Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 3

Old 04-15-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning all
Haven't posted for a while so thought I would check in, hey to Bilr, Willow, Tink, FF, VC and Dee, not sure who else is around. Hope you guys are doing well today. Just over 6 weeks for me, have had a few struggles just in the occasional day mourning the loss of drink in certain situations, eg. A beautiful sunny day sitting in the garden. Stupid right? I don't think I realised how many parts of my life were defined by how much I could get away with drinking.
Hey ho, I am still here, hopng it will get easier, but still very glad to be sober ❤️
Love to all x
Old 04-15-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi Billymac
Yeah I know what you mean, I sometimes have those nostalgic feelings about drinking, but when you take the rose tinted glasses off, the underlying reality is that alcohol was controlling our lives, and any romantic notions otherwise were illusions. Well for me anyway. But I still sometimes wistfully wish I was a “normal” drinker. But the reality is that I generally drank too much. So I’m better off having none. Hard as it is to not drink at all, it’s even harder to control if I drink any.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Good morning everyone

Be, I don’t think it’s selfish to enjoy lockdown. I’m enjoying it too. I prefer staying home. And like Tink, I’m enjoying a simpler life

I’m on day 46 today. Made it through 2 days of a screaming AV, hopefully today’s a better day.

Bil I’ll bet your kids will be very proud of you

Freedom, how’re you going? What did you do with the vodka?
Well done on day 46 willow, i think your really strong to get through past couple days.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Morning willow, glad you got through last couple of days. Keep your guard up, but also enjoy the times the AV is absent (I find that really helpful, to acknowledge that most of the time the AV isn't noisy. It makes the times that it is seem more short term).

I hope you're ok Freedom. I'm concerned you drank those vodkas (what is a 'noggin' btw?)

Im going to carry on shifting sand today, then having a 'beach' day with kids in back garden (due to the abundance of sand, obviously!). Have a good one everyone

7 weeks today for me

7 weeks is brilliant well done Be
Old 04-16-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Morning all
Haven't posted for a while so thought I would check in, hey to Bilr, Willow, Tink, FF, VC and Dee, not sure who else is around. Hope you guys are doing well today. Just over 6 weeks for me, have had a few struggles just in the occasional day mourning the loss of drink in certain situations, eg. A beautiful sunny day sitting in the garden. Stupid right? I don't think I realised how many parts of my life were defined by how much I could get away with drinking.
Hey ho, I am still here, hopng it will get easier, but still very glad to be sober ❤️
Love to all x
Hi Billymac well done on 6 weeks.
I know what you mean i still get the 'glass of wine right now would be lovely' thought. Only the reality would be so different as i can't drink 'normally'. But im realising the things i thought were nice because i had alcohol, were actually just nice in themselves eg sitting in garden. The alcohol in fact just ended up spoiling things.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
I know what you mean i still get the 'glass of wine right now would be lovely' thought. Only the reality would be so different as i can't drink 'normally'. But im realising the things i thought were nice because i had alcohol, were actually just nice in themselves eg sitting in garden. The alcohol in fact just ended up spoiling things.
That’s such a great realisation Tink, that things were nice anyway and alcohol actually spoiled them. Really great
Old 04-16-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
That's so true, it's like re educating your whole perceptions of what alcohol did for you. I guess the challenge is feeling as though you are starting everything from scratch in a way. I can't argue with the positives though, will just keep taking things a day at a time
Thanks guys 🤗😊
Old 04-16-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Morning willow, glad you got through last couple of days. Keep your guard up, but also enjoy the times the AV is absent (I find that really helpful, to acknowledge that most of the time the AV isn't noisy. It makes the times that it is seem more short term).

I hope you're ok Freedom. I'm concerned you drank those vodkas (what is a 'noggin' btw?)

Im going to carry on shifting sand today, then having a 'beach' day with kids in back garden (due to the abundance of sand, obviously!). Have a good one everyone

7 weeks today for me

Well done on 7 weeks Be 😊 x
Old 04-16-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Congrats on your awesome milestones guys!!!

Old 04-16-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Welcome back Billy and congrats to you! Actually congrats to everyone for remaining as strong as possible.

Freedom, I hope your poured the vodka down the drain. If not, you should still come back here for day one.

Well, off to my WebEx nightmare of work, lol.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

Ive been rewarded with feeling really low today, and incredibly anxious. Trying not to think thoughts of impending and certain doom - loneliness, sadness, family breakdown, destitution etc etc etc

Hahaha when I write it down it sounds so cheery - it will pass I know
Old 04-16-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Destitution? How did that one get on the list.

It's going to be so much better than all of that dear Be and you don't need to concentrate on that stuff now. s xx
Old 04-16-2020, 09:48 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

God this is unbearable. We did stuff with the kids today on a beach theme, based on a place we always went on holiday. I also went as a kid. Knowing this won't happen again as a family is breaking me.

im sorry for going on but I've got nobody to talk to and am in floods of tears and don't really know the point of this anymore. I really don't want anyone to tell me about the future or it being better because I'm hurting and broken and just want out
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Oh love. I am cyber hugging you as hard as I can. s xx

The point of going on is for you and your kids and your future. No matter what, you are their dad and they need you. They need you to help them get thru this pandemic, and they will never forget you being so present in all of this. s

I know your heart is broken. I can hear how much pain you are in.

But what do you want out of? You want out of the pain. Of course you do.
Unfortunately drinking wouldn't do that for you.
What it would do is get you thrown out of your house in the middle of this virus. And it would horrify your kids.

Pain doesn't last, but good decisions have consequences that last forever.
Every time we make the right choice, no matter how hard it is, we feel a bit stronger, a bit prouder and a bit more able to believe that we can handle anything....as long as we do it sober. s xx ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 04-16-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

God this is unbearable. We did stuff with the kids today on a beach theme, based on a place we always went on holiday. I also went as a kid. Knowing this won't happen again as a family is breaking me.

im sorry for going on but I've got nobody to talk to and am in floods of tears and don't really know the point of this anymore. I really don't want anyone to tell me about the future or it being better because I'm hurting and broken and just want out
BE, regardless of what happens between you and your wife, your kids still need you there as a strong father. I’m sure they would rather you be sober going forward and not half there which drinking would make it. I remember being pretty heartbroken as well when my wife wanted to separate. I was also sober when this happened but it broke me. If it happened again I would rather to have remained sober but we can’t change our past. I know things really suck now, trust me. But you WILL get through this.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

As awful as it is for you to have gone through that separation Bil, I feel like it is some kind of miracle that you and Be landed in the same class thread here....it's as if you came to help. s

I hope you let Bil help you dear Be....he has been through all of this. s xxxx
(And he is very wise ❤️).
Old 04-16-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
As awful as it is for you to have gone through that separation Bil, I feel like it is some kind of miracle that you and Be landed in the same class thread here....it's as if you came to help. s

I hope you let Bil help you dear Be....he has been through all of this. s xxxx
(And he is very wise ❤️).
older hopefully wiser. My children were probably around 10 and 12 back then. It took my empathy away for a while which the drinking and popping Valium made worse. Don’t be like I was would be my motto.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Thanks Bilr and Venus. I'm not going to drink, it really doesn't enter my head. I'm just stuck feeling crap and nothing I can do with it
Old 04-16-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Sorry your feeling rubbish Be, i won't tell you 'everything will woke out for the best etc' as at times i used to want to punch ppl who said that to me. But i am thinking of you and hope your ok.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I am the same.....drives me nuts when people say that.
But in time, no matter what, we can be OK.
We get through stuff and out the other side. s xx ❤️