Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 3

Old 04-10-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi Venus, hope today is a better one for you. Same for you Bradley.

Bilr I am sure the full moon affects my family. A lot of sleeplessness for last few days.

Hope you're ok Willow & Tink

Ive started an anxiety diary. Been advised by my therapist to use it twice a day and to be strict with myself, go for it at those times and the rest of the day tell yourself to 'wait to worry' until those two times. I've realised a lot of my anxiety is a low, background hum with little substance to it, again maybe a side effect of early sobriety
Old 04-11-2020, 12:29 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning everyone day 27.

My anxiety is very up and down at moment Be one day fine then the next i feel consumed by it for no real reason then next day ok again. I think like you say could be our bodies/minds learning to be sober.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:53 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Morning everyone day 27.

My anxiety is very up and down at moment Be one day fine then the next i feel consumed by it for no real reason then next day ok again. I think like you say could be our bodies/minds learning to be sober.
Yes, the trouble is because it's the way I feel it's hard to distinguish the anxiety-because-of-something and the anxiety-cos-I'm-not-pissed !!

Great work on 27 days, we're going to be celebrating a month for a few people very soon!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Yeah and i think drinking was my 'Go to default' for so long to, its like learning to cope with myself and my feelings in a new way and learn a new way of life which is nice but scary too.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I don’t know about the rest of you, but for me it is a great feeling lying in bed at night knowing I didn’t drink today. It’s like you have won the lottery every day. I wish I could put that feeling in a bottle and reuse as needed during the day.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I love that feeling too. s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Yes it is a nice feeling. Looking forward to reaching it at the end of the day
​​​Lots of AV activity today
I've been looking through the SMART materials about coping with urges to help me deal with it
Old 04-11-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

You are doing so well dear ff.... s xx
Keep sending the AV packing love. ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Yes it is a nice feeling. Looking forward to reaching it at the end of the day
​​​Lots of AV activity today
I've been looking through the SMART materials about coping with urges to help me deal with it
It is a good feeling, agreed. And those SMART materials are quite useful I think. I'm really into the third of the four parts, changing my thinking. It's early days but it makes a lot of sense

Freedom I'm so impressed that you're almost a month. I'm English and don't do praise often 😂 , but the way you've battled this month shows real character and strength. Hats off to you and keep going
Old 04-11-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Feeling better today. Ran 4 miles this morning. It felt good to get out of the house, but now I need a nap, lol.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Go for it. xxxxxxx
Old 04-11-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Very tired this evening. Playing scrabble on my phone with a friend. Will go to bed soon!
Old 04-11-2020, 12:56 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I am tired too but it is only 4pm here. He he.
Sleep well love. s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Feeling better today. Ran 4 miles this morning. It felt good to get out of the house, but now I need a nap, lol.
Good work. I'm getting some running shoes given me tomorrow and am going to try a run...Hope my knees hold out. 4 miles is good going bilr
Old 04-11-2020, 01:31 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Same feeling here definitely , falling asleep or waking up sober is amazing. Sounds crazy when i say it as most dont understand i suppose but it means so much.

Hope u are all ok and safe , im sick of everything but tryna keep going on.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
Same feeling here definitely , falling asleep or waking up sober is amazing. Sounds crazy when i say it as most dont understand i suppose but it means so much.

Yes, normal stuff for normal people is taken for granted by them. I even get up at 4:30 a.m. if my dog needs to go out. That never happened when drinking, lol.

I am looking forward to weekends when we can all get out and do things. Tired of the trip to the grocery as my only “road trip”.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

Hi everyone.

So I hit a bump in the road. Thursday after my therapist appointment I was annoyed with my therapist (I think she's having trouble doing her job during COVID-19 she kept asking me dumb unanswerable questions that I can't answer due to the pandemic about jobs and moving which just put unnecessary stress on me, these questions would have made sense a month ago or six weeks ago, now they just seem inappropriate; she also asked if I felt ready to talk about the past because I had been working on sobriety for an entire four weeks...um...rushing things a bit are we?). Anyway, I'm not blaming my therapist I am just saying I felt very annoyed by the stupid pressure those irrelevant questions put on me due to the circumstances, and I already was feeling high strung that day.

