Notices

Class of May

Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning, folks. First day 1 I've ever woken up sober Day 1.5 maybe? Didn't sleep very well, but looking forward to in a few more days. Hope everyone is up and running today!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Gr8, it's definitely scarey, but it's also doable. And... why hold on to stuff that simply doesn't work? I say, good riddance! Glad that you're so enthusiastic about rehab

Yay, congrats Shift! Waking up sober sure beats crawling out of bed, feeling hungover destroyed. If you're unable to sleep well, make sure to get as much rest as possible; it helps.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oooh, we're getting quite a little club together! Welcome December! Cliff, way to go with rehab. I've never been, but in my mind taking Antabuse was rehab without the slippers! ADAAT, you early riser you! Matt, I'm glad you are feeling better and Shift, congrats on the dawn of a new life! If I've missed anyone, welcome as well!!

OK, kids, being the cheerleader type...let's do this together!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

RAhhhh RAhhhh RAhhhh....GOOOOOOoooooo May!!!!

Oh, I think I'm a little too late on the cheer huh, you typed your post this afternoon...LOL!!!
I wasn't home around the time you started the cheer...better late than never

Don't laugh, but you mentioned that I was an early riser...ummmm, I didn't even go to sleep lastnight
I was pulling an allnighter....Guess what I was doing? I was making a crafty project for my younger Sis. I almost have it completed, the glue is still drying...even as I type, I'm still waiting for the stuff to dry. I use a lot of glue, can't you tell....Do you think that maybe I'm making up for the fact that I'm not held together very tightly. Just Kidding!!!

Well, I made it through day 3, still feeling great...yawn!!! A little sleepy, but it's all good.

I hope my little May flower's in here are doing just fine...
I will say it again...
"May we make it through another day together."
Does anyone sense a little slap happiness coming from me?

Hugs to you all my friends,
:ghug
See ya,
XOXO
Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats on the project ADayAtATime! Funny how things like that can keep us distracted, even to the point where we forget to sleep

Today was a good day for me. I still feel bad physically, but mentally, spiritually, and socially a bit better. Matt, I really like how you set up your initial guidelines around those types of areas - I find that if I don't work at all of them, none of them get better as a whole.

Hope everyone else had a good day, and a good night's rest tonight!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

matty

Congrats you are right back where you need to be. It is hard but if you do it nobody else will. You are a strong person.
I want to thank you for chatting with me and Chardoll about being true to who we really are I am taking that to the bank. So matty you will see me making a change in how I chat and that is in positive light.You might even see a post on here about my life sometime. I have got to get the courage up to do it first. You are a good person with alot of strength.
Thanks again
Old 05-06-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Matty and all,

Count me in as the eighth or ninth musketeer. I slipped with pills this time -- Ativan. Such a small pill, smaller than an aspirin. What harm could it do? Well, a lot as it turns out.

So, I'm on for May 5th sober date. Keep going everyone. It's good to be back!

-- NM
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome back Negative Man!
Yes, please join our May group, there is plenty of room here
I love meeting new friends.

XOXO
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Soo true Red,

I actually manage to get an hour or two of shut eye just now...it's only 1 in the morning, I hope I can get a couple more in. I know I'm not all rested up yet.
XOXO
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 3, feel fine! Although i'm not exactly analysing how i feel like all the times before...it seems quite irrelevant now...nice to be able to not have to worry about doing this off my own back and actually get someone to help this time!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm feeling great today. This week I'm staying in our company's flat in London. My room mate tends to go out drinking in the evenings, comes back about 10 and then cracks open some beer or pours a glass or three of wine. This is sort of difficult cause i can hear it - the distinctive crack of a can opening, from my bedroom. The mornings however are a different kettle of fish - I'm as bright as a button, while my poor flat mate chap has the look of alcohol depression in him and the fight required to get ready for a day with a hangover. I'm hoping this quit will last. I've learnt a fair bit from my last one. Three things for me stick out. 1) Think carefully about having a relationship for a while after quitting. 2) Play it a day at a time. 3) If I have to be selfish to protect myself from drinking, so be it.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good Morning my friends!

Welcome NM, I think you got the last spot (JK!)! Glad to hear everyone had a peaceful (if not restful) night. Ah, ADAAT, I couldn't pull an all nighter if I tried! Waaaay to old for that! December: Good for you to see the morning after effects on your roomie. Sometimes the ONLY thing that keeps me from drinking during my personal witching hour (5-7pm), is to remind myself how awful I feel in the a.m. (mentally, emotionally and physically) and it takes me at least 24 hours to feel "normal" again. Shift, good to hear that you are hanging in there!!!!! Where's Matt? And 4life? Cliff has been posting, so I know he's OK... I may have forgotten someone, for which I apologize, but it's hard to keep adding "names" to my brain. It's that old age thing again...

