Notices

Class of February 2013 part 2

Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thank you all!!!

WOW....so much support and encouragement....so I thought I'd tell u guys that I GOT THE JOB!!! WOO HOO!!
Induction tomorrow morning....
Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
thank you all!!!

Wow....so much support and encouragement....so i thought i'd tell u guys that i got the job!!! Woo hoo!!
Induction tomorrow morning....
wootah!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Great news Venuscat, well done.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Venuscat

D
Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Day 11.... Headaches are mostly gone. Replaced my wine and/or evening cocktails with a "mock tail" of lemon juice, lime juice and a dash of cherry pomegranate juice over the rocks. Sounds God Awful....Tastes worse LOL. But it takes me about the same amount of time to finish one as it would a "regular" drink, and trust me ....after two, you don't want another! Now I just need to ramp up some physical activity ( going to purchase a Hybrid bicycle) and re commit to a healthier diet and I should be good to go!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
ub3

Day 14 its my day off the day program a bit overwhelmed with no structure but i should be ok once i get going... had money last night to go score but ive spent it now so there...
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Congrats Venuscat!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Well done venuscat, i wish you all the best in your new job. Think the job i tried for just wasnt meant to be for me and i overreacted to it by pressing that self destruct button, lost my certificates and other stuff, but im sure they can be replaced. Im still down but i stayed sober yesterday and fighting it today. Dont feel confident enough to try and find my stuff today, so il do it tommorrow.

Dealing with life, on lifes own terms sober for me is the key, i feel such a failure compared to my friends and family. I know without alcohol my life could have been so much better, and its the regrets that makes staying sober so hard.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Day 5 here in TomJville ! Just an eventful past day and a half at work. 5 different problems at one time and of course, I'm the only one in the office to find solutions. And yesterday, thank god, I do a service trip, cause today is projected Stormy. Seriously, its a darn good reason to stop the insanity of drinking. A blessing in disguise, while driving yersterday it gives time to reflect. As I'm driving, I find 2 things out. 1.) Not everything along the highways and streets has booze on it, Subway's, gamerooms, sports complexes, stores, etc. And 2.) At times I get spiritually de-hydrated; in other words I forget sometimes to fill my world with God's words and promises. It's been tough, I go through such a range of emotions. I remember doing this thing called drinking moderation - were I would limit my self to only 4 drinks in one sitting. Never worked for me. 12 hours later I'm in a stuper. Hoping everyone has a Sober and Outstanding Day. I'll be praying for you.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ub3 View Post
Day 14 its my day off the day program a bit overwhelmed with no structure but i should be ok once i get going... had money last night to go score but ive spent it now so there...
ub3 - My thinking is you staying Sober is a Score !
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Day One in the books. Day Two starting off well. I went to bed last night with a book and read until I couldn't hold my eyes open. Slept like a rock. So this is what rested feels like? I quite like it! I've already had a good breakfast and my innards are full of vitamins that my body is lacking.

Still pacing myself and easing into the transition. Being ***GUNGHO*** doesn't work for me (ie: overdoing activities and whatnot). I'm keeping it simple with my scheduling. Deep cleaning and purging old clothes. Pulling out clutter to donate or trash. Basic organization. And of course, checking in here.

The rest will come. I know days 3 - ?? will be harder. I also know that it will become more manageable in the coming weeks/months/years. Just got to get past this early stage. But I'm determined.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Congrats to you, Venuscat!!!!! That truly is wonderful news! Very happy for you.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Day 16 here. I just finished my herbal tea...for the record, yes I do miss my coffee but kind of like alcohol, I could never limit it to just one cup and usually ended up drinking 4-6 cups daily. I am one of those "all or nothing" addicts, with my next vice to ditch being cigarettes.

Preciouskitty, Venuscat, Bonniecat, I think we have a theme going here...I used Odelle as my user name because all of the "cat" user names were taken...lol. Odelle was the name of a cat I lost last year. My avatar is a good resemblance to my current kitty but here name, Mimi, was also taken.

One thing I found with my alcohol addiction is that the older I get, the longer it takes for me to bounce back after a bender. In my 20s-30s, one day and I was good to go. In my 40s, three days and I was great. Now at 50, 2 weeks before I felt "good".

Have a save and sober Thursday everyone!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'm starting to get nervous as the weekend approaches. My wife is away so I could drink and nobody would know. However telling everyone here makes me accountable. I think I need that so I don't' go on autopilot and head to the store and start the lies again. I'm sure I will be checking in on Saturday night for support.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Starting Day 8, gladly! Wish I had a bit more energy, but maybe it will come in time.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi Pamela, hang in there, I felt lethargic and fatigued for two weeks. Day 16 today and I feel so much better!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Pamel - my energy may be better but my eyesight is still suffering!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Alright, day one for me, I guess.

It feels ****** to be a cliché.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tick View Post
I'm starting to get nervous as the weekend approaches. My wife is away so I could drink and nobody would know. However telling everyone here makes me accountable. I think I need that so I don't' go on autopilot and head to the store and start the lies again. I'm sure I will be checking in on Saturday night for support.
My wife and kids were gone last weekend and I was only on like day 10 of my sobriety. At first I was cool about it but once I punched the clock on Friday afternoon I got nervous. Took me till about 8 at night before I was relaxed enough to feel confident in myself. The rest of the weekend I just did what I wanted (besides drinking) and I relaxed. Like sat on the couch and relaxed for the first time in a while. What helped me was I thought about all the other weekends when I was alone and how much I squandered them by drinking right after work on Friday, waking up hungover on Saturday and holding off all long as I could till I got all blitz again and waking up even more sick on Sunday and trying to clean up and make it seem like I spent my time productively instead of getting wasted and playing CD's all night. This time around it was all me time instead of me and beer time because when beer was involved he was the one that made the decision on how I was going to spend my free weekend.