Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-04-2023, 06:49 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Tough Choices- thanks for the kind words.
. I hope you have good weather on your route!
Bobbieka - my sympathies on your loss. Good work sticking to your guns with day 87!
Tica- welcome!
Old 01-04-2023, 07:02 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Heal well soon 🧸 Strawberry

Welcome to Class BananaSplit

Originally Posted by Tica
I bought myself a journal to reward myself for three days. My husband has also agreed to quit with me so that’s great news.
Good stuff

To count or not to count the days that is...

I count for the shiney coins each month. Other that that, I can help a newcomer to recovery understand that people can recover from a seemingly hopeless condition by a day, mounth, year record that recovery works. I like stats also being a sports guy

Wile 4 out of 5 people recover from drug/alcohol addiction. Any extra boost is always welcome.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:30 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Toughchoices thank you for your heartfelt thoughts. It means a lot. I am trying to be honest with myself and all around me. Always a work in progress.

Bobbie. Very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:50 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Do you have a dance class this week, dear Takeaction? I am imagining your 30-day celebration. ❤️
Good morning, Venuscat! I hope your week is going nicely.

I actually went last night, and will go again three more times by Sunday. I sort of tan out of my normal steam last night, so hopefully when I go back on Thursday, I’ll have more energy.

I cannot believe I’m almost at a month! I worked really really hard!
Old 01-04-2023, 07:51 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yes, you did. ❤️❤️
Old 01-04-2023, 11:01 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Am I the only one that noticed we have Caramel, Banana Split and Strawberry?!?
Sounds delicious, just saying.

Thank you all for your kind words.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:04 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

And, yes, good pickup, mon ami. ❤️

(Now I am wondering if there is an SR member called chocolate ).
Old 01-04-2023, 12:39 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi all!
Checking in on another sober day. I was reading the posts about day counting and am chiming in to say that I ws a religious counter in the past but now I am going with the flow and enjoying being sober. I think I got a bit obsessive in the past, although I too like stats. Whatever works though for each person.

Boy, sober sleep is just the best, isn't it?

Old 01-04-2023, 12:40 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

BTW, I re-read my post and I think "religious counter" sounds a bit weird LOL!
Old 01-04-2023, 01:18 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Glad to see everyone hanging in there.

I’m just checking in. End of day 6 , going well just feel very lethargic today but have been busy with exercise so not sure if it’s related to abstinence, also my dogs been poorly so looking after her poor thing.

as well as the booze I’ve swapped cigarettes for an ecig. Not great but better than smoking I guess. The plan is to stop that when I’ve got some sobriety under my belt . I didn’t want to do too much all at once.

tomorrow I will not drink
Old 01-04-2023, 01:34 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

FDL, I hope your dog is okay. Congrats on Day 6 and I think tackling stopping smoking can wait a bit until you feel comfortable with your sobriety.

Bobbie, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's great that you've remained sober and focused.

Takeaction, getting the first month under your belt is great.

Old 01-04-2023, 05:07 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

So tired and the insomnia is kicking in 😞
Old 01-04-2023, 05:22 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

❤️Condolences Bobbie for the loss of your MIL❤️

Originally Posted by Take
I actually went last night, and will go again three more times by Sunday. I sort of tan out of my normal steam last night, so hopefully when I go back on Thursday, I’ll have more energy.

I cannot believe I’m almost at a month! I worked really really hard!
@Takeaction I think dancing is fantastic! Do you do it as a hobby or are you part of a performance troupe? Any who keep putting those sober days together, keep posting and I think you'll do just fine. Keep up the good work.

Erratic CHEESE How's it going? Don't Quit recovery even when times are tough. Just wondering how much time do you put into your recovery work? Not to be pushy or demanding or anything like that a casual curiosity. I'm just a naturally very curious person from early age 2 today. . I hope I'm not being too nosey.

Originally Posted by TC
"Create in me a clean heart, O Buddha, and renew a right practice within me. Cast me not away from your presence, O Master. Take not your wisdom from me. Restore unto me the joy of my enlightenment and renew the Buddha within me." Adapted to my Buddhist Practice
Original source from:Psalm 51:10-12.
❤️ I LOVE it Thank you TC.

With renewed activity and clarity of mind I don't think my body can keep up. I have to take a couple rest days here in between working diligently on all the various projects I have going on all at once . And boy oh boy do I have projects man but I'm tackling prioritizing and working on them a little bit by bit, I'm sure my ADHD has a lot to do with it but the mood is way up as long as the body is able I'm bouncing along pretty good with recovery. I keep my daily recovery practice in action so as I don't go dropping off the map and into the booze bag of dastardly doings. Well that's enough for me I hope everybody is doing well I'll be popping around the forums maybe a little bit tonight, Keep strong everybody,

Old 01-04-2023, 06:54 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Day 4 here, lots of vivid nightmares but nothing like the real life nightmare two weeks ago of blacking out, being arrested in an airport while blacked out from alcohol and benzos and waking up in a freezing cold jail cell. I planned the trip I’ve waited decades for and only got a 24 hour trip to the county jail. I’m still very traumatized about it honestly. Thanks for listening, eyes forward
Old 01-04-2023, 07:03 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi all, joining in. ❤️
Old 01-04-2023, 07:04 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tica, that sounds scary and awful. I'm sorry that happened to you. But, here you are on Day 4 of your sober journey, which is great. Be kind to yourself and focus on stay sober.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:33 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds terrible Tica. I guess the wonderful thing is you never have to feel that way again

Hi Citrus - its really glad to see you back.
Welcome to you too Banana Split

I'm sorry for your loss Bobbie.

Hope you'll start getting quality sleep soon FDL - best wishes for your pooch.
congrats on those mounting day counts RunnerF, Chancellor, Just Tony Zenith Boy and takeaction

thanks for your posts TC and Zencat
D
Old 01-04-2023, 10:07 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

lol zencat you really do make me smile and draw me out x
im not doing to good at all just now. but never say never and never quit on quiting. i have everything from daily cards from journals and books dear zencat, but i can have the world and still be stuck on day 1. I know i just have to as dee puts it is take it off the table and just get started and yes best i think just take it a day at a time. I think i should post more around evening time instead of morning however or actually just bloody well do both. Sry for not posting when things get tough and doh got work this morning. I will push myself and post this evening so i can end the day on a positive.
good to see some new comers and great job on everyones time and welcome back citrus hun xx

so lets get this party started, 5th of jan is my day 1 and i will pop in this evening to end my day xx thanks to everyone for putting up with me and zen hope u have a lovely day xxx say cheese x lol
Old 01-04-2023, 10:18 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Erratic

D
Old 01-04-2023, 10:24 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Good to see folks doing well. Don't quit quitting! End of Day 416 for me. Good night from Seattle.