I think that there is real value in the "class" concept. By getting to know all of you, I feel accountable TO you. It's one thing to disappoint myself, entirely another to stumble and need to come clean to all of you. So, thank you for continuing to inspire me to do my best!

Last night, my hubby and I watched "When a man loves a woman" with Andy Garcia and Meg Ryan. She is an alcoholic. Someone posted on this awhile ago and I watched it on YouTube, but since I wanted my husband to see it, I went and bought the DVD. Anyways, it's very powerful and I was nervous as h#ll to watch it with him, but it sparked a good discussion. I find it has made a major difference in putting a problem before us, rather than between us, if that makes sense. I know that I am the one who has to do this, but alcoholism is truly a family disease, and it helps not only for him to see when and how he triggers me, but also that my alcoholism cannot be reduced to "just don't drink".

Anyways, my 2 cents for the morning. Off to conquer day 7....be back later...be well everyone....(((((Hugs))))))
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Checking in, feeling really good...

ADAAt- Sounds like a nice project. Sleep will come eventually, in the meantime try to get some rest. BTW... "May flowers"?! Really? LOL

Red- I can't take credit for the way I outlined my recovery, it's based on ****** Gawain's book "The Four Levels of Healing". I just fleshed it out a little.

Support4me- My connection crashed last night, ugh. Frustrating, we had a good conversation going. I'm glad you're thinking about changing your outlook, looking forward to reading your post. Thanks for the kind words!

Dec- Good plan! I don't think that protecting and respecting your needs is being selfish, though. It's necessary. Addiction is selfish by nature, but not recovery..

HoS- the class thing is great, so much support. That movie is very sad, especially the Mexico (?) sequence. Meg Ryan is really good in it. Another "good" one is "Leaving Las Vegas" - trigger alert, but eye opening.

Gr8- you sound really upbeat!! Yay! You're right, you don't have to do this alone. I'm really relieved that you've decided to enter rehab sober?

Finally :ghug3 NM!!!!! Missed you, my friend! It's so good to see you again, despite the circumstances lol. I'm sorry to hear about your benzo troubles. Are you feeling better now?

Hugs to everyone.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ok, maybe I went a little overboard with the "May Flowers"....LOL! I told you I was a little slap happy at the time :rotfxko.
I did finally get some sleep.

HOS...You are right about the concept of having a "class", I feel the same way. I not only want to be strong for myself but for my friends here as well. I am so happy that you guys are here and we are doing this together. Thank You!!!

Day number 4 here, still feeling fine.

"May" we make it through another day together!

Hugs everyone :ghug
XOXO
Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Had a stressfull work meeting yesterday, and really felt like a drink afterwards. Instead I came on SR and read this thread and a few others and made the decision, for that day, not to drink. So it's Friday morning I'm without a hangover. Today I'm not going to drink. ADayAtATime - we forgive you your bad puns, we are all Maytes here. :ghug
Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey December my Mayte (I like that one by the way)
I'm glad you came in here instead of grabbing a drink...Good for you for hanging in there.
We're in this together...
"May we make it through another day together".
:ghug
XOXO
Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Three cheers December! It's my impulsiveness that gets ME into trouble. If I THINK about the consequences, I always realize that it's a bad idea. Problem is, I don't always do that. Well, I'm working on it.

Anyways, at LAST it's a sunny day (after maybe 10 days of rain). Hope everyone is well!

(((((hugs)))))))))
Old 05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Well, I seem to just keep blowing through the months. It is really starting to scare me know. My BP has been reallly high. So...once again I will be starting with Day 1 today. My husband says to me, "Why can't you just have a couple glasses of wine and be done with it?" I just can't. I will drink the whole bottle then want more. It is starting to really affect my family life. SO, it really is time to knock it down once and for all.

Good luck to all you doing so well.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks for joining us Eclipse. Let's just try to do this together, OK? United we stand, divided we fall stuff (no political commentary intended
Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Maytes I liked that, December!

I'm feeling better than I have in months! Finally! Optimistic and mellow. I keep reminding myself to just relax, as trying to be a control freak is one of my main issues - I always wind up tangled up with life in a messy, boozy stranglehold.

December, glad you turned to SR for help. Good job

Eclipse, it's nice to have you here

(((ADAAT, HoS, Maytes)))