Notices

The 4 week positivity challenge-Join if you wish

Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You made me cry, Fubar - but it's good to have feelings. I didn't let myself have them for so long.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 2 Day 7
I can qalk to my gym without having to go outside through an underground tunnel. This is especially good when it is raining or snowing.
I used to think it was great that I could go to 4 different bars without having to put on a coat and go outside but that is of no importance to me anymore.
The times they are a changin.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 5 of pure sobriety - feeling great!

The weather was ideal yesterday and it looks to be close to it again today. May just have to go for another long walk!

Positive thought of the day:
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough."
-Mark Twain
Old 10-02-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 12 – Great weightlifting workout this morning. Last physical exertion before 26.2-miler on Sunday!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Finally, not feeling resentment because of "TGIF". For a long time I felt so much anger because I couldn't play with the rest of the kids.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I screwed up. Wrote and mailed a letter in haste while angry. (Yup)

'Twas a time when I would defend myself till the bitter end- make more of a problem for myself and others.

This time, I wrote a heartfelt apology and have been able to move on even though I have not and may not get a reply.

That is growth.

The best part? I am somehow able to look at this as a positive lesson in my life. I am chalking it up, forgiving myself and sleeping soundly tonight.

Liberty~
Old 10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I had my assessment today. I'd been looking forward to/dreading it for a week or so now. My counselor is a recovering alcoholic, 15 years sober. I was relieved. I think it takes one to understand the insanity of it. He is wonderful. I'm set up for group twice a week and individual once a week. He gave me a pamphlet for local AA and we talked about my concern that my spiritual/religious bent may not fit well. He seems to think it will be fine. He's got a little zen/tao in him, too.

Happy day, all!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 3 Day 1
It is hard to not let negative thoughts creep into my thinking. I think that this is probably true for the average person also so this exercise may be of benefit to anyone.
I met an old drinking buddy just after I quit drinking who also quit abput three years ago. As a matter of fact he will be three years next week.
Neither one of us works a formal program so it is very positive that we have each other for moral support. I feel lucky to have reestablish a friendship with him and thankful for his support.
Non drinking friendship bonds seem to be stronger than ones I had with my old bar buddies.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had a hard time being positive today, but when I came here this morning I saw a few posts I wanted to respond to. It was then I remembered that when I first arrived at SR I was a trembling, miserable wreck with no hope in sight. Back then I read everything, looking for hope and reassurance - and I found more than I could've ever dreamed. Now I'm able to come here and give back a bit, with PM's & posts - and I can't believe how much it has meant to me, & to my recovery.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

What a nice day. Raining here, and in the desert, we love that! Just a quiet sober Saturday.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 3 Day 2
If I could go back and live my life over there is actually very little that I would do differently.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
6/20/08

More lurking than posting lately, but I do enjoy this thread!

Your week 2 day six post about anger sure hit a note with me. I was angry about something all the time. That anger is gone.....yeah, I still get angry, but I deal with it, and Move On.....as it should be.

It is just as easy to see the positive, if you look for it. Thanks for this thread. I love it!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

This is a great thread.
Today I got up and made a bit of food, drew some pictures and washed some clothes in the machine...also slept a lot but its early days and little steps are needed! x
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I appreciate the thread, too.

Fubar - there's really very little you'd change?! That is the positive attitude I am striving for. I hung my head in shame for so long, but as Sandy said - going through the bad stuff is what makes us who we are - and I think we're great! I'm still a work in progress, & I'm proud to be.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Spent the day with my fella, helping me get organized. He's introduced me to the Franklin Covey planner. I think keeping a calendar will help the stress/anxiety level. And we made some tentative plans to take weekend trips to some of the national parks here in the southwest. Just an all-around nice day.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Resident

Going to see thae parks on a regular basis is a great plan Mariechi. I still need to work on finding new activities but I am basically lazy.
Week 3 Day 3
An old friend I have not seen for about 29 years is coming to town this week and I am hoping to get together with him for dinner or something.
He was messed up bad but has gotten his life together and quit drugs. He may have a beer but I will stick to my non alcoholic beer.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I missed my weekend posts but so it goes.

Speaking of the weekend, I made it through it. Friday night was surprisingly easy, but Saturday was tough. Sunday was easier than Saturday.

Anyways, 7 days sober here (on my 8th). My liver has really appreciated the retirement.

Positive thought of the day: "Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."
Old 10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day 15 – Completed a marathon yesterday and feeling pretty good today. Not too stiff. Finished in top half of my age-group, 80 percent of whom were younger than me. Overall pleased with my result, but see room for improvement. A good challenging couple of days, but I'm better for it. 147 days of sobriety.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Resident

Conjgratulations on the marathon Freeport and congrats to you Donne on your sober time as the first few weeks are the toughest. It gets a lot easier as time goes by.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I'm trying to incorporate more positivity going in my daily life. Part of the way I do it....I take 3 deep breaths....and just slow myself down. I think I learned the breathing part at SR....there is a book with the technique, I believe.

Anyway, it does help to just slow down and put things in perspective....there is very little out there that doesn't deserve a positive spin.