Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 3

Old 04-03-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2020 Part 3

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-20.html (Class of March 2020 Part Two)

D
Old 04-03-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 04-03-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work on 19 days tink. I remember you saying three weeks was the time that in the past you have fallen off the sober bus...got any plans in place to protect yourself for the next ten days?

Stying away from places selling booze seems a good start!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Day 22 here. AV very quiet. But I've put all my money away where I can't access it. So there's not much my AV can do.

Going to start working through SMART materials. Want to be ready on April 14th when I'll have money again.
​​​​​​
Old 04-03-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just finished dinner and relaxing with a book. We’re going to do some house painting this weekend. We’ve been talking about it for a couple of years, and have the paint, so now seems a good time to do it
Old 04-03-2020, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

No house painting here, that's for sure. It's snowing again. Wish it would stop, I want to do some gardening! I'll just do some cleaning inside instead, the kids are coming back on Sunday.
Stay safe and healthy, guys!
Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Good work on 19 days tink. I remember you saying three weeks was the time that in the past you have fallen off the sober bus...got any plans in place to protect yourself for the next ten days?

Stying away from places selling booze seems a good start!
Yeah 3 weeks has been when I've drank past 2 months, but yes staying away from shops is a good start, also I'm losing weight and i know its vain but a good motivator and i don't know how to explain it but i finally have the feeling that i want to be sober more than i want to drink. And of course staying close to SR.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

“I want to be sober more than I want to drink “
This is fantastic Tink!
Old 04-03-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You stay safe too Lixie
Old 04-03-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks willow, i know its actually a really nice feeling
Old 04-03-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi guys
Been busy at work but still here 😊 day 33 and going strong (Willow and Bilr are we still on the same day?) hope everyone is doing okay, it looks like there are a couple of new faces since I last posted so hi to you all too!
Definitely had a mini reminisce on this sunny day about how I used to pour myself a nice glass of cava, followed by the whole bottle and more and was genuinely missing it for a moment. I'm glad to say though I'm with Tink on this one, I want to be sober more than I want to drink too I'm thankful for that, hope everyone is staying safe xx
🤗
Old 04-03-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

s to everyone.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
Hi guys
Been busy at work but still here 😊 day 33 and going strong (Willow and Bilr are we still on the same day?) hope everyone is doing okay, it looks like there are a couple of new faces since I last posted so hi to you all too!
Definitely had a mini reminisce on this sunny day about how I used to pour myself a nice glass of cava, followed by the whole bottle and more and was genuinely missing it for a moment. I'm glad to say though I'm with Tink on this one, I want to be sober more than I want to drink too I'm thankful for that, hope everyone is staying safe xx
🤗
Yes still going strong here. The funny thing is, knock on wood, I haven’t have cravings all week. I know that there will be “moments” in the future, but just taking it day by day. Have to remember this when I crave, one is too many, a thousand not enough.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Yes still going strong here. The funny thing is, knock on wood, I haven’t have cravings all week. I know that there will be “moments” in the future, but just taking it day by day. Have to remember this when I crave, one is too many, a thousand not enough.
I've had zero cravings since day one. Absolutely weird, I'd almost feel better if I was getting them as at least I'd know where I was at! Whenever I've given up for a period before they've been 24/7

Yesterday when I was driving my mind slipped to: if 'my wife does kick me out I'll get absolutely leathered won't that be great'. I shut the box on that as I don't feel like that, just a sneaky pop by my AV
Old 04-03-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post

I've had zero cravings since day one. Absolutely weird, I'd almost feel better if I was getting them as at least I'd know where I was at! Whenever I've given up for a period before they've been 24/7

Yesterday when I was driving my mind slipped to: if 'my wife does kick me out I'll get absolutely leathered won't that be great'. I shut the box on that as I don't feel like that, just a sneaky pop by my AV
I’ve had brief thoughts of “the world is going to ****, might as well drink” , but it wasn’t a very serious thought. This time also seems different than others as well. Not sure why but I feel done this time. Maybe old(er) and wiser, lol? Just love not being a slave to those demons anymore.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Gee that AV is ridiculous huh?
Cos that would solve everything.....not.
And with our current situation love, I see you and your wife getting a possible second chance here.....I mean, the world has literally turned upside down. Minds can be changed in all of this. s xx ❤️
Old 04-03-2020, 09:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok Venus , I've been holding back as I don't want to keep bleating on about the same thing! But it's on my mind and I hope you all do the favour of bearing with me (or just ignoring me whilst I rattle on).

So we've spoken a bit this week. She is resolute that we need to separate but has conceded that this may not be permanent. That to me is a huge step forward. She's cold to me still and that hurts me, not because I can't cope but because it's a constant reminder how much I've hurt such a sweet, gentle soul.

It's really hard to know where I stand. On one hand she's resolute and is adamant that the relationship
isn't saveable and she doesn't really want to save it. On the other she says she is confused; she hasn't planned anything practical to split up; and we get on fine (until I point that out and then she starts being off with me!!).

In terms of what I do know - until c19 is over we stay living together. I keep telling her the same thing - I will give her the space she needs...if that is permanent it will break my heart but I'll do everything to make it as painless as possible for her and kids. But I keep asking her to not close the door completely, let time do it's work. That's a pointless message as of course now she feels the way she does and probably can't imagine feeling different...but I believe with time we could work it out.

Im confused and hurting; I'm grateful for c19 and the continuity which is vital to my sobriety. I'm really working hard on myself which is cool because no matter what happens I need to be do that. I'm a bit worried that last few days I'm feeling low and a bit bored, I'm going to need to think of something new to take on to give me purpose for my time

I'm journaling daily, especially about anxieties/worries and I balance these with my hopes/best case scenario. Today I won't need to as it's all here
Old 04-03-2020, 09:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I hear you love. s

OK....confused is good, in my mind. Confused means not sure, not certain.
I think your wife may be at the stage where her heart and mind are not in the same place....if I was you, I would let her mind catch up.

As she sees you continue on this path while we are all stuck at home....and that is going to be at least two more months (I think).....she may well stop blocking the warm feelings that are not in line with the decision she made to end things.

I think that is what the coldness is about....not allowing herself to be warm and caring to you because well, all of the stuff you know. But that doesn't mean she isn't feeling caring....that hug last week....just perhaps it is all too confusing for her right now, as she said.

Just be you.....be this way, the awesome man you are being (so there is a perfect reason for staying sober right there) and you never know. By the time we come out of this virus you may not be separating. s xx ❤️
Old 04-03-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, you just made me cry a little bit
Old 04-03-2020, 09:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Maybe I can make you laugh too.....look at this.....unbelievable.