Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 5

Old 04-14-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think being around each other 24/7 for months on end is putting a lot of strain on marriages all over the world.

Things will be more normal eventually
Old 04-14-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

^^^ Nods. ❤️
Old 04-15-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm sorry your wife didn't like that idea dear Charon. s xx
Morning.

She's just got a negative response to almost everything - except of course, her activities. Well, I've lived with it for 40+ years, I guess I can continue for a few more. Too late to stop now.

I'm hoping to get started on trimming the bushes that need it. The burning bush has been asking for a trim for a few years and it always gets away from me. If I can find my shoulder brace I'll have at it today. If I can't find the brace I'll do as much as I can till the pain is too much then ice it and quit till tomorrow. I'm determined to get it done this year.

I have a virtual appointment with my therapist today so that plus the increase in my anti-depressant will tide me over and help me get on an even keel today.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You just inspired me to get outside.

Yeah.....I know people like that who tend to be negative. It isn't helpful is it?
I remember my mum getting really mad at my dad and deciding to paint the huge concrete planters by herself....she wanted them a colour instead of plain concrete, and he kept saying the paint would look awful. So she grabbed some tools and me and said right let's do this. It was this weird green colour that my parents were fond of....blech....but it was fun.

And my dad was impressed. And decided he was wrong. So then he painted the back fence to match. Oy. Contrast dad, would have been nice.

My dad was brilliant but had the worst taste re colour and matching things.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are upstate Charon although I guess when you recount your life it is clear to me that you are not in the centre of New York City! I lost sight of that for a moment.

Your daughter sounds very brave. What marvellous adventures she must have had. Alaska has always been on my bucket list but I am striking it off now as it sounds too cold and with too many bears.

I think you are wise to take precautions to look after yourself. I like your forwarded planning. I find that I am tired a lot. I am a high energy person and thrive on remarkably little sleep but lately, I often find myself tired. I am sure it is anxiety about what is going on out there in the world. I have taken precautions also, I have made myself an enormous punk/post-punk playlist and I fully intend to play it loudly over the weekend. I think that will be very stress-relieving. I hope your shoulder holds out because tackling that bush sounds equally therapeutic!

I love it when you reminisce about your Dad, VenusCat. Always with such warmth and affection. Has your bread-maker arrived yet?

My husband is working from home. No doubt, I will grow accustomed to him working from home and then miss him when he returns to the office. In the meantime, I would like him to buy an expensive greenhouse and for him to go live in it! Bless his little cotton socks.

Dee, thank you for your calm and perspective.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

The breadmaker cometh and the breadmaker is broken.
And the breadmaker is being returned.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Morning.

Oh Venus, sorry about the breadmaker. What a bummer.

Lucinda, don't give up on a trip to Alaska. We visited my daughter (E) just before she finished her contract during the summer solstice. It was amazing and not cold (except for the water). We wnet to Denali and while there took a buss through the park and saw a huge amount of wildlife from the safety of the bus. We also went to Seward and went on a whale watching day cruise. Saw whales and huge pods of orcas and bird rookeries, seals - tons of stuff. It was a great trip.

Got the burning bush trimmed yesterday. Today I've got to get the miniature cattleyas watered, get the sprouting Thompson's Squash hot pepper seeds into pots, and at least start on pruning the Japanese Fantail WIllow. Maybe no nap today
Old 04-16-2020, 08:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am feeling very biblical now....burning bushes and such.

Not upset about the breadmaker, I pre-ordered the Cuisinart one I wanted in the first place, and we have enough food for the duration.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning.

Snowed overnight but the sun is rapidly melting it.

I was able to work my way around the outside of the Fantail Willow and get it pruned as far as I could reach. Next I'll get next to the trunk and clear what needs to be removed from the interior. Finally, I'll get up on the ladder and get the high stuff that's left. Should be done sometime early next week - depending on how energetic I feel.

