Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 1

Old 01-11-2023, 04:14 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Thanks Chancellor for your support. It means a lot.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:33 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Bassett-funny on the random Air Fryer arrival!

So, I wanted to share this. I had a client dinner tonight, first outing to test my newfound resolve. I honestly wasn't too concerned that I would cave and order a drink--but part of me was worried but I absolutely had no problem.

I had a great time! I could concentrate on the food, the company, and just the whole experience.

Outside of the waitress looking at me funny when I told her to ask the bartender to make me a mocktail it was no big deal. And even that I chalk up to her being new.

I missed out on absolutely nothing. What a great experience.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:26 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

Runner, 100 days is fantastic.

Sam, I'm really glad your client dinner went so well.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:29 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Well done Sam! I bet that mocktail tasted a heck of a lot better than the poisoned version.

Sounds like I need to start researching air fryer recipes!
Old 01-11-2023, 06:56 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi everybody!

I always wanted a deep fryer for chicken. I can make a wicked chili in a slow cooker No air fry yet. LOL

Keep working it, helping each other and forward we go sober and brave.
Old 01-12-2023, 01:48 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Anna thank you for the recognition and support. You are always so encouraging and kind.

Pledging for today. Day 102.

Tough business issues to deal with today with the other owners. Multi generational issues are the bane of small businesses. It is what can make them successful for long periods of time but it also what can “kill the golden goose “ unless people put aside petty conflicts in order to preserve the greater good. I will do my best to put the greater good first for the younger generation and all of our fellow workers. We will see how it goes.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:29 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

My daughter got me an air fryer a few years ago.
I really didn't want one as I don't have much counter space.
I've made chicken wings in it which do come out awesome. Also I make really great green fried tomatoes in it.
But otherwise it sits in a closet mostly.

I pledge another alcohol free day.
My best to everyone!
Old 01-12-2023, 03:45 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Good morning! I have a follow-up primary care doc appointment this morning. She wants to check my blood pressure again, was quite elevated at my visit a month ago. See if nine days alcohol free lowers it a bit. Was a time years ago when 110/70 was high for me!!!

Quitzilla app shows I’ve saved $100+ from not buying wine. I’m saving for an electric wok.
Stay safe and sober today, my super classmates ✅
Old 01-12-2023, 04:18 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Happy Thursday from the snow-swept prairie!

Today will be my first solo mail delivery day in deep snow, so it'll be an intense workout of the body and mind. Yesterday I carried an all-walking route for 9 hours. It's easier to take on the challenges when I focus on how blessed I am to be physically ABLE to do this. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude (esp. when it's hard). I, truly, had NO IDEA how much physical activity postal workers devote to their craft (or how blistered and bleeding their feet can be). My fitness tracker said that I burned over 3,000 calories yesterday!

It is good to be busy and useful. It is good to work hard and help others. I am enjoying learning and meeting new people, and I'm grateful to my recovery program for giving me tools to deal with stress. They told me that everybody cries in the beginning, but I haven't even been close (yet!). We shall see.

JulySeaCoast: $100! You'll be stir-frying in no time! Way to go!

Runner: I think you have the right attitude for your business meeting. It can be very difficult to put the needs of others above our own, or to humble our opinion of our opinion. All will be well.

Basset: Glad that you're staying the course! Our oven has an "air fry" feature that we use often for chicken strips or onion rings. It's faster and crispier than baking. Worth it!

Zenith: You are always cooking up delicious things! Food tastes better with full awareness and uninhibited tastebuds.

Samwitch: Way to go on the business meeting over dinner/drinks! Those wins can strengthen your resolve. You are missing NOTHING but pain.

Zencat: Hope your class is going well, and you're having fun! Keep up the good work!

Take care, all!
-TC
Old 01-12-2023, 04:24 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JulySeaCoast View Post
Good morning! I have a follow-up primary care doc appointment this morning. She wants to check my blood pressure again, was quite elevated at my visit a month ago. See if nine days alcohol free lowers it a bit. Was a time years ago when 110/70 was high for me!!!

