Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-07-2023, 07:49 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chancellor View Post
Start of Day 12 here in Canada. Today I have an important meeting which was one of my reasons pushing my sobriety because I want to crush it. I feel very prepared which I would not be if I had been drinking. I'm under the weather a touch and still not sleeping that well but neither of those can touch the feeling of knowing I did not let alcohol affect how I am walking into today. Happy Saturday morning everyone, cheers to crushing it!
All the best for your meeting, dear Chancellor! ❤️
Old 01-07-2023, 07:51 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I love your take as well, dear Zen—that is really beautiful, the idea of nurturing our fear like a baby in our arms. ❤️

Love and Happy Saturday to all of you: onward together.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:14 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Well doctor came and said bloods are back and can go home? So I guess they’re ok? Or will I get something thought the post ? Any ideas uk people? My anexity is high
Old 01-07-2023, 09:24 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

If the blood results are in, the doctor should tell you the results, love, rather than just that they are back.
Please try not to worry. s ❤️
Old 01-07-2023, 12:59 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday, SR!

Busy Saturday today! I had my dance class, adopted a puppy 😬, and did some shopping. I won’t be able to get the little one until next week, but I’m excited/nervous! I’m a dog mom already but my little dog needed a buddy. Hoping I didn’t make a bad decision.

I also FINALLY took down my Christmas tree 😆

I hope you all are having an amazing day!

Committed to another sober weekend on day 32.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:02 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is a wonderful move to get a companion for your dog. ❤️
Old 01-07-2023, 01:54 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Takeaction, I hope your puppy and your dog will be best buddies. Is it a small dog? It's so exciting to bring a new critter home.

Strawberry, doctors are not always good at communicating. But, he's told you that you can go home, so don't worry.

Chancellor, I hope your meeting went well today.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:23 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Well doctor came and said bloods are back and can go home? So I guess they’re ok? Or will I get something thought the post ? Any ideas uk people? My anexity is high
Blood results are a bunch of words and numbers that us layman wouldn't generally understand so I'm not sure you'd get them given to you? Maybe they will be sent back to your GP?
But if the Dr says you're are all good then you should be fine?
Old 01-07-2023, 02:24 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

How are you, dear Red? ❤️
Old 01-07-2023, 02:28 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi strawberry
not sure if its the same in the UK but here in Aus my doctor would just say everything is fine - if its not, then he or she would go through it.
Consider it a lucky break to quit now when things are pretty good rather than keeping drinking and you damage yourself more?
D

Old 01-07-2023, 06:38 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Chancellor, I hope your meeting went well today.
Anna thank you so much for the mention. It went outstanding. I wanted to crush it and apparently I did. Onto new ventures! Happily home and celebrating alcohol free.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:20 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Thank you for everyone’s replies 💕 I have a week sober. The vivid dreams continue, waking up in sweats. I stayed busy with chores today. Still feeling the trauma is very fresh. That could have something to do with my sleep being awful this week. I just want to move out of town and start fresh honestly. I will visit my parents tomorrow although my whole family is furious with me right now.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:44 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

got some sleep in my own bed last night . Woke up in pain but refreshed . Enjoying coffee in bed. Still worried about my blood tests but I guess if they were really bad they would have told me.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:09 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day 8

Well, it always feels good to chalk off the first week I guess? The AV is particularly strong on a Friday and Saturday night no matter how determined you are in early recovery. He whispers "you've done well - you've worked hard this week. You deserve a treat." It is particularly hard when you live in a society that doesn't seem to know the meaning of fun unless it is some kind of get together that involves alcohol. But I got through it - it wasn't hard apart from about a 90 second period where the AV just wouldn't let go.

Anyhow - overall I am feeling pretty good. I have walked anywhere between 3.5 and 7 miles daily and gone to the gym to workout on weights twice as well. I've lost 6 pounds (nearly 3 kilos) already - but I guess that is what you get when you don't sink 2,500 empty calories a night? Not bad for 7 days.

