Notices

Class of December 09

Old 01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

"Life without all the buffers is the ultimate trip ain't it?"
YES IT IS!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

What I did for my recovery today was go to an AA meeting. And not drink 19 days done now, and counting!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stealthealer View Post
Day #30...isn't this supposed to be AA chip day or something? Gold coin? Button with a booze bottle and the standard red-circle-slash over it?

I'd really like to have a stack of red chips; come to think of it, green, black, and yellow chips....on green felt. But that's an issue for another time.

Cheers to all you month-ers!
there ya go!
http://www.bittersweetsny.com/cart/images/30daysLA.gif

good day today for me, except im all sick with a head cold...sneeezy headches blah blah!! dvds. internet & bed for me!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Feel better, ND.

I want some chips, too. I went to a beginner's meeting last week and no chips were given. This week I'm going to a different meeting and I'm going to demand my first, second and third weeks! I will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and I want to say :day1 to me!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Heh, Laura. Here, they only give 30 day chips... some people at the meeting made me a 21-day chip (with a felt tip pen). I reckon I'd get one tomorrow night, if I survive all these thoughts...

Except the Wednesday meeting doesn't give out chips. So maybe on my 60 days or 90 or whenever is the next chip. They can't all fall on a Wednesday, can they?

I won't even take the newcomers chip... don't want further reminders of all the times I've been in that category (have about 10 of them from over the fall).

Take care y'all, keep it up.
TB
Old 01-20-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Day 24 ya'll! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

It's so inspiring to see everyone staying strong!

Day 45 here. I can see why people relapse around now. There is real work involved in developing healthy coping skills. There is even more work in actually solving problems and even more in training your mind to accept and ultimately enjoy how things are.

I won't drink now because I can see that I'm a better parent already.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I think this is day #32 but I'm losing track...perhaps the next phase, eh?

So busy planning for he Haiti trip....doing a fundraiser and collecting supplies....kids' activities to boot...alcohol is as distant as it's been in YEARS. Luckily the insomnia is gone, sleeping 6-7 hours straight....ran 7 miles this am....

Everyone have a great, clear day.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Why thank you Stealth--I did.

Finally found something to do--or rather, as was bound to happen, my lonely bored days ran into school. Starting to get everything ready for school... Now I'm all efficient at everything, read the big book, cooked dinner, cleaned the floor (it's sort of wet here these days) and... still haven't washed dishes.

Haven't been this busy since I was drinking... this is a good feeling to associate with sobriety--actually getting stuff done.

Take care,
TB
Old 01-20-2010, 11:05 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

hi all, all is good in nouble land

just had a nice trip to visit family in another NZ town...was all very civilized good catch ups.back home now & heading into town tonight to attend a drum n bass gig. 51 days sober and im gonna try and enjoy myself in a bar without the liqour...fingers crossed!!! my sobriety is 100% safe, its just having a good time that will be the challenge.

but i think im ready
am charging my sober batteries by being on here hehe

will report back soon
Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Checking in...seems like things in the forums, this thread in particular, are rather routine lately...but that just means that a sober day is now the norm, the standard.

I can just feel the last of the fat globules in the hepatocytes dissolving....pretty cool.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It IS great when a sober day is normal, isn't it? And it feels good to feel that good again too.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

just wanted to say hello and say how great it is to see so many still in our group.......day 25 has come to an end and i feel better with each passing day.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Day 22 here. Hanging in pretty well. Evenings right after work I still have a want, but it goes away if I just ignore it. I might actually be getting used to this!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

22, 25... shoot. We're doing it, y'all.

It is *so* nice when sober becomes normal. And normal things happen while being sober. And it's... normal.

Yeah, I'm gonna go lay down now.

Take care y'all,
TB
Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Day 34. I think starting tomarrow I'll graduate to counting weeks.

Icy here- school cancelled.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

*bump*
Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Day 27! How's everyone doing this weekend? I'm trying to keep busy. The weekends are much harder than the weeks. I don;t want to use, nor do i really think about it, things just get a little weird in my head on weekends sometimes. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

ha, i didnt even end up gong to that gig...

went for a walk with a mate around the local harbour and the evening sunset was so nice reflecting on the water i got trigger happy with my camera & ended up not feeling at all like hitting the gig/bar.

worked for me

had my own flatwarming last night, was soooo strange not drinking. going to bed at the end of the night sober & level headed is a new experience,for me anywayz. friends were drinking but it dindt bother me in the slightest, natural i didnt have BLAST but it was just a nice time. i did feel like the party might be a bit lame cos it wasnt a ****, but thats just stuuuppid talk.

im working it its a great day today cos i dont have a hangover & and have energy motivation to do anything i want.

hope you all staying string, and dont let the naughty alcoholic voice inside your head talk you into slipping back to the hell that is alcohol addiction

Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I"m pretty good; staying busy and finding that I can take pleasure in things again, which is great. Cooking a meal and taking care of laundry don't seem like dreaded chores anymore, just the pattern of life.

Last night was tough the urges were strong, but today seems a little better. Hope everyone else is hanging in there, too!