Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-05-2023, 10:52 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hi Zencat! I was thinking about you this morning when I saw how much rain hit Oxnard.
Your homeschool study curriculum looks fantastic!
Old 01-05-2023, 10:55 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Takeaction View Post
Dancing just makes my soul come alive! I do it as a hobby, but as I’ve practiced more throughout this year, I’ve entertained becoming an instructor. .
Takeaction, I was a dancer for many years, became a professional and an instructor. If you want to be an instructor, I say go for it. Dancing is in my soul and it will always make happy. I love dancing at home when no one is watching.

Old 01-05-2023, 11:02 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, how did I not know that, Anna? Wow....
What type of dancing? Ballroom?
(My parents were wonderful dancers).

And oh, to be a fly on the wall and see you incredible ladies dancing around the kitchen, like Jenny in the tv show Coroner.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:09 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did mainly Scottish (Highland) dancing, but also ballet and jazz.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:20 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Wow. Wow. Wow. Says the daughter of a Scot who loved to dance. Not Highland, though—that is amazing. And ballet and jazz.....phenomenal.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:21 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Way to go, Takeaction! 30 days is amazing!

That's cool, Anna. Seems fitting somehow.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:04 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I am glad your husband is quitting with you, Alex, that makes it a lot easier.
Hey, Sam!
ToughChoices - Have a great day!
Runnerf - Day 95! That seemed so far away 95 days ago. Great job!
zenithboy - I love to see you hitting your stride. You got this.
Red - Glad you're back. You were missed.
Strawberry - I hope you feel better fast.
JustTony - I've been there with the liver pain. It's real. It is amazing how our bodies heal, even after the damage we have done.
Calmself - way to keep going! Thanks for checking in!
Erratic - glad you're here! We can do this together!
Citrus - you are on my prayer list. It's good to see you.
Tica - I'm sorry you went through that. I ruined a very expensive, what was supposed to be very awesome vacation as well. You're in good company here.
Zen - I second and third everyone else's sentiments. I love your posts!
FDL - The further you get from that last drink, the better the sleep gets. Great job on day 7!
Takeaction - I love that you dance! Great job on your sobriety! You are kicking a**!
Dee, Anna, Suze and Caramel - thanks and love to you guys.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, know that you are welcome here and cherished. Recovery is a team sport and we're a winning team.
Day 88
"There will be very painful moments in your life that will change your entire world in a matter of minutes. These moments will change you. Let them make you stronger, smarter, and kinder. But don't you go and become someone that you are not. Cry. Scream if you have to. Then, straighten out that crown and keep moving."
Thanks, Bobbie!!
Old 01-05-2023, 02:04 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Hello to the Viewers on this thread BassetDog , Hawkeye13 Scott2295
Hi Zen! Hope you’re doing well! Thanks for the welcome!

Back here for yet another day 1. I stayed sober for most of December but had a terrible relapse at Christmas that just ended now. Just drank beer everyday. Had a similar cycle in November. Sober nearly the entire month and then a 1-week binge. I hate that version of me. I isolate, have a short-temper, lie and hide beers around the house. Thankfully today is a new day and I’m breaking that cycle. The thought of tasting a beer is making me gag right now. Every aspect of my life is better without beer.

Feeling the normal WONDERFUL withdrawal systems today. A little shaky, anxious and stomach pain from IBS flaring up. It’ll all be good in a few days though. Small price to pay to get out of the booze prison.

Thanks for welcoming me back to the group. It’s great to have a place to go where people understand the alcohol trap. It’s also great to hear from the people that beat this and to read their advice and find out just how wonderful life can be on the other side.

Congrats to everyone for staying sober today!

Old 01-05-2023, 02:13 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Plain hot water is my go-to, dear BD. I have been drinking it in the evening for many years, interrupted by my alcoholism for a while there, but thankfully not these days.

Just something I want to share...I bought beer for the two lots of garbage dudes that we have here as Christmas gifts, and two weeks in a row, the trash guys came too early, and I missed them. I was lying in bed last night, and I thought: what am I going to do with the beer? I literally had no idea. I am pretty sure if I hadn't heard them just after 6.30 this morning and ran out in my PJs (lol), I would have emptied it down the sink.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:46 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I just had to share a really interesting email I received.