JT
Old 01-08-2023, 03:42 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

JustTony I am on day 8 as well , Friday and Saturday nights are not different for me from any other night because i drank every day , i didn't wait for the night and it didn't matter what day it was
Old 01-08-2023, 03:50 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 98. 14 weeks since 10/2/22. At 62 that was my last day one. I have no more in me.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:02 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Good morning folks,
. I'm just having my morning coffee with my best friend, my cat. She's such a good little creature.

My SIL made a delicious Korean dinner last night which I thoroughly enjoyed with family, not being preoccupied with leaving so I could drink.

Tough Choices- it's wonderful that you and spouse have such a good bond. The work you are doing will just strengthen that.
Bobbie- I was very glad to read of your similar experience. Asking God to take our problems and having faith that he will do it, helps with the faith that we have in ourselves too. If that makes sense.
Tony- nice work on getting a week behind you.
Yep, not taking in an extra person's worth of calories in booze really helps with the weight loss!
I've started losing a few pounds too.

Well, have a good sober day All!
Old 01-08-2023, 05:22 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Beautiful Sunday!

Plans are for church with my family this morning and a bit of shopping after. I made pork Chile verde with homemade tortillas yesterday, and the leftovers will be even better today! Looking forward to completing some chores, getting a nap, and going to my regular Sunday night AA meeting this evening.

My youngest son played his first club basketball game yesterday, and it was a joy to watch! His little 7 year-old team is adorable (and good!). I am an embarrassingly loud cheerer.

We watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy with the kids over the holidays, and my little one LOVED it. But Sméagol scared him (and the orcs are scary, too), so I slept with him last night and we talked about how brave the little hobbits were to take on such terrifying adventures. Kids can be good and brave, too. I told him that God might use him for something hard, and I know that he could do it. No nightmares!

Surrounded by good love. God, help me give more than I’ve been given!

I’m glad to read of everyone’s continued efforts and commitment. Substances are a stand-in for the bounty of honest work, real friendship, loving family, and jaw-dropping nature. You were made for more than the illusion of freedom and beauty. You can do hard (worth it) things!

Old 01-08-2023, 06:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Tony
at least I’m living and not lying in bed unconscious.
I keep that in mind myself. The throbbing head, toss and turn all night sweaty. Lay in bed sick not wanting to face the day. Finally get up at mid day sweating non-stop. cant eat, No mood to talk to friends/family, isolate in my dark abode waiting to get well enough to start the whole sad cycle again. WOW! Sobriety is worth working at.

Crush It Chancellor!!!!!

Basset
Today I am taking my wife to a Broadway production that’s coming to our city. I’m excited to take her.
Outstanding!
Sis and me want to go to a art museum. It's my job of arranging it and I'm lagging on the job. Got to just work it.

Sam
I'm definitely on my way to a completely sober life, I believe in it now. No turning back.
That's worth repeating 200 or so times upon waking each day. I just drum it into my head the the drinking/drug option has been taken away. Its life on life's terms for here on out for me and you. Drinking is a dongen that we are free from.

TC
When I get anxious I meditate - it forces me to calm my breath and focus on the sensations around me (soft carpet, cool room, cotton shirt). This tends to quiet my mind a touch, and continued practice puts me in a place of "availability" so that I can hear myself and my HP.
Focus on the senses. I feel the weight of my body sitting on a chair. The room temperature on my skin. The ambient sounds, the light, to feel in place with all I feel around me. Not judging, no contemplating, just experiencing with a clear mind I form a grounded connection to all that's around me. To be one with all. Not separate but together with all I am never alone. I'm not an ego bag! You and me are one. Loving you means I love me, Nice that way.

I'm sober on another wonder filled day ahead. So I got to get after that. Off to worky-work here at the home front.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:41 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Gollum scared me, too, dear TC

Love and good morning, and congrats on all of your sober days!! ❤️