Notices

The 4 week positivity challenge-Join if you wish

Old 10-06-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I allowed negativity to overtake me yesterday. Late in the evening I thought of this thread & how good I've been feeling lately. Sometimes the bad thoughts come to us out of nowhere. I feel entirely different today & nothing has really changed except my attitude. I refuse to be pulled down into despair or to let the old sadness creep back into my life.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Resident

Good going Hevyn.
That was the reason I started this.
So that when we get pulled in to those negative moods we can consciously think about it and pull ourselves out. Now when these thoughts enter I am fighting them off because that is the main thrust of this challenge and after the 2 weeks I am hoping that it becomes a HABIT and automatic.
Week 3 Day 4
I am happy that there are people on this site that I have shared with and have advised me and helped me become a better person.
The not drinking part has been easy but a lot of you here have helped me become nicer and more compassionate and for that I am thankful.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I may have picked up a new client. We'll see! I might get my big one back. Again, we'll see. I'm feeling stronger and more confident, which sounds strange when I say I'm also learning to let go. I'm so grateful I found SR and all of youse guys.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

....Fubar - nice thread going on here!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 3 Say 5
When I quit drinking I realized that I had to become more tollerant and I have been working on this. Although I am no where near being where I want to be sometimes I am able to go almost a whole day without wanting to punch somebody in the head. So far so good today but it is only 7 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Day 17 – Watched a magnificent baseball game last night and never even had the urge to drink. Thankful for the win and another day of sobriety.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I have been out of town...did a lot of really fun things..but did let the gripeys get to me a couple of times.
Today is a new day and I am glad to be back in touch with my friends who help me keep focused. I didn't realize how much I missed SR until I got back online last night!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Went to my first AA meeting. Wow. It was strange and wonderful. Almost everybody's sharing was welcoming me (sheeesh, blush). They really were terrific and made me feel very comfortable and welcome. I have my 24-hr chip, a miniature BB, several pamphlets and eight names of women, all of whom said I could call 24/7. I'm a bit overwhelmed. My group has a newcomers meeting tomorrow. I'll be there.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sometimes our recovery is so gradual we forget the way we used to be. Today some annoying things happened, & I realized the drinking me would've overreacted & thrown a fit. I couldn't believe how I calmly went about fixing the problems without resentment or attitude. I don't want to forget the old me in a way - she's a constant reminder of why I can never pick up again.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You hit it, Hevyn....if we forget where we came from...we could quite possibly end up back there. I do NOT want that to happen. So, remembering it.....and continuing to learn from it (even if it embarrasses me) is good for my sobriety.

I have a story....was making dinner and have a recipe that calls for a half cup of beer. I use NA beer...doesn't bother me a bit. Tonight when I made it, I actually smelled it before I poured it in. Then, I took a sip! Commented to myself that it tasted like crap....and then I started laughing! Only an alcoholic would have a talk with herself about a drink of beer...that has no alcohol in it!
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 3 Day 6
I actually like non alcoholic beer and sometimes go to the bar and drink it with my other non drinking friend. We get strange looks and some times some goof will even make a comment but it does not bother me.
In the past I probably would have been the one commenting but now I am glad that I no longer think that drinking makes you cool.
I do not think that it makes you uncool either.
It id just something that someone does or does not do and has nothing to do with anything else. It has lost its mystique for me which has set me free from it.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Nice round number: 150 days of sobriety. Coming up on five months this weekend. There's something to be positive about!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good day! I slept great and I always love that feeling and am grateful for it! I am reading a book along the same lines of this thread about cultivating positive/constructive mental states. I spent yesterday actively relaxing which relieved my spinal misalignment and headache...from a happy accident of carrying too heavy luggage wrongly. No headache today! YAY!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Posting early today, even before seeing if more good will be today.

I may be called for work next week. No guarantees, but... there's hope.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

For some reason this thread has me thinking back to the person I used to be. As the weekend approached - when I was first sober - I'd be filled with resentment & even bitter. Why couldn't I go out & have drinks like everyone else on the planet? What good was a weekend if I couldn't celebrate & get numb? I'd think - there's nothing to look forward to anymore! I'm so thankful to not be a slave to that twisted thinking any longer. Those are my thoughts as Friday approaches.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

..i'm so glad i finally opened this thread..
..OzSandy..is a friend and isn't she a sweetie...love Oz..

..all's good with me...positive with a plus...
Old 10-09-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Day 19 – Per earlier post, I ran marathon last Sunday. My body has bounced back way better for this one than it did when I ran my first marathon in 1996. I'm not sore at all. Could that have anything to do with no poison in my system? I'd like to think so! Sounds like a reason to be positive to me...
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 3 Day 7
I seen my oldest friend yesterday (since we were 2 and 3) for the first time in 15 years.
He has a very rare and incurable disease that he can die from at any time and he was telling me how important it is to keep positive and live each day like it may be your last.
Nobody that has had this has lived past 60 and we are in our mid fifties now.
I am glad that despite the abuse that I put my body through with drinking and doping that I am in good health.

Seeing how positive he remains with the adversity and pain he is facing will help me remain positive as i endure any minor difficulties I may face.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so sorry about your friend, Fubar. Any time I slip back into feeling sorry for myself, I try to think of those who have daily struggles we can't even imagine. I have nothing to really complain about - never did. I'm ashamed I allowed myself to fall back on alcohol every time I needed to deal with life's little problems. It won't happen again.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
mergirl

Me too Fub, big e-hug.

I have a "date" tonight=)

Oh, and I am in LOVE with hevyns dogs!!