Notices

Class of February 2013 part 2

Old 02-27-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 4. Will catch up with you all later. Have a great day.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

oooooooh march is approaching! stay strong everyone & lets keep this group LARGE & HUMMING for many many many days to come

Had a weird couple of days, myself & my 2 yr old daughter have had this annoying cold/flu thing for about 4 days now & its making me feel headachey/moody/restless/achey & generally in a bad mood. my daughter crying at EVERYTHING! & me getting a little impatient with her, but trying to just get on with it & look after both of us...pretty hard going. but we doin OK. NO desire to drink really, but not feeling very happy. Had my first real craving the other night, noticed a pack of Yellow Zig-Zags in my drawer, I always smoked when i drank (have given up both) got a quick overwhemling rush of wanting to go buy booze & smokes. ...resisted & threw the zig zags out.

but then today, i was at my 85 yr old grans for dinner & she suddenly handed me a full glass of red wine, shes very deaf & blind. so i just said "THANKS GRAN" and quietly tipped it out 5 minutes later without her noticing, it would be to much of a drama to try expain things to her. funny thing is, i had no desire to drink?

a sneaky quick peak at a pack of yellow zig zags made me wanna drink.
but being handed an actual glass of wine didnt

go figure@!

Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning ALL! In the total history of SR, one monthly class has to be the sexiest. Why not mine?

Last night was awesome. I met the missus for dinner after work. It was cold and raining and blowing. I had a deep chill when I got to il ristorante. The kind of chill a nice single malt can cure...

Yeah, right. I 've lived that tale before. It ends with me waking up on the couch with my shoes still on, feeling like the neighbor's cat slept in my mouth. No thanks. Instead I woke up in my bed, next to the sweetest smelling skin evah! It's a much better ending than ethanol ever wrote for me.

Day 30. The number '30' isn't a landmark very often, but in sobriety it is. At the local AA meetings they give out red chips for 30 days of sobriety. I've been to many meetings where I promised myself I was going to earn one of those red chips. I have one from 1992 around somewhere,but most of my previous efforts to remain sober have fallen flat on their face. Not this time.

SR brought me knowledge. Knowledge gave me power. And when my own power hasn't been enough, there has been our collective strength to turn to. I haven't been to an AA meeting for a few years, but I think tomorrow I'll go pick up a red chip. For all of us.

Let's do this!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning, day 7! Uncharted territory for me. It's been many years since I've been sober for 7 days straight. Business dinner tonight, good thing I don't drink anymore. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I will join this class if you lot will have me Today is day 1. You're all very inspiring
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello my fellow classmates,

Wow ~ so much to read, can't catch up on this real fast anymore... wish I could add to the joy....so I'll just do the positive first. Day 24! Incredibly happy to be sober, and very grateful for all of you.

But I'm not feeling great, sinus infection and complete exhaustion....years of drinking really took its toll on my body. Money worries are huge, and emotions are flooding.

I told my man yesterday that I'm an alcoholic, and that I am in recovery...he knew I drank a lot, but he had no idea I am an alcoholic. He was completely lovely, and actually thanked me for trusting him! It feels very empowering to have done this. And I am really glad he is happy to NOT drink with me from now on. We both love earl grey tea, that can be our new thing!

Starting my housecleaning gig tomorrow, and I'm a little afraid as I am this exhausted ~ have a lot to do today, but I hope I can manage to get some more sleep tonight.

Wishing you all a wonderful day

Love Venus xx)
Hope you feel better Venus - Here its kind of like getting caught up on what happened throughout the night. With all the reading I mean. And great to hear "your man" is so accepting. This will mean much during your new journey. At the very least you have his support. I find it's pretty liberating to admit alcohol kicked my butt. Before I always took the drink. Today I can turn it all over to my God and trust him.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread:

Join us here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D