Notices

The 4 week positivity challenge-Join if you wish

Old 09-24-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I finally feel like I am in control of my life for the first time..........ever!!!
And although I have wasted so many years just getting by and "exsisting"....I am here now, today, LIVING.

Much work to do still---but I am on my way
Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Spectacular day!! My appetite is coming back. My friend Rosie has pulled strings to get me assessed and a place in the center. Tuesday! She said, "We're going to get you back." I think she means to work, too.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 4 –*Running a marathon in 10 days, and had a good 6-mile training run this morning. Days are getting shorter here in Northern Hemisphere. Ran first few miles pretty much in the dark! Glad my focus has been on training this summer and not less healthy diversions.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

today I am grateful that the week is almost over with!! It's just been a long stressful week and the weekend is almost here. Woohoo!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Resident

Physical training really helped me get sober by replacing a very unhealthy habit with a very healthy one. I am still planning on continuing and hitting the gym 5 days a week. A marathon is awesome Freeport but it is a little beyond my scope. Good luck in it.
Good to see you in the exercise mode Sandy.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Day 6:

I'm very calm today and for that I am grateful. I have the day off and I'm relaxing and cooking a tasty meal. Yea for the simple things.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for being clearheaded today...and for this fresh sockeye salmon sandwich I am eating at the moment ...A great sober day to everyone!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I was carded for [smokes ] at the Walgreen's, by a teenage clerk.

I'm 38.

My skin looks better, my eyes shine brighter, and I have a new haircut!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Finally tackled going through tons of paperwork - old bills, etc. that piled up the past few years. None of it was important, but I just held on to it, not wanting to use the brainpower to sort through it. All the fuzzy/foggy thinking is gradually going away.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have made the necessary moves to get my life going in the direction I want.
I am not doubting my decision and I am very very excited.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

positive thing about me: hmmmm....I love my XH, my next H and am able to talk freely with both of them, they know me best...So, I really care about those I love and have commited to and I forgive easily as it's too troublesome to carry hard feelings and against my beliefs. And grateful for unlimited long distance.

And, thanks, Ann...LOL...I actually have a record where I timed myself doing household chores (I don't like any of them! LOL) and it does indeed take far less time to do them than it takes to worry about and admonish ourselves about them...so I just ran in and made the bed....this is 3 minutes max, depending how picky you are! ...now racing to get towels out of dryer and folded!

hugs, (hope, unity, gratitude, serenity)
live
wk 1, day 1

thanks fubarcdn
Old 09-25-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 1 Day 7
Having just completed my fitness challenge I am probably in the best shape of my life.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I get to spend the weekend with my sweetie and the kids. His son has a home game, high school football. I never can follow the play down on the field, but I can route for the kiddo. They know I'm an alki, and they love me anyway. Ain't life grand!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 5 – Jogged in place a swimming pool for 60 minutes this morning. Low impact. Still the first person in the office this morning, and I'll no doubt be the last to leave. Not likely if I weren't sober. 137 days! Also trying to sell our house, so we can upgrade. Went on market yesterday and had a showing on first night!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I woke up with a smile and a twinkle in my steps, talked to my Mom and only chuckled when she scolded me about my weight, she is aging so I never quite know what she will say, and I love her more now than ever. I have got a head start on the household chores and am still smiling. I realized from another thread I participate in that the past can be considered as 24 hours ago..that is past, no getting down on myself, just something to help me navigate and steer by and correct my bearings.
thanks all....wonderful thread!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I am finding inner strength I never knew was there, even though I always acted tough on the outside. I'm still scared but I truly feel I can get thru this down part of my life, never to return again.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Day 7:

The old me called off from work when I was afraid to show up. The old me avoided people and confrontations. My new thing is forcing myself to show up when I don't want to and confronting people when I must.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hid my head in the sand too, Bam. It's interesting to compare our alkie selves with the real us. I have a bunch of nonsense going on in my life right now, but I'm so much better able to face it and deal with it sober instead of running for "mother's little helper". To think I saw it as a buffer. It only made things much more complicated.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
mergirl

I am a brave woman! I put my big girl pants on and went to an AA meeting to check it out tonight, and Wednesday I told my boss what an asset I was to the company, and why I deserved my promotion=)

The old me would have never done that!
Old 09-26-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Resident

It is good to hear you sounding more empowered day by day Gypsy and I enjoy hearing everyone reminding themselves what is good about them and how they have progressed during their time here at SR.
Week 2 Day 1
I hate cleaning but I did it yesterday and now I only have 47 more cleaning days until my wife retires from working and I retire from cleaning.
I put on some old style rock and roll while I was cleaning yesterday and it made it almost tollerable.
47 more cleams. I can do this.