Notices

Class of May

Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Oh...by the way...
I just had a banana and some rice with veggies along with some green tea...Yummy!!!
So I'm good to go...temptation is gone
XOXO
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

ADAAT, are you saying you are planning to drink some time in the future? I don't really understand why you are keeping the beers if you are quitting, if your not quitting for good, what do you think will be different in the future when you do decide to drink again? Just curious

If I had alcohol in the house, well I wouldn't, I would have drank it by now lol

Hey Allport glad to here you are feeling good after your tough weekend, whats the weather like up north? It's been raining here (south east)
all day!

I am having quite a good day today, I think it's day 7, I decided to try and sort the house out since I have let it go a bit, theres alot of work but I figure if I do a little at a time it will all add up till it's finished. First job is to throw away the unblievable amount of clutter I have accumilated, I have done 1/2 a room so far, that will do for one day! I have also decided to try and improve my diet somewhat, I gave up smoking over 5 weeks ago and have put on over a stone in weight so I went shopping and bought lots of fruit and salad instead of crisps and chocolate, well ok, there might be a small emergency bar of chocolate in the cupboard, but mainly it was fruit and salad lol.

Hope everyone is doing ok, hope everyone checks in who hasn't done recently.

Sax
Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Sax,

I don't know how to explain it....I guess that it seems a little part of me is really not ready to commit. The way I see it, anything is better than what I was doing...drinking every few days.
I didn't go into this promising myself anything...I just know that I wanted to slow it down. Take it a day at a time, like I said before...I just might keep going without ever touching another beer. I'm not planning on drinking anytime soon...I'm also not saying that's it either. Kind of interesting what the outcome might bring...I just might like the total sobriety thing (forever).
Who know's...LOL!
Can you tell that I'm a very complex kind of girl

I know it doesn't make any sense to anyone...do you think maybe I shouldn't be posting this in SR, I don't want anyone to get upset with me.
I'm sorry if I'm confusing those that are reading this.
I get the feeling that I might not be in the right place...I'm sorry if I'm not.

I hope no one is mad at me
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

By the way...congrats on day 7 and giving up the smoking...that is awesome!!!!
Your doing great!!!

I'm still smoking and I don't plan on quitting just yet...lol.
XOXO
Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I think it is fine you are posting here, no hard and fast rules as far as I know or I would have been kicked out years ago

I am sure you will work out what you want eventually, I never wanted to quit forever, but it's a case of having to really, for me anyway. I can't control it no matter how hard I have tried, and I have tried believe me lol
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, the weather up here is weird Saxony, very sunny but freezing cold, who understands the British weather.

ODAAT I wouldn't presume to tell anyone whether they should be here (be careful though others can be quite quick to judge).

I do however think that no matter what your long term plans are you should get rid of the beer, if one day you decide you want more the stores are full of it, by having it in the basement you are not giving yourself the chance to see what you can really do.

I don't think about forever but I am not going to make it easier for myself to drink on impulse either, if I ever decide to do it I want to know that I have given myself the hardest barriers I can. X
Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh thank you Sax...You made me feel much better.

I just don't want anyone to be upset with me because of what I said.
Maybe I just had a craving at the time...it's gone now, I made it through.
Well, tomorrow will be day 11...you never know...I just might keep moving right along.
Wouldn't that be something to see
Here I have no "real" plans...just taking it a day at a time...so you never know where it will lead me.
Thanks again for responding...at first I was thinking "Oh no, I said the wrong thing...they probably don't want me around anymore". Then there was a little sadness that came over me.

By the way...I just had a bowl of cereal too...I'm such a piggy (oink, oink)...LOL!!
Hugs to you,
XOXO
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Port,

We have a lot of crazy weather here in ohio too...
One day it's hot, the next it's chilly, rainy back to hot...lol.

Thank you for your words of encouragment and for not judging me.
You are right about the beer in the basement and maybe I should get rid of it...maybe someday I will

I am really pleased with myself so far...I know it's not many days, but I can't believe I made it to day 10 and most of the days were a piece of cake.
The other night, when hubby and I were at the store, there was some guy buying a 12 pack and I told my hubby that I'm so happy that I'm not drinking right now.
Sometimes when I think about having some beer, I remind myself of how I'm going to feel in the morning...then I think that's enough to turn me off to the idea all together.

We already know food is always a good way for me to say no to beer...so if I just keep eating, I think I will be ok

Thank you for talking with me...it shows you care and your probably thinking "What is this girl doing?" Leave it to me to stir up confusion.

Now I think that I will "finally" work on those cards.

Hey, have a great evening...I'm sure that I will be talking to you in a little while
Hugs my friend,
XOXO

P.S. I'm also proud of you for working on your days of sobriety...such a big accomplishment, you deserve a pat on the back. Keep it up, you sound like you have a real plan. A lot better than mine...LOL!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I agree with Allport actually ADAAT, I think you should bin the beers. At the moment you say you don't want to drink anytime soon, but you can guarantee that one day you will really want a beer and they will be right there and you will drink one without thinking it through. If you actually had to go out and buy some it would give you more time to work out if that is what you really wanted. You know a little breathing space to think it through rather than an impulsive decision you might regret later?

