Notices

Class of May

Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

yes, doing ok I guess, but summer is going to long. Wait 9 months for it and this is going to be a challenge. But then again I may remember it!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Good to see you hanging in there Matt. It's funny, sometimes a plan helps me and sometimes it overwhelms me. Tricky, this disease of ours. But you seem to be on top of things, so good for you!

And WTL, I hear you about summer! I laughed when you wrote that you would at least remember it! Blackouts are the worst, IMHO. The panic that sets in over what MIGHT have happened (but not being sure one way or the other), is one of the worst feelings in the world for me.

Hang in there. The pride that we will feel tomorrow will make us feel better than a drink today ever could.

Hugs to you both and thanks for checking in

Seek
Old 06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Wanttolive.. This will be a summer to remember..

Thanks, Seek..The codependence thing is really throwing me off kilter. So many things are starting to make sense now.. It's finally dawned on me that I'm my own person and, though obvious, it's also a very scary and overwhelming realization; it challenges many of my core beliefs. I'm trying to take it slowly, holding on to gratitude
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi May Alumni! I'm still around, just haven't been on the forum for awhile. I'm going strong at 13 months clean and sober now. I'm doing lots of meetings, working the 12 steps, talking to my sponsor, doing the next right thing, enjoying my family and especially my grandchildren.

God Bless you all! I have been blessed!!!!! I'll get to that another time, but That light at the end of the tunnel isn't just the locomotive coming at me anymore...