Notices

Class of February 2013 part 2

Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
I decided to write a letter to my future self. It was very cathartic and hopefully useful for my future me. I started it in its own thread so I would be able to find it easily when I needed it but also wanted to share this with all of you: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ture-self.html
Awesome Mel!!!

Fantastic idea, and I loved reading it... mind you, I love reading everything you write....you are such an amazing positive force in this group, and I'm sure everyone is as proud of you as I am!!

Thank you for your beautiful letter,

Venus xx
Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Another day done, yay! Starting to not even miss it. This is by far a record for me. I am excited. Disappointed that the old paranoid crap won't leave me alone, but trying hard to fight it. Congrats everyone on being here, whatever day you're on. I am now snuggled in bed with three dogs after an evening working in the kennel with dozens more. They sure are inspiration, too.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning fellow classmates!!!!

Day 23 ~ feeling the physical repercussions of years of drinking....not very well. All sorts of health problems, but I know that I am not alone...just need to accept that it will take my body some time to find "homeostasis" (my counsellor's word). Nevertheless, it kinda sucks to be feeling awful again....

It was time for an avatar change...so yes, this is still me everyone!!!!

Can anyone help me with subscribing to threads; I tried for ages last night, and I'm obviously doing it all wrong....didn't work.

Love to you all...hoping today/tonight is a good one for all of us.

Venus xx
I like the change.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

got my days mixed up...its day 22....
Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Went to a great speaker meeting tonight. Feeling good. Anxious but good
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning all, not a great weekend had a little slip on Saturday but I'm still here and trying. Have a great Monday.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
Went to a great speaker meeting tonight. Feeling good. Anxious but good
Understand the anxious part....I also have a great deal of anxiety fitness, but you sound so focused now, strong and sure of your path...so glad you have kept on fighting for your life!!!

I love speaker meetings too, find them very empowering!!!

love Venus xx
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Wow, Monday mornings sober are so much easier to face. This rocks! I can plan my evening, not wish all day that I won't drink then do. How much time I wasted, mostly unconcious. I drank everyday, but mostly during the week it was only about two hours a night. Before passing out. This is so much better!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Easyrider knows what's up.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sober Peoples!

Sleep is still hit or miss for me. I got about 5 hours last night. Just enough to enjoy my 28th consecutive sober day.

Is it just me or does this February class rock? So much awesome inspiration in this thread.

Let's do this!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day three here for me. Got through the worst of the come down. Feel weak still though and sleeping still a problem.

Went to see kids last night and it was great seeing them, my eldest needed medicine for temperature and it felt good to be there for her.

Put them to bed, and then watched tv waiting for ex-girlfriend to come home from day out with her mum- unfortunately i was right with my previous message. Her mum came home first blind drunk 2 hours later than arranged, verbally abusive, (she has had a drink problem all her life but doesnt admit to it). Luckily the kids were fast asleep and i didnt retaliate so it was just her slurring away, she was followed by ex who was also blind drunk and abusive. I told them both calmly that i am trying to get sober and basically dont want to get into an argument.

It was a horrible thing to endure and a bit of a reminder in a way that i was not the only side to blame for the break-up. Even if her drinking was mainly once a week, i cant ever remember her coming home not blind drunk. Can gain strength from that.

After the mother left, i realised that it wasnt wise to leave ex drunk with kids, so slept the night there freezing on the sofa. She was fine in the morning and i dont think she remembers the abuse, i didnt mention it, kissed the kids goodbye and have now come home still sober. Glad i can message here and get it out rather than get angry and drink.

Good luck and best wishes everyone.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Last day of drinking alcohol was early morning February 20th, 2013. I'm thirty - one years old and I'm done with it.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ;3834541
Hi everyone, day three here for me. Got through the worst of the come down. Feel weak still though and sleeping still a problem.

Went to see kids last night and it was great seeing them, my eldest needed medicine for temperature and it felt good to be there for her.

Put them to bed, and then watched tv waiting for ex-girlfriend to come home from day out with her mum- unfortunately i was right with my previous message. Her mum came home first blind drunk 2 hours later than arranged, verbally abusive, (she has had a drink problem all her life but doesnt admit to it). Luckily the kids were fast asleep and i didnt retaliate so it was just her slurring away, she was followed by ex who was also blind drunk and abusive. I told them both calmly that i am trying to get sober and basically dont want to get into an argument.

It was a horrible thing to endure and a bit of a reminder in a way that i was not the only side to blame for the break-up. Even if her drinking was mainly once a week, i cant ever remember her coming home not blind drunk. Can gain strength from that.

After the mother left, i realised that it wasnt wise to leave ex drunk with kids, so slept the night there freezing on the sofa. She was fine in the morning and i dont think she remembers the abuse, i didnt mention it, kissed the kids goodbye and have now come home still sober. Glad i can message here and get it out rather than get angry and drink.

Oh 1stepup,

I think you are amazing...what a kind caring loving thing to do for your kids...keeping them safe....freezing on the sofa....and how incredibly well you handled the ex mother in law, and the ex....you had the ability to stay calm, you handled it so beautifully, and you did NOT let it affect your sobriety.

Wow....

love Venus xx (sorry if i got that a bit wrong about her being your ex mother in law)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossFox View Post
Last day of drinking alcohol was early morning February 20th, 2013. I'm thirty - one years old and I'm done with it.
so glad you're here with us fox!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks for your message Venuscat it certainly has made me feel better about myself than a drink would have done!

Welcome Crossfox and similar age to you, on day three.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Welcome Crossfox and similar age to you, on day three.

Oh. I see.

A challenger appears.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol.

D
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post

Well Done!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

10 days clean from alcohol and meds - had ups and downs but still here to tell the tale! Thanks for the support guys and yes this February class does rock! I can't even begin to tell you how your support has gotten me this far. Things are looking more positive every day and the panic of a future without wine is starting to get less. I've tried to stop thinking so far ahead - it overwhelms me....baby steps and just each day as it comes, I'm sure there are still rough times ahead but as I get stronger I hope to be able to deal with those challenges as they come...have a good Monday all...if you fall down keep getting back up - none of us will judge we are all on the same bus
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

love this....