Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 3

Old 04-14-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I just signed up for an online yoga class that starts in half an hour to distract me from the AV and the vintage wine in my partner’s wine rack. I really don’t feel like doing online yoga right now, but you’re right about being idle Freedom. Especially being really sad and idle. The AV is screaming. Hopefully an hour of yoga will quieten it down...
Old 04-14-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Well I made it through yesterday despite my AV. Day 34 now. Just back from a run. Part of living a balanced life - SMART Topic 4.

I think a big problem with me is my days are so empty and drinking seems like an easy way to fill time. Going to try and do a lot of activities today and keep busy. The devil makes work for idle thumbs.
Morning Freedom, well done for getting through yesterday. Day 34 is well good! You are living each moment but I've got to say, as someone reading your messages, you sound like you are very slowly on the way up. Today you're going for a proactive approach which is cool.

Truth is this lockdown is beginning to wear a bit thin on me too. Lots of time and not enough to do: but at least I can work hard on myself and sobriety.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Well done Freedom on 34 days, that’s great.

I did half the class, and couldn’t be bothered with finishing it. I think I’ll have a shower and go to bed. It’s only 6.30pm but I’m mentally exhausted
Old 04-15-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Bought two naggins of vodka. Had a sip and realized I really don't want to drink them

What a waste of €17 including the coke. Oh well. I can give them to my mother.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Bought two naggins of vodka. Had a sip and realized I really don't want to drink them

What a waste of €17 including the coke. Oh well. I can give them to my mother.
That money won't be a waste of you pour them away. My logic is that if you drink them you'll end up spending WAY more on more booze.

Dont give them to mum, pour them down the sink
Old 04-15-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi freedom good on realising you dont want them, get rid of them, and stay sober and that will be money well spent on reinforcing you want to be sober and a reminder not to buy anymore.

Hope your ok willow been thinking about you hope you get some rest.

Hi Be, Bil, Venus hope your all ok
Old 04-15-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks Tink I’m ok,sad but still sober, in bed now.

I agree Freedom, it’s good you realised you don’t want the vodka, now get rid of it as soon as you can, whether you give it to your Mum or get rid of it another way, you don’t want it near you.

Good night everyone, thanks for the support today.
I made it through day 45 by the skin of my teeth.
I will be glad to wake up sober tomorrow x
Old 04-15-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Just waking up here. Freedom, the money you lost will be nothing compared to having to go through withdrawals again. You have come so far, just dump the liquor. You will be very happy you did.

Good night Willow, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom - how you doing?
Old 04-15-2020, 11:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Shifted 1.5 tonnes of sand from front drive to back of garden. Also broke my best kitchen knife cutting a frozen bit of garlic bread, which cut my finger.

Went for two walks. One was to check on my parents.

A day in the life of a sober person on lockdown!

I hope you slept well willow and the grieving process does not throw you off course.

I hope you're alright Freedom.

Tink, Bilr, have a nice evening
Old 04-15-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks Be. Not done much today (not that can do much anyday atm ha ha), went for walk, sat in garden and read, now have sunburnt arms !! I've got hooked on prison break while in lockdown so watching couple episodes then off to bed. I'm actually enjoying this simple life.

Hope everyone is ok.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Thanks Be. Not done much today (not that can do much anyday atm ha ha), went for walk, sat in garden and read, now have sunburnt arms !! I've got hooked on prison break while in lockdown so watching couple episodes then off to bed. I'm actually enjoying this simple life.

Hope everyone is ok.
(I love the lockdown! I don't love the virus because of the harm it's doing and the fear people have over it, but being on lockdown with my family is my idea of heaven)
Old 04-15-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post

(I love the lockdown! I don't love the virus because of the harm it's doing and the fear people have over it, but being on lockdown with my family is my idea of heaven)
My kids are grown and both live in Florida. My daughter works and my son is a senior in college. He is also working so staying there for now. He might be headed this way after classes are done. If not I’d like to make a road trip to a Florida, pandemic permitting. It is too long a drive (20 hours) so hopefully things ease up this summer. I haven’t told them I quit drinking.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
My kids are grown and both live in Florida. My daughter works and my son is a senior in college. He is also working so staying there for now. He might be headed this way after classes are done. If not I’d like to make a road trip to a Florida, pandemic permitting. It is too long a drive (20 hours) so hopefully things ease up this summer. I haven’t told them I quit drinking.
Ah bet they will be so proud of you when they see you
Old 04-15-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Its selfish of me to enjoy the lockdown when other people are not so fortunate. Great surprise for your kids, I hope they're chuffed for you!
Old 04-15-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I don't think it's selfish at all. It's a breath of fresh air actually. And I am not complaining either. s ❤️
Old 04-15-2020, 01:19 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Yeah, I didn’t view it as selfish either. I was just making conversation about my kids. Pandemic or not, I don’t see them as much as I’d like. Some people look forward to the day their kids move out. I could have them live with me forever, lol.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

Be, I don’t think it’s selfish to enjoy lockdown. I’m enjoying it too. I prefer staying home. And like Tink, I’m enjoying a simpler life

I’m on day 46 today. Made it through 2 days of a screaming AV, hopefully today’s a better day.

Bil I’ll bet your kids will be very proud of you

Freedom, how’re you going? What did you do with the vodka?
Old 04-15-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Morning willow, glad you got through last couple of days. Keep your guard up, but also enjoy the times the AV is absent (I find that really helpful, to acknowledge that most of the time the AV isn't noisy. It makes the times that it is seem more short term).

I hope you're ok Freedom. I'm concerned you drank those vodkas (what is a 'noggin' btw?)

Im going to carry on shifting sand today, then having a 'beach' day with kids in back garden (due to the abundance of sand, obviously!). Have a good one everyone

7 weeks today for me

Old 04-15-2020, 11:08 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 weeks Be
Have fun playing in the sand with the kids