View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 02:47 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Red78

Morning of day 2, not hungover as such but not feeling right, not sure if it's the alcohol intoxication or withdrawal but it doesn't really matter because the bottom line is that it's alcohol..
We are packing up today to go to the beach for the weekend with the kids, mainly adult kids now. Weather's not gonna be great but that's OK, no drinking for me which is fine as I'm not keen to get drunk in front of the step kids as I'm realising how gross that is..

Best thing about today is waking up sober, I've said it lots before and it will always be my favourite thing about sobriety.
I'm struggling to come to terms with some anxiety and shame from drinking the other night, I called out someone who had been drinking and taking cocaine and was about to drive his gf home to a different town, it caused quite a bit of grief and I didn't back down, the gf and my bf got angry with me, they were both very drunk too and were denying the guy had been drinking or taking drugs even though I knew as I caught him several times taking the coke.. I can't remember everything but I do know my neighbour whose bday it was came to our house after and was worried about my bfs behaviour towards me, so I know I can't have been as bad as my brain might be imagining but when you can't remember everything its a nightmare wrestle with feeling ashamed and anxiety for something you don't know whether it was bad or not..
The best thing is just to stay sober..
​​​​​​