Notices

Class of May

Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Amen to the control issues, Matty. I can actually FEEL myself tensing up, almost like I'm holding my breath (well, I probably AM Anyways, that's why I'm doing Yoga to relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax a little, the natural way. Off to a meeting....have a well night everyone

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))
Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It's day four for me today, so I thought I would come and say hello and join you all in the May club.

I hope you are all doing well.

Sax
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hello folks! Feeling good today, about to go do some light exercise and then off for some weekend adventures. Hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-09-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome, Saxony, thanks for joining us

Glad you're feeling well, Redshift!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome Sax to our ever increasing circle! Hope everyone is feeling well today. Bah, back to rain...I think I'm getting moldy...
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello Maytes
How is everyone doing? I hope just fine...
Well, today is day 6 for me....at first I thought it was day 5, but my Hubby corrected me...Duh!!! What would I do without him? LOL!
I feel really good, I stopped at the store and picked up a few items then went to the post office for the "Stamp out Hunger" that they are having today. I also cleaned out my cabinets a little, but it just didn't seem like enough...so I stopped and picked a few more canned/boxed goods.
Right now I'm trying to think of a crafty project for my Mom...I know, 11th hour...I'm bad at that (waiting to the last minute to work on gifts for people). I want to make a really nice card and put a gift certificate in there from IGA (her favorite store).

(((Eclipse))) I'm so happy to have you in our little May club....Welcome aboard sweetie.

Sax, I'm glad that you could join us too!!! How are you feeling? I read one of your threads and you seemed to be in trouble, are you feeling better? I hope so.

HideOrSeek, I just have to say....you crack me up with some of your posts, you seem to have a great sense of humor, I like that

Red, enjoy your adventures this weekend...nice to get out and have some fun.

Matty, I'm glad to hear that your remembering to just try and relax...keep it up.

December, Keep hanging in there...it can only get better, Right? I'm proud of you.

Yeagr8, Welcome to the month of May club...I glad to see that we are doing this together.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...If I did, please forgive me. Once I started typing this, I couldn't go back through the pages without losing my post. Our group is growing and that makes me very happy....hang in there all, we can do this.

"May we make it through another day together."
See you all later,
All my love and lots of hugs
:ghug3
XOXO
Old 05-09-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ah, ADAAT, you warm my heart! I have thought the SAME thing when replying (that you can't go back), so I use the quick reply and then I can scroll up!! We've got enough people now, that my poor brain is spilling over. Unfortunately, I can't use the little emoticons, which I love!

But seriously ADAAT, haven't you beaten a recent record (5 days, I recall?). If so, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you all wonderful!!!! We are hanging in there together, from all over the globe (thank you Shift for representing the UK . It's just amazes me...I'm getting warm fuzzies here.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So far, the longest that I have ever gone has been 9 days these past couple years...now I did go 3 month's at one time and that was when I was on a strict diet. But that was over 2 years ago...
So, if I make it past 9 days, that will be my record....come on day 10, just kidding!

HideOrSeek, I totally know what you mean about the emoticons...they crack me up.
I love using them as well, cute little critters
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone! I hope our little group is hangin' in! I went to a meeting today and one of the speakers was talking about how this disease lurks and chips away at our resolve (I can handle JUST one), and our personal integrity (they'll never know), b4 we ever take a drink. Once "it" has us in a compromised position, taking a drink is such a LITTLE step. He sort of personalized alcoholism like a stalker. His talk really stuck with me. When tempted, I try to see my alcoholism as a separate, sneaky, insidious self that is trying to convince "me" to do something I shouldn't. It makes it easier to resist, I suppose. Like it's coming from something outside of me rather than from within. Even though I have often heard that relapse happens way b4 drinking, I really had never though of it in this way. So it was good food for thought today.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs and Happy Mother's Day)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing ok.