Quitzilla app shows I’ve saved $100+ from not buying wine. I’m saving for an electric wok.
Stay safe and sober today, my super classmates ✅
Justseacoast

Definitely giving up that alcohol makes a difference it certainly did for me. I had gone 140/90 on the verge of medication but theres no need now, all back to normal. Also no reflux, no night sweats, no snoring and getting punched in the back anymore for me .
Congratulations on 9 days.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:45 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

JSC.
. I have high B/P and I check it in the morning.
When I was drinking, it was really scary high in mornings, like 160/105.
Since I quit a month ago, it's been going down.
134/84 this morning.
It doesn't make me a triathlete,
But I probably won't stroke out today!

TC-,
That's an amazing amount of activity!
How heavy is that bag?
You may want to alternate shoulders to balance things out.
That's my Industrial Engineer schooling talking.
But I do bet that activity is releasing a lot of endorphins and bringing you lots of positive feelings.
Have a good day friends!

​​​​​
Old 01-12-2023, 05:48 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Wishing everyone a good morning/afternoon/evening. ❤️
Old 01-12-2023, 06:03 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!
Happy to wake up this morning sober and refreshed, after a good night's sleep. I did have some coffee after dinner last night but that didn't seem to interfere with my sleep, actually alcohol certainly messed it up much worse in the past. Funny how we don't hear much about that in the media, isn't it a fallacy that alcohol "helps" sleep? Hardly.

Once again, looks like everyone is doing well, so happy for my fellow classmates.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:15 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great morning, Sam!

Good morning all! I too woke up sober and ready to take on the day. Puppy life has been a little challenging but it’s definitely keeping me busy! Committing myself to another sober Day on day 37.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:23 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

That’s a cool job, TC! And thanks to you, Z boy, and AL.
Oh yes, AL, the awful reflex. I tricked myself into thinking that taking Prilosec for years was great protection against all that wine. Gross. Waking up to that horrible throw up feeling in the middle of the night, that NASTY taste in my mouth then coughing that crap out of my lungs for an hour.
I’m sorry for being gross

Playing the tape backward is good for me too.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:41 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Toughchoices thank you for your thoughts and support. They are deeply appreciated.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:53 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon to all.
We buried my mother-in-law yesterday. It was a somber affair, but her passing also seemed to bring some healing to relationships inside of the family. Or at least they were put aside for the day.

I get the granddaughters for the weekend and I am very excited about that.

Sam, sober sleep is the best sleep.

Have a great Thursday, sober people!
"I got 99 problems, but getting sober solved like 92 of them."
Day 95
Old 01-12-2023, 06:58 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Love the quote Bobbie.

Here's hoping for continued healing for the family.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:56 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Bobbie - I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Takeaction - Puppies are most definitely a handful. They are also super adorable though. I hope your pup gets potty trained quickly!

Toughchoices - Hope you stay warm today. I love your positive perspective. Hope things go well today!

Day 8 for me. Had a good night’s sleep. Sober sleep is definitely much better than passing out. I’ve been trying to set aside 1 hour after the kids go to bed to attend online meetings. The AA meeting I attended last night wasn’t great so I hopped over to a SMART meeting. That meeting was very good. I love the convenience of these online meetings.

Chilly, rainy day here but unseasonably warm for this time of year where I live so I’ll take it.

Hope everyone has a great day. If anyone is struggling today, please reach out.

I am committed to 24 more. I won’t pick up that 1st drink today.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:23 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Evening all - nice to read everyone doing well.

I’ve decided I’m not going to count the days. I’m waking up and telling myself I won’t drink and trying to be mindful about the triggers to my drinking habits and what I can do instead of getting drunk.

this week I’ve focused on doing essentials when I get home from work and getting back out to do some exercise. It’s really helped especially with the insomnia.

feeling positive and proud I’ve made the decision to quit again .

wishing everyone well