Today is officially one month of sobriety for me, of which I shared earlier today. Obviously I haven’t been going to the gas station/liquor store for alcohol, and my wallet reflects. The email I received was from a money management app that I have. Well, apparently I spent 21% less in December! I bought Christmas gifts too!

It just blows my mind to fathom how much alcohol I was really drinking.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:47 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Morning of day 2, not hungover as such but not feeling right, not sure if it's the alcohol intoxication or withdrawal but it doesn't really matter because the bottom line is that it's alcohol..
We are packing up today to go to the beach for the weekend with the kids, mainly adult kids now. Weather's not gonna be great but that's OK, no drinking for me which is fine as I'm not keen to get drunk in front of the step kids as I'm realising how gross that is..

Best thing about today is waking up sober, I've said it lots before and it will always be my favourite thing about sobriety.
I'm struggling to come to terms with some anxiety and shame from drinking the other night, I called out someone who had been drinking and taking cocaine and was about to drive his gf home to a different town, it caused quite a bit of grief and I didn't back down, the gf and my bf got angry with me, they were both very drunk too and were denying the guy had been drinking or taking drugs even though I knew as I caught him several times taking the coke.. I can't remember everything but I do know my neighbour whose bday it was came to our house after and was worried about my bfs behaviour towards me, so I know I can't have been as bad as my brain might be imagining but when you can't remember everything its a nightmare wrestle with feeling ashamed and anxiety for something you don't know whether it was bad or not..
The best thing is just to stay sober..
​​​​​​

Old 01-05-2023, 02:56 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

It sounds like your motives were good, love—you were trying to keep that couple safe. s

And yes, dear Takeaction, it is really amazing to look back and see how much we were drinking and how much it was costing us in so many ways. s
Old 01-05-2023, 03:22 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

Red, yes, I remember living that nightmare too. I was constantly second-guessing myself and trying to remember everything I'd said and done. As you said, sobriety is so much easier. And, I agree with Venus, that you were doing what you believed was the right thing and your motives were good.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:10 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Red, yes, I remember living that nightmare too. I was constantly second-guessing myself and trying to remember everything I'd said and done. As you said, sobriety is so much easier. And, I agree with Venus, that you were doing what you believed was the right thing and your motives were good.
My motives were good but I was more than likely too over the top..
Blackouts are a horrible thing because sometimes we don't do anything wrong but because we don't remember we don't know and sometimes we do do ****** things..
Old 01-05-2023, 04:15 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Sure, but the guy drinking and doing coke was doing something dangerous, especially if he was going to drive and have someone else in the car. Even if you acted crazy (thinking of me while drunk), you might have stopped a tragedy.

Just love. And onward together, dear Red. ❤️
Old 01-05-2023, 04:16 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

absolutely the best thing is to be sober Red.
Hope the earthquake didn't shake you up too much the other day

D
Old 01-05-2023, 04:21 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it back BassetDog.Whats your plan to stop this 3 weeks good, one week bad cycle?

D
Old 01-05-2023, 05:22 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
absolutely the best thing is to be sober Red.
Hope the earthquake didn't shake you up too much the other day

D
Didn't even feel it, I was asleep, not passed out sleep either but was 540am.
Our house is pretty sturdy. We have all been sitting around the table when our phones alert us that an earthquake is coming but we can hardly feel it whereas at my mums house the same earthquake jolts her house.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:27 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sure, but the guy drinking and doing coke was doing something dangerous, especially if he was going to drive and have someone else in the car. Even if you acted crazy (thinking of me while drunk), you might have stopped a tragedy.

Just love. And onward together, dear Red. ❤️
It's true, an old friend of mine died and severely injured a couple only after a few drinks, over the limit but not smashed according to other friends but the let him drink and drive all the time..
Old 01-05-2023, 05:33 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, that is so devastating.

I think you did the right thing, and as you and Dee said—sober is the absolute best way to go.
And that is where you are now, and that is something to be very proud of.