Hideorseek, I guess your talking about the beast, rat, the voice, what ever people want to call it. In the past I have tried to separate the two, me and the voice, for me it didn't work. I need to work on what makes me want to drink I think. Once I fully grasp that it does nothing positive for me is when I will stop wanting it I guess. I know others do think of it as a seperate entity though, so it obviously works for some

Anyways, I'm doing ok I guess, just came by to check in. I was 38 yesterday and it was kinda depressing that I am such a mess, but at least I stayed sober so I guess things can only improve as long as I don't pick up again.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well I guess I will be joining the May Club, like eclipse says I will soon be running out of months

Day 2 today and I need this to be my last time.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Welcome Allport! Another rep from the UK! We've got a great group here. ADAAT and I are self-appointed cheerleaders Happy to move over though and welcome any and all! Sax, you hit a nail on the head for me. It took me a longgggggggg time to figure out what made me drink (and if we don't figure it out, I think long term sobriety is almost impossible). For me, I am a people pleasing perfectionist with an over active thinker (I'm repeating myself). When I have negative feelings (angry, sad, anything less than happy, happy), I stuff them and then over time, like a teapot, I boil over out of the blue (PARTICULARLY when drinking). Soooooooooooo, I'm working on expressing my full range (acceptable or not), setting boundaries (I can be a martyr and then get resentful) and telling myself that I'm HUMAN and don't need to control everything nor be perfect all the time. Tall order, I know, but I totally agree that we need to manage what makes us WANT to drink and everytime I get the urge, I ask myself "What's really going on here?" and that helps. Sadly, there is no one solution that fits all sizes, but I think you are right on.

PS I'm soon to be 55, BTW, so you've got YEARS on me for starting this quest
Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 360 for me. May is my month.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mary. I hope to celebrate with you next year!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Checking in with day 7....This is great, I can't believe I made it this far and I feel Mauvelous Baby!!! LOL!

Allport, Welcome to our wonderful group of May...We're glad that you could join us...the more the merrier

Mary52, Wow!!! You Rock!!! That is a BIG accomplishment, if I "ever" made it that long it would be a miracle...lol. Keep it up, you seem to be on the right track.

For all of my other Maytes...I sure hope that everyone is hanging in there and doing ok.
I'm thinking about you guys...
"May we make it through another day together."

Hugs :ghug
XOXO
Old 05-11-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me and it's been a long weekend, but I got through it

Hope you all post more I need the support (not that I'm selfish or anything) !
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I am having a horrible time. My husband berating me for drinking as he pops open another beer. I don't drink wine, I guzzle it. Faster for the buzz. But does that really make things better? Maybe for a couple minutes. I don't understand the draw, am I so depressed that I just can't function? I looked up AA meetings, but I have a very tight schedule with four kids and just can't get there. My husband just says "just dont go to the store" but in the mean time he has at least a 12 pack in his car. He actually took my keys yesterday so I couldn't get to the store as he mows the lawn with a beer in his hand. No mother's day present, just a card that says "you family needs you. I don't deserve anything and I know it, but it just makes me more depressed and wanting to drink. How can I make this end, I am desperate.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Aw Eclipse :ghug3 I feel so bad for you, I wish I had more than good thoughts to send you
Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Allport, well done on the weekend, hopefully things will start getting easier for you soon.

Eclipse, I don't know what to suggest really. I have 3 children so I can appreciate that time is hard to find for meetings. I am on my own though so I don't know what you are going through with your husband still drinking around you. Does he have a problem? Would he mind if you asked him not to drink around you for a while? Have you talked it through with him at all? You sound really sad and I am not sure what I can say to help but you do deserve something, to be happy for a start

I am having a pretty crappy day too if it makes anyone feel any better lol.

Sax
Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Eclipse, I am sorry that you are having a hard time. My husband drinks, but rarely and never to excess. And in the beginning, he asked if I was OK with it. I agree with others that you are going to have to blinker yourself to his actions, as hard as that may be, and focus on what you need to do to stay sober. It will forever be a mystery to me why some people can drink and others can't. For a long time I resented this and it lead me to relapsing again and again over the "injustice" of it all. But the fact remains that I CAN'T drink and it doesn't matter what others can or cannot do, I have to be responsible for myself. I am more than a bit disturbed that he would flaunt alcohol in front of you, but that's his problem and try not to let it get under your skin (very hard, I 'm sure). Sorry I can't be more uplifting, but you don't seem to be able to alter his behavior, so you are just going to have to focus on yours.

I'm going to be away until 5/18, without computer access, but I will be thinking of all of you and sending positive thoughts. Take care of yourselves and be well.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))