Class of March 2020 Part 3

Old 04-12-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thank you honey. ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
I have used Kava in the past for anxiety and it does seem to work. I haven’t tried the tea but will have to look for it. Anyone else have any dealings with Kava?
I have experience with the Pacific Islanders Kava - tastes like dirty water and is intoxicating.

Never tried the tea but it's a hard pass from me.

D
Old 04-12-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
What happens in time is that we forgive ourselves Be. I know that is my experience. s xx ❤️
I think forgiving ourselves is key, Not forgetting but forgiving.

It takes time but I accepted I was not the same person who did those things.

I worked out pretty early if I couldn't let go of what happened and kept beating myself up over it, I was in danger of a drink again.

D
Old 04-12-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
This is really good to read, thanks Be. I’m pretty sure there’s a link between sugar and alcohol cravings. Problem now is, there’s soooo much chocolate in the house! Only 3 people live here, but we all bought a heap of chocolate for Easter.... And I’ve already eaten some this morning (it’s 9am Monday here), so it will be interesting to see what my anxiety is like today and what the AV does today. Yesterday it was out of control..... but thanks to you guys, I didn’t cave into it and I did make my 6 weeks sober
We also have too much chocolate in the house. I had a piece today and was in a blah mood for awhile. Carne Asada, whole grain rice, and salad sure hit the spot, so I am good now.

I have also read warnings about Kava and your liver so I have stayed away from that.

It was a pretty boring day, other than me dusting my back yard for fire ants. Those babies hurt when they sting.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I have experience with the Pacific Islanders Kava - tastes like dirty water and is intoxicating.

Never tried the tea but it's a hard pass from me.

D
I have read about the real version of Kava Kava from down under and would have to pass as well. The one I took was in pill form from the health food store, lol. Sometimes you have to watch what you buy even there.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think forgiving ourselves is key, Not forgetting but forgiving.

It takes time but I accepted I was not the same person who did those things.

I worked out pretty early if I couldn't let go of what happened and kept beating myself up over it, I was in danger of a drink again.

D
I feel exactly the same way. Every word. ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 05:57 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I tried the real Pacific Island kava too, like Dee said it tasted like muddy water and was intoxicating. It made my lips numb. I didn’t like it at all and wouldn’t touch it again.

I’m working on forgiveness too. I have to journal when I feel I’ve let people down. Homework from the therapist.... I just had a big cry writing stuff down this morning about my Mum in her later years
But I know I have to learn to forgive myself somehow, because the sadness and anxiety are major triggers for me to want to drink.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Perhaps it may help to know that part of forgiveness is time.

7 odd years ago (when I joined SR), I could not have imagined forgiving myself for the things that I did in my drinking years.

Every day sober makes a difference. Life on a different level as the people we wanted to be (and truly are) changes us.....we begin to like and love ourselves. We begin to be able to look back with love to the 'us' who caused harm because we were ill and not behaving as ourselves. xxx
Old 04-12-2020, 06:48 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze I’ve got lots of stuff to forgive myself for. I just made myself so sad writing some of it down, but I feel a little lighter for having written it... xxx

It’s a beautiful day here, I think I’ll go outside and take some pics in my garden
Old 04-12-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Morning all. Had a great sleep and look forward to the day.

Im going to try to manage my anxiety today through action. Mindfulness; go for a walk; porridge. Then something nutritious for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day and moves slowly towards self forgiveness
Old 04-13-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Morning everyone took me a while to get to sleep last night, racing brain caused by too much chocolate and too many episodes of prison break i think ha ha.
Had sleep in this morning, i love every morning with no hangover
Old 04-13-2020, 02:26 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good morning Be and Tink
I’m on the tail end of my day, 7.30pm Monday night and I just did an online yoga class
I’m about to head off for a shower and an early night.
Have a great day
Good night everyone!
Old 04-13-2020, 03:06 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Night willow

Morning Tink. Sleep is SO important, I've done 10 years at least never sleeping properly, anything is welcome.

Waking up sober and going to bed sober is lush. Worth any difficulties in the middle bit ....
Old 04-13-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Strong AV attack again this morning. Just reminding myself of all the reasons I don't want to drink. I know the AV will get quieter in time.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Morning freedom my av is pretty bad right now too, giving me the 'a glass of wine would be nice, you done deserve it, its bank holiday monday, relax etc etc ' im not giving in though no way. I want 30 days tomorrow
Old 04-13-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Strong AV attack again this morning. Just reminding myself of all the reasons I don't want to drink. I know the AV will get quieter in time.
Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Morning freedom my av is pretty bad right now too, giving me the 'a glass of wine would be nice, you done deserve it, its bank holiday monday, relax etc etc ' im not giving in though no way. I want 30 days tomorrow
But we can't have just one glass of wine..... s
It is a lie the AV will tell over and over...just tell her she wants one, and then we can drink 3 bottles.....woo hoo......who cares about tomorrow.....who cares about consequences.....

We do. We all do. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-13-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Morning all. Had a great sleep and look forward to the day.

Im going to try to manage my anxiety today through action. Mindfulness; go for a walk; porridge. Then something nutritious for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day and moves slowly towards self forgiveness
I am doing the same thing dear Be. s

And I love porridge. British parents. So I grew up with all the brit traditions. Yorkshire Pudding is my fav....if only I could cook a roast, I would make some.

❤️
Old 04-13-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Porridge cures my anxiety

There - I've said it. There is no science behind it or anything else...it's just two days in a row I've felt completely serene all morning! The walking and mindfulness probably help. But I'm putting it all down to porridge 😂
Old 04-13-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Porridge does that for me too.....thank you for the reminder....I am getting my Uncle Tobys quick oats....which flavour shall I have? s xx
Old 04-13-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

The only thing I know about porridge is from Goldilocks and the Three Bears, lol.

Today's theme so far is brain fog, even with caffeine. I put on some classic rock (Yes) to see if that will stimulate me more while I work. I have read where you have these days, but this is the first time so far.