View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
0percentABV

Originally Posted by Tick View Post
I'm starting to get nervous as the weekend approaches. My wife is away so I could drink and nobody would know. However telling everyone here makes me accountable. I think I need that so I don't' go on autopilot and head to the store and start the lies again. I'm sure I will be checking in on Saturday night for support.
My wife and kids were gone last weekend and I was only on like day 10 of my sobriety. At first I was cool about it but once I punched the clock on Friday afternoon I got nervous. Took me till about 8 at night before I was relaxed enough to feel confident in myself. The rest of the weekend I just did what I wanted (besides drinking) and I relaxed. Like sat on the couch and relaxed for the first time in a while. What helped me was I thought about all the other weekends when I was alone and how much I squandered them by drinking right after work on Friday, waking up hungover on Saturday and holding off all long as I could till I got all blitz again and waking up even more sick on Sunday and trying to clean up and make it seem like I spent my time productively instead of getting wasted and playing CD's all night. This time around it was all me time instead of me and beer time because when beer was involved he was the one that made the decision on how I was going to spend my free weekend.