours this past week at work. Yesterday I didn't get home until after 11pm (and we're talking an office job here, started my day at about 5am b/c we had a deadline). Sooo, I'm pretty much brain dead today. Really was hoping I'd be able to sleep in a little, but that never happens. BUT - I'm not complaining! Just taking things as they come today, and maybe will catch up on some reading or something else easy today.

Sober mornings ROCK even with a dead tired brain
Old 09-06-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Although since I JUST joined yesterday... I'm not quite sure I understand lol. I just like to jump into the middle of things head first it seems. Is this one thread... multiple with *ring ring* beside it? Perhaps its been explained and I just haven't had enough coffee yet... this is quite a possibility.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good morning, JustBreathe! We do a Weekender thread every weekend starting Friday morning Australia time, primarily as a way to help us all maintain sobriety throughout the weekend, but also for the camaraderie and entertainment.

Wishing you well!

K
Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I love this full bus. Everybody is busy and making life happen! I love it.

Last night we went to see Home Free. They are an a Capella group and, WOW, what those guys can do with their voices is amazing. The percussion guy did a "drum" solo that went on for 15 minutes. I have no idea how he could make all those sounds at once. If you closed your eyes, you would not know he wasn't playing the drums. Amazing.

Working on the porch today. We are putting a new coating on it that will protect the wood and make it not slippery. The color is called Chocolate. Yum!
Old 09-06-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Morning folks - great catching up on everyone's weekend. Keeping it simple here: off to the market in an hour or two to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Big market day on Saturdays and the selections are endless. I should be home in time to catch some college football (I stream the games on my laptop online) and then a nice, relaxing day in the city. No real plans.

In one week I leave for Chicago, I have to return to the States for my visa requirements - and I also have plenty to do. I will basically be spending 2 weeks up there, finally closing the chapter. 12 years in Chicago will officially come to a close. I will change my bank, mailing address (my new US "home base" will be FL), and basically tie off any and all loose ends to the city.

I have experienced a bit of stress, melancholy, worry, and even some happiness when I think about returning to complete these tasks. I will take it one step at a time. For now, I will just continue to enjoy where I am now, and try not to get too freaked out about what's coming down the road in the next few weeks! Always glad to have the weekenders thread here to help air my feelings!

Beep beep!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

BigS, when you go back, do so with purpose. Make it like a business trip. Do what you gotta do and close the book. Good luck.

I dropped off my trees/bushes on the way back from the gym. I'm heading back down and get me some bushels of fresh woods chips for the yard. FREE, first come first serve.

Welcome to the weekend justbreath - post whatever you want, if you are having trouble - POST ABOUT IT, or if you just want to share the goodness in your heart with everyone that works too. Don't be shy, especially if you are struggling through the weekend.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Morning weekenders!
The football game last night was a wonderful time! We won, which always sweetens it a little.

I have a bit of mind work to do this weekend. I have been offered a job that I need to make a decision on by the end of the weekend. Been making the pros and cons lists and now I need to ponder them. I think the best place to do that is the beach! So a day at the beach with the dog is in the agenda.

I hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Mystery Achievement

Here's to all those attaining that sometimes-'Mystery Achievement' in their lives: remaining Sober. Despite obstacles. Despite bobbing and weaving around Family or S.O. considerations. Despite fundamentally redefining Lives.

Music Video Link

'Mystery Achievement' ~ The Pretenders

I scored 6th Row Center Seats 2 Summers ago to see 'ZZ Top' at our fabulous Red Rocks Amphitheater. 'The Pretenders' opened, and rocked The Great Outdoors. Vegan Chrissie Hynde turned around and smacked her Jeans-clad Booty and said 'Not bad, eh'? Gotta say, that Vegan Diet has done her well. She said she took Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top to a local Amusement Park, and rode the aging Wooden Rollercoaster after feeding him a Vegan Lunch. Boy, to have been the Ticket Taker for that Ride, eh? Hee hee...

Fog here this morning right out of some 'Sherlock Holmes' Film, due to all the Rain and 48 F Night temps. Love it. Sunny and 82 F by tomorrow. 'Tis Fall in the Rockies.

Dinner tonight at a Pal's House. We Target Shoot together on our W. CO Ranchette. He's serving up Wild Salmon just in from Alaska via some Fishing Pal. After experiencing some Heart 'weirdness' at ~12,000' while Fishing above Timberline, my Friend just up and quit Pot for good. So, he's my Soul Buddy come time to work through various Addictions. I'm the permanent DD around here, so even driving Home tonight has become fun!

The packed Sober Bus/Train Posts here got me thinking about taking the Peak Period Trains in Tokyo. I've been on several of these. My 6'2" Boss and I would sometimes wind up at opposite ends of the Train Car, and carry on a conversation unimpeded over a 'Sea' of short, bobbing Heads. ~70% of the Women said they'd been groped on these Trains, so the Railway started 'Women Only' Trains on some Routes. Hey, nobody here look at me that way! I was busy hanging onto the overhead Strap with one Hand, and my Laptop Case with the other!

Video Link

Tokyo Train Stuffing

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Musician.jpg (38.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

How we doing Weekenders?!!

Was back late last night from the fundraiser, and driving home on a Friday night is always a great feeling, the freedom Sobriety creates is amazing, it used to always be in a taxi and then stopping off at the liquor store, this time I picked up a pizza and made my way home to bed!!

Just about to head out to today's 10k walk for charity, I'm taking part but also am volunteering in some of the organising of it, not too sure on the weather though, it's looking a little cloudy!!

Let's keep it Sober Weekenders!!