Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-02-2023, 08:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ashlayha87 View Post
I am almost at a Full 48 hours without a drink and I’m feeling pretty good about recovery still. Physically I still feel a little blah, but I’m looking forward to getting through the coming weeks and pushing forward to finally start feeling great ☺️ I’m happy to be here with y’all
Hi Ashlayah, good for you! I'm the same place you are but I must say the emotional improvement more than makes up for the physical for me. Hope it's the same for you!
Old 01-02-2023, 09:49 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Im in

Day 2 here
Old 01-02-2023, 10:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Tica and keeppushing
D
Old 01-02-2023, 11:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 3

Sleep has been pretty good, albeit the wife has gone to another room to let me “sweat it out” without worrying that I am disturbing her. That’s been really helpful.

I’ve gone through stages of my life where I never wanted to drink again - but until you get to a new level of commitment you don’t know it ever exists. I mean - I’m so committed this time - from my soul - not my heart - and certainly not my head - that I hope that this is it? My rock bottom. My forever moment.

I think it also helps that more and more people are now not drinking or have quit before (including celebs). Maybe the World is finally catching up with body beautiful places like California and Miami Beach? I know some people look down at drinking even a glass or two as just being ridiculous. Very helpful. All helpful to me as it doesn’t make you feel alone or an outcast.

I’m returning to the gym and exercise again. I know I can’t do what I used to do but that’s ok. I’m 53 years old. But I’m still in decent shape when I get going so that’s a ‘strive to goal’ (fitness) as opposed to a ‘run away goal’ (alcohol). I’m always more motivated when running towards something as opposed to away from something.

My early morning rambling thoughts from the UK.

JT
Old 01-03-2023, 03:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Day 3

I mean - I’m so committed this time - from my soul - not my heart - and certainly not my head - that I hope that this is it? My rock bottom. My forever moment
JT
Hi Tony,
Your above comment is exactly how I feel this time around.
I've had tons of "trying' to quit times. But it's almost like I knew I would start up again.
This time somehow it feels different like the stars aligned or something clicked, I'm just totally committed to it.

I'm doing well here, day 25.
I commit to sobriety today.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 93. First drinking dream in a long time. Glad it was a dream.

Still dealing with the ambivalence from the wife. Nothing I do seems to please her. Not sure how long I want to keep trying. It gets tiring.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

If I don’t quit now I will die. I have 3 kids. I want to live. I’m really serious this time , the Av destroyed me over Christmas. I love being sobor and how I feel when I am. That is my life from now on.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Happy to wake up without a hangover this morning.

Drinking has nothing of value to offer us.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello all! I'm just poking my head in to give a little boost of support - I got sober on New Year's Day four years ago.

You can do this. There will come a day when you don't crave alcohol and you will feel at peace.

Big love to everyone here, I'm proud of you - you deserve to be happy, healthy and sober xxxx
Old 01-03-2023, 05:27 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey lovely Sophie. ❤️ Awesome to see you!

And, as Sam said so well—drinking has nothing of value to offer us.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I too agree with you, Tony. I finally had my aha moment. Not drinking is hard but the hangover free life is SO much better! I dreaded mornings after a weekend or holiday. I know I had to of still been drunk somehow. Now, I’m just so cozy in the mornings I don’t want to get up lol.

Back to work today on day 28. ☺️
Old 01-03-2023, 06:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Good morning, class!

Looking forward to a bright, cold day of work. I sing to myself as I walk through the snow - I'm sure people think I'm a little strange, but it helps keep me centered and positive. There's a hymn from my youth that I've come back around to:

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, O Lord. Take not your holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10-12.

You can fill-in-the-blank with the HP of your understanding, and it's a lovely 7th Step prayer!

Currently, I'm re-working the Steps using Herb K.'s "12 Steps to a Spiritual Awakening" on YouTube. It is wonderful, with a tremendous focus on prayer (talking to HP), meditation (listening to HP), and contemplation (marveling quietly in the presence of HP). Life changing for this constantly brain-chattering girl. The series is free to watch, with worksheets that can be printed, lovely spiritual exercises, and reading assignments. This focus on coming into relationship with God keeps me sober, positive, and new.