Just my thoughts

Sax
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thank you Sax,
I know...I agree with you both.
I probably should get rid of them...maybe I will, who know's...lol.

Thanks for the advice,
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

I have forgotten how funny YOU people are!

Great day in Tahoe today..... It's soooo nice to join the land of the living - ya know? I decided I will not be counting my dayz for a bit or 4ever..... I don't know. I will be here and check in w/ all ya all and strive 4 sobriety "one day at a time"......! I get my head too poluted when I'm filling it w/ dayz, hrs, minutes. We're all different, huh?! That's what I love about people..... I appreciate our differences & our similarities.

So my humorous bunch of alkie and addict friends..... Congrats on being here, posting, openning yourself up to me and others..... Together we've got a shot at this.... I personally don't think I could do it w/out you and others like me!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Nicki,
Personally I love humor....
I have noticed that humor can make a lot of unpleasant situations bareable...there have been times that I would cry about something, then a few minutes later...I'm laughing about it.
Sometimes I just think I'm chemically imbalanced...so maybe it's just me

Your right about being able to help each other out...it helps me out a great deal to just at least check in once a day and read the posts of my friends. You guys are in my thoughts every day, it's almost like I carry you with me and wonder how your doing.

I love this place and the people in it.
Thanks for being here and helping me, I hope one day I will be able to do the same for you or someone else.

Hugs,
XOXO
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Another morning without a hangover. Work stress is killing me at the moment - sometimes I feel like just chucking the job in. Responsibilities keep me doing it. I should be grateful to have a job but don't feel that way. Next Tuesday I'm flying to California for work - i hope to drop in on a few AA meetings, should be an interesting experience. SR is an important part of my recovery. I like that word "recovery", it's a positive word with lots of light radiating from it. I'm in recovery truly. I don't want to relapse again, as even controlled drinking leaves me at the edge of the abyss of despair.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Day 6 today, I am getting confused with my days again I do wonder sometimes if my brain is broken

I had a really good positive day yesterday and this morning has started out on a good note.

However I am trying to keep myself aware that temptation will be at my door sometime soon, you see I have been here before, a few weeks of sureness and contentment then bam back to square one.

I don't want to dwell on what might happen in the future or not enjoy this period of happiness but I do believe I need to be more aware of my moods and be able to identify the times when I need to be vigilant.

So I'm sorry but I might be rambling on here a lot trying to find some clarity of thought, hopefully this won't last long and I will be able to lighten up but until then I am using you all as my sounding board.

I hope everyone else is doing well. x
Old 05-14-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Southern, Central or Northern California????? I'm in Lake Tahoe & would love to hook up if it's feasible!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi guys + gals. I haven't been spending much time online lately, still going strong though.
Ally, I'm glad you joined us! Nicki + Sax
ADAAT, do whatever feels right for you - I used to balk at astinence, but now I enjoy it.
California? Yay, lucky you, Dec.

:ghug Take care, everyone.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Southern, Central or Northern California????? I'm in Lake Tahoe & would love to hook up if it's feasible!!!!

Southern Calif, near santa monica mtns - I think it is some way from where you are.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Yeah.... you'll be about 9 hrs from me!

I grew up down there and know the weather will be great & you'll have fun in the sun!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Checking in with my May buddies,

I've been very busy today...had to get my tool belt on and take care of a few fixer upper's around the house...Arrrrr, Arrrrr, Arrrr!
My biggest project was fixing the toilet, it had a minor leak, so Hubby and I went to Lowe's and purchased a complete replacement kit for the tank...now I'm just keeping an eye on it for leaks. I keep going in there and making a few adjustments to the bolts...I think it will take a while for the seals to seat themselves in place.
This was the first time that I have ever assembled a toilet to this extreme...I'm only used to replacing the flapper every now and then...lol.
Wish me luck that I don't end up with a flood.
OK, enough about the toilet...

Well, I'm on day 11 and feeling simply wonderful...I'm still maintaining my good girl status

I hope everyone is doing OK! Your in my thoughts and heart.

Well, I'm off to see what else I can get myself into...what I really need to do is reorganize my basement, but that is a project that will take me a few days or maybe longer. Because when I get into organizing things, I like to have it "just right".

I guess that I will talk to you all later...Until then, please take care of yourselves.

Hugs,
:ghug3
XOXO
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Well done ADAAT, you are doing amazingly well and are showing me the way

Keeping busy is essential for me at the moment, I don't have any DIY skills but I am doing my bit, even thinking of painting the living room !

Today will make it a full week of not drinking for me and as always I have found this week relatively easy, the fact that I was sick as a dog for half of it helped.

Recently I have been having trouble during the second and third weeks so I will probably be around a lot for the next couple of weeks.

But I am trying to enjoy this peaceful time and so far so good.

Thanks to everyone who has been posting on here its great to feel that all around the world there are others at the same stage as me.