Notices

Class of February 2013 part 2

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
I am having eyesight issues as well, + the fatigue;
I had sight issues for over a week, like I couldn't t see straight or needed glasses. But the blur is fading. It is amazing that when you give the body the chance, it can undo so much of the damage that has been caused to it.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
What's AVRT???
I see you replied to D. Iv'e been reading some on the AVRT. I certainly know I have an Addictive Voice. Or alias, "The Beast" (LOL) Check it out Pamel, let me know what you think. The only time we can drink is right now and the only time you can quit for good is right now. I will never drink or use again becomes "I never drink now" We can do this Pamel!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good night all 10.20pm here and time to turn in. Catch you all tomorrow. Stay safe and sober.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Day seven.... I want to join this class and its going to be my last!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back SMFS - and congratulations on your week

D
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Welcome SFMS...I like your new start.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Thanks! And hi Jimuk!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

End of day 4 woohoo. Sober weekend coming up. Looking forward to not being drunk and miserable. Night all. Stay sober :0)
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I have a new name now...no more wino1234..... day two still..tired but not hungover...I def feel the singer cravings lol
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Day 4 here. Very busy with work and stuff so struggled to have time to check in. Now having a well earned rest in front of the tv with a cuppa. Hope you are all well
Have you had your cuppa yet today Grindilow?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fitness1234 View Post
I have a new name now...no more wino1234..... day two still..tired but not hungover...I def feel the singer cravings lol
Love it. I wish I had some fitness going on with me. hahaha
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like the new name way better Fitness

D
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

So after my stressful morning (fight with husband) he called and wants to go to dinner and talk to make everything better. I know I have got to I deal with my problems but I am just really tired tonight (as always).

Is what normally happens when we do this, is we go eat and talk, but just about superficial stuff. No plan, no goals.

We need to make a plan together as to what we need to do with our adult children living at home; talk about him being a workaholic (80rs a week); and him not showing affection to our children/grandchildren. And I'm sure he would bring up issues about me sleeping so much.

I think part of it is that I have so many things I want to work on that I don't know where to start. THat darn "all or nothing" thinking.

Obviously there is more to the story but I am hoping to get some advice here.

Thanks Friends!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Day seven.... I want to join this class and its going to be my last!!!
Glad your here. I look forward to hearing from you everyday
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Great new name fitness 1234
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Booniecat View Post
Preciouskitty - My guilt about the kids comes from knowing i have set a horrible example for the past ten years. I am hoping getting my life under control will help them also. They are good men, have responsible jobs and both make very good money but I know if they continue on the path they are on they will end up with alcohol being a central part of their lives, robbing them of everything else of value.
So BoonieCat Have you admitted that you are an alcoholic to your sons or just to yourself?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Day 12 here. Finally got my creative spark back. Last time I got sober for two months I opened an online handmade accessories business but neglected it when I relapsed and during the first 11 days but finally last night I made some new earrings last night and feel really happy about it.
Congrats on Day 12! And Woo Woo on the creative spark! Enjoy it. Let it flow and ride the talent wave. ;-)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Ditto on the organization, I've been making bi-weekly trips to the dollar store to buy more organizational bins, writing out to do lists and deep cleaning my house one room at a time.

Day 12 here. Finally got my creative spark back. Last time I got sober for two months I opened an online handmade accessories business but neglected it when I relapsed and during the first 11 days but finally last night I made some new earrings last night and feel really happy about it.

And last but not least!!!!! Venus! Yay! So excited for you- hope the first day goes well, keep us updated
Proud of u sparky :bounce
Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Alright so those who are nervous about having a sober weekend, I'll see you all in chat, yes? I know many of us are in different time zones, but still go if you need to. I'm certain I'll pop in because I'm nervous too. Is it weird to be comfortably nervous? Reading about AV in this post really put it in perspective for me. Gave me something to think about and left me feeling comfortably nervous. I'll get through this weekend because those urges and cravings aren't me. I dig that perspective and I think it will help me get past those moments. I'm hopeful.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TypicalPisces View Post
Alright so those who are nervous about having a sober weekend, I'll see you all in chat, yes? I know many of us are in different time zones, but still go if you need to. I'm certain I'll pop in because I'm nervous too. Is it weird to be comfortably nervous? Reading about AV in this post really put it in perspective for me. Gave me something to think about and left me feeling comfortably nervous. I'll get through this weekend because those urges and cravings aren't me. I dig that perspective and I think it will help me get past those moments. I'm hopeful.
I'll be there TP. Will be watching for ya.