Notices

Class of May

Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello HideorSeek

I'm a 40 year old woman, I'm married to my best friend...we've been together for a little over 18 1/2 years. I have no children....a choice we made many years ago.
Some of your qualities remind me of myself....I'm a people pleaser, have an over active mind and a perfectionist (especially when it comes to my crafts).

I binge drink every few days and once I put the first drink in, I don't stop until I've had enough....my off button seems to be not working right or something?
The longest I ever went without a drink was 3 months straight...I was on a strict diet and lost alot of weight (now I've gained most of it back since my hubby and I lost our jobs back in October).
We are still unemployed and trying to find work, no luck yet.

There isn't much I would change about myself, except for the drinking and it would be nice to get my weight back down to where it used to be.

I love, love, love crafts....mostly paper crafts to be precise. I enjoy making cards for others and to see the look on their face when they are presented with one of them.

Well, this was just a brief intro....
Thank you for introducing yourself, it's nice meeting you.
Lot's of hugs,

XOXO
Old 05-04-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi ADAT and thanks for your bio! I would like to change A LOT about myself, but I'll start with the drinking I know that I drink to avoid feelings. Honestly I think alcohol has been my DOC because it's the only legal one. I know that I drink to "shut off my mind" and I need to find a healthy alternative coping mechanism which enables me to live 'in the middle" and avoid the wide swings of the pendulum. I'm currently trying Yoga, which is good for the long haul, but doesn't really satisfy the "quick fix", impulsivity I am prone to. *Sigh* Well, I'm working on it...
Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Checking in... Woke up feeling very sick (not alcohol/withdrawal related) and low. Will write a short bio later.
everyone
Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Mattie...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Making it through Day 2 here and feeling pretty good!!!
I was just checking in to say hello and see how my friends are doing.
I'm thinking about you guys.
Hugs to you all and keep hanging in there...
:ghug
XOXO
Old 05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better Mattie...thanks for checking in.
Hugs to you,

XOXO
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi my friends!

Checking in on day 5 and feeling well. Sorry to her that you are under the weather, matt. 4life, hope you are hanging in there. Good to hear from you ADAT!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you HideorSeek....I'm glad to hear that your feeling well.
Congrats on day 5....WoooHooo!!!
I can't wait to make it to day 5 again, it has been over a month since I went that long...lol.
I'm very proud of you, your 3 days ahead of me
XOXO
Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

As The saying goeas, ADAT, if you got up b4 me today, you've been sober longer than I have! So, we'll just keep plugging away and I have all the faith in the world that we can accomplish this together!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Embarrassed I'm back at day 0 again. Getting harder each time...

But I'm in, once more
Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Redshift...
Please don't be embarrassed, at least your here with us and most of us has had many day 0's.
Me for instance, has had too many to count.
I'm glad your here...just keep coming back.
Hugs,
XOXO
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks... just seeing a few freight trains barreling down on me at full speed over the next few months, that I have no idea how to deal with. I know I have to be sober for a period of time to deal with any of them, but the thought of having to deal with them makes me want to drink more than ever.

And so, willingly or reluctantly, I'm back on the wagon.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am the first one to admit, Redshift, that I have a LOT to learn. But one thing I have learned the hard way is that I can never make a situation better by drinking, and probably will make it worse, if only because I am less able to deal with it. I don't know what situations you are facing, but I have found that sharing my own obstacles makes them less unsurmountable. So lean on us as we will surely lean on you, OK?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Will do. Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to me right now. Deep down I know the truth, and what needs to be done. The problem is that right now I have a neatly wrapped up life, which may get totally unraveled soon, and may take a long time of recovery to wrap back up.

Not going to worry about it the rest of tonight however

Thanks again, and glad to be a part of the group!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Got plenty of rest today, ate proper meals instead of junk, now feeling better - though still exhausted. Will try to see a doc tomorrow for a checkup, hope I'm not coming down with something.

Redshift, it's nice to have you onboard. Like ADAT and HoS said, there's nothingt to be ashamed of. Give yourself a pat on the back for choosing sobriety You mentioned having some challenges coming your way soon, you might as well face them with a clear head.

:ghug3 ADAT, HoS
Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I slipped up again a few days ago after an argument with my girlfriend (she is also an alcoholic). So I'm in the May club. I've just woken up and yesterday was a sober day and today I feel great - there's nothing like waking up sober. Don't beat yourself up Matty - these things happen. Thanks for starting the May class.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey December,
Welcome to the May club...I'm so happy your with us.
"May" we make it through another day together
I'm just now starting on day 3...but it's still way too early...almost 5 in the morning to be exact (do you think I'm pushing it a bit?) LOL!!!
Hugs to all,
XOXO
Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 2 today, busy for the rest of the week packing and organising stuff so not time to drink! Rehab on Sunday!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome to the club, December Sorry to hear about your slip, glad that you're back on your feet.

Cliff, keep coming back! The countdown is on, bet you're excited..

ADAT
Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Alright Matt!

Yeah am excited and a little scared...by now i do truly realise it is not just as simple as putting down the bottle and then sitting back whilst a miraculous recovery takes place whilst i watch...i am actually going to have to do some work this time and do things in and out of rehab that go against the grain! I guess that's what they mean by the younger you tackle this the better, then your ideals and life rules are not well entrenched.

I've only got to change everything i've ever been and lived by...no problem hehe

So off to God and prayer...what's that saying...'Prayer is the last refuge of a scoundrel'