For me, recovery is NOT just about the cessation of detrimental behavior, it's about the creation/re-connection of something beautiful. Desire for this connection to power and peace motivates choices that allow me to grow and flourish and accept life as it rolls under me.

God created me to be a river - flowing, raging, cutting a path.
Addiction built a dam that turned that river into a still, shallow, stagnant pool.
Recovery tears down the dam so that God's will for me can flow through the world.
Where will I go? What will I accomplish? Life is the adventure of finding out!!!
How could I ever dream of returning to stagnancy?

Have a beautiful Tuesday, all!
-TC
Old 01-03-2023, 06:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SR and Jan Classashlayha87, 48 hours in a good jump on recovery.

Sorry about my confusion Keeppushing, 2 days for now. You will get to 29, in 27 days from today you are not going to drink no matter what! What do you think? I say you can do it

Hi Tica. welcome to SR and the Class. 2 days for you too. Just take it One Day At A time (ODAAT) Put yesterday and the future on hold. Focus only on your recovery for now. Latter with sober time and a clear head you can tackle past/future issues.

Tony better sleep YEA! Me too finally! When my days were soaked in alcohol, my sleepless nights were soaked in stinky sweat. YUCK!
Keep working it 3 days sober is the proof you can stop drinking forever.
I'm doing well here, day 25.
I commit to sobriety today.
Nice

Hi Runner

Strawberry, When the AV pops up be sure to challenge it with your dead set intentions that, you will ever drink no matter what.

Hi Sam, yes drinking will take away everything you cherish, love and value. I have that tattoo on the inside back of my skull.

Sobersophie, thanks for cheering us on down the sober road to freedom.

I'm getting along with sobriety thank you very much. I looks good on me It looks good on you too .

Dee, good to see your getting along there as you have it, Carry on

Easy Does It - First Things First - Keep It Simple Stupid - One Day At A Time
Work It Because You Are Worth It

Make it a manageable day you beautiful peeps.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Dee74 Suggested Temporary Thanks Button (Smiley Below)

Old 01-03-2023, 07:40 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hello class of January 2023 from class of January 2022. Let this be your year for sobriety.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all day 2 for me hopefully I can stick with it this time. Congrats on all your sober days.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:56 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 2 is wonderful, dear Misstqueent!! ❤️
Old 01-03-2023, 09:18 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
Good morning, class!

Looking forward to a bright, cold day of work. I sing to myself as I walk through the snow - I'm sure people think I'm a little strange, but it helps keep me centered and positive. There's a hymn from my youth that I've come back around to:

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, O Lord. Take not your holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10-12.

You can fill-in-the-blank with the HP of your understanding, and it's a lovely 7th Step prayer!

Currently, I'm re-working the Steps using Herb K.'s "12 Steps to a Spiritual Awakening" on YouTube. It is wonderful, with a tremendous focus on prayer (talking to HP), meditation (listening to HP), and contemplation (marveling quietly in the presence of HP). Life changing for this constantly brain-chattering girl. The series is free to watch, with worksheets that can be printed, lovely spiritual exercises, and reading assignments. This focus on coming into relationship with God keeps me sober, positive, and new.

For me, recovery is NOT just about the cessation of detrimental behavior, it's about the creation/re-connection of something beautiful. Desire for this connection to power and peace motivates choices that allow me to grow and flourish and accept life as it rolls under me.

God created me to be a river - flowing, raging, cutting a path.
Addiction built a dam that turned that river into a still, shallow, stagnant pool.
Recovery tears down the dam so that God's will for me can flow through the world.
Where will I go? What will I accomplish? Life is the adventure of finding out!!!
How could I ever dream of returning to stagnancy?

Have a beautiful Tuesday, all!
-TC
I LOVE this, TC! Thank you for putting sobriety in that perspective. I’m actually really excited to see what I accomplish going forward. It’s exciting! God gave me so many gifts, and it’s time I start using them.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:47 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Looks like my op is in morning if they can find me a bed 😌 more scared of my blood work than the pain of the op
Old 01-03-2023, 10:02 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Takeaction, I'm glad you're doing well.

Misstqueent, good job on Day 2. Onward!

Strawberry, you will be proud of yourself and your kids will be proud of you, too.

JustTony, I'm glad to hear you're on Day 3.

Welcome, Ashlay. You will find lots of support here.