So I drank some wine. I told myself I could drink moderately, but instead I drank over a bottle. Fortunately that was not enough to make me very sick, but I still had a mild headache when I woke up, and felt blah and lazy and out of it yesterday. I am happy to say, though, that I learned my lesson.

Because I have had so much sober time and have done so much work on trying to build a sober life for myself over the past month, I was able to stop and think about how much better I feel in the morning if I don't drink. I was able to ask myself why I drank in the first place and what I could do differently next time. Plus, I had some anxiety that kicked in a few hours after I woke up (it's passed, I only drank for that one evening) and I definitely don't want that! There's no point of trying to drink to manage stress if I have anxiety the next day!

So I am here, I am back, and though I hit a snag, I feel resolute about moving forward again, with all of the same plans and routines I had before Thursday, which were actually serving me well most days. I just have to figure out what to do next time I feel really stressed and kind of angry like I did on Thursday.

Thanks for reading this. Best to all of you.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post

(((((bradley))))) s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeckoningCat View Post
Hi everyone.

So I hit a bump in the road. Thursday after my therapist appointment I was annoyed with my therapist (I think she's having trouble doing her job during COVID-19 she kept asking me dumb unanswerable questions that I can't answer due to the pandemic about jobs and moving which just put unnecessary stress on me, these questions would have made sense a month ago or six weeks ago, now they just seem inappropriate; she also asked if I felt ready to talk about the past because I had been working on sobriety for an entire four weeks...um...rushing things a bit are we?). Anyway, I'm not blaming my therapist I am just saying I felt very annoyed by the stupid pressure those irrelevant questions put on me due to the circumstances, and I already was feeling high strung that day.

So I drank some wine. I told myself I could drink moderately, but instead I drank over a bottle. Fortunately that was not enough to make me very sick, but I still had a mild headache when I woke up, and felt blah and lazy and out of it yesterday. I am happy to say, though, that I learned my lesson.

Because I have had so much sober time and have done so much work on trying to build a sober life for myself over the past month, I was able to stop and think about how much better I feel in the morning if I don't drink. I was able to ask myself why I drank in the first place and what I could do differently next time. Plus, I had some anxiety that kicked in a few hours after I woke up (it's passed, I only drank for that one evening) and I definitely don't want that! There's no point of trying to drink to manage stress if I have anxiety the next day!

So I am here, I am back, and though I hit a snag, I feel resolute about moving forward again, with all of the same plans and routines I had before Thursday, which were actually serving me well most days. I just have to figure out what to do next time I feel really stressed and kind of angry like I did on Thursday.

Thanks for reading this. Best to all of you.
I am grateful that you are able to clearly see that drinking is not the answer. s

Sounds like maybe this therapist is not the right one?
Or maybe she is, but those situations trigger me too.
It is a place of trust, and when that goes wrong it is hard. s

You have helped all of us immeasurably as we struggle to get to the other side of this virus: let us help you. Talk to us more. We are all here for you dear BC. xxxx s ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi everyone Happy Easter.

Sorry, I think I missed a day. I’ve been painting from getting up until falling asleep, and although it looks amazing, I’m getting really sick of painting. Just the kitchen left to finish today.

Suze, Bilr, Bradley, I hope you’re having a better day

Be, I hope you’re ok offline. When I go offline (off SR) for too long the AV sneaks back in....

BeCat, well done on coming right back. We’ve all been there, and it’s great that you recognise that drinking isn’t the answer. I found that drinking was the cause of my anxiety and depression, so it was pointless to try and “fix” the anxiety/depression by drinking, because it was a temporary numbness and actually made everything even worse than before! We know these things rationally, but the AV still tries to convince us that drinking is the answer, even though in truth, it’s the problem, and definitely not the answer.

Interestingly, as I type this using my logical brain, the AV is working behind the scenes trying to convince me that it doesn’t apply to me, or it doesn’t apply because it’s Easter, or because I don’t have to work tomorrow. The AV badly wants a drink I’m on day 42 today, so by tonight (it’s only just after 9am so I have a whole day to get through yet) but by tonight, I’ll have 6 weeks sober again. The AV doesn’t like that, and is trying to convince me to drink. But I’m having coffee and chocolate, and will soon take up that pesky paintbrush and distract myself from the sly, conniving, and evil AV.

Stay strong Marchers