We've been watching a couple of episodes of "Hart of Dixie" each evening. It's pretty superficial, light, harmless, and predictable stuff that doesn't require any thought. It passes the time and is way better than watching the news endlessly.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I haven't seen any news all week. Well, on tv. I read only right now. s xx
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning.

It's snowing again. What month is this? Glad I got the fantail all pruned yesterday.

I'm going to work on some SMART tools over the weekend to get ready for the Monday virtual meeting.

My son stopped by yesterday to borrow my old manual reel mower and I gave him the box for his wife. No response from her yet. Oh well.

The increased dose of anti-depressant is giving me a lift so I'm not blue and having dark thoughts all the time. I am sleeping a lot though. Hopefully that's because of the cold, dreary weather (still hibrinating) and that will ease once it turns warm and sunny.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I am more tired in the cold and dreary weather as well. s

We are getting some sun here today.....well it was here, now it seems to be hiding. Getting into the gardening one way or another. I have a ton of new plants to go outside and more on the way.

I am glad the higher dose of your med is helping you dear Charon....maybe you and Mrs Charon will find a great upbeat movie to watch tonight. s ❤️
Old 04-18-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good evening / morning / afternoon all.

Your visit to Alaska sounds fab Charon. I have re-instated it on the bucket list. The whale watching really swung it. I have long wanted to see humpback whales and I have in mind that one year I am going to combine visiting my son with a trip to the Australian Gold Coast during migration season.

Glad you tackled the burning bush. That must have been satisfying! Hope your shoulder is ok after all the work. Glad to hear things are feeling better on the increased meds and you are good doing your prep for your Smart online meeting!

The snow sounds a bit of a shocker. I think that your seasons are much as the UK's so not expected at this time of year? We have had an unusually warm, dry April here and not needed to put the heating on until the evenings which has been nice. Like yourself and Venuscat, I get a little low through the with dreary weather too. It isn't helped by being accompanied by arthritis flare-ups. I am not complaining though. I had very good health for many years despite throwing a lot of abuse at my body. I am still overall healthy just a little creaky.

Sounds like it was for the best with the breadmaker then VC. Now you get the one you really want without compromises. I always regret it if I compromise. Glad you have the gardening to occupy you now your bread making has been thwarted.

Anyway, I am waffling on and I don't really have anything to say. I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I am thinking of you all.

Love Lucinda
Old 04-18-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lovely to see you honey. s xx ❤️
Old 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning.

Lucinda & Venus, it's good to hear from you. My shoulder is good and I've been walking without the knee brace. As long as I don't twist the knee it seems OK.

I know what you mean about arthritis Lucinda. I decided that I can tell what's up with the weather depending on what aches. I'll probably have my knee looked at once the Covid-19 is over just to find out what is going on.

It's sunny and warm and I have no pressing chores so I'm going to spend some time outside and enjoy the weather. I might even take a nap outside in my reclining deck chair.

Venus, Cusinart is a solid brand with great products. Glad you got what you wanted instead of settling. You're an example for me. Also, no stone tablets from the burning bush. It might be miffed that I cut it back.

My temperature ring finally arrived. It's a size too big but cost almost nothing. Since I now know my ring size I ordered a pretty titanium wedding ring to replace the one that has gotten too small. I'll wear the temperature ring till it arrives.

Venus, we're hooked on Hart of Dixie (at least for now). It's upbeat, simple, predictable, nonsense - but it's fun and doesn't require a lot of concentration to figure out. We are well into season 1 and there are 4 seasons. As long as it doesn't go off the rails we'll continue with it. I've also go two other serries that are comedies on my Netflix list. It's a fun change from the mysteries.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Also, no stone tablets from the burning bush
Moses would be chuckling.
I know I am. s

And glad you like that show Bob.
I am so happy that Season 6 of Bosch is out....my favourite show.
I read every book....actually, I have one left to read.

Wishing you a great day and you a great evening dear Lucinda. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-20-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning.

Venus, who is Bob? Am I not seeing some posts?

I don't get the Amazon shows. Wish I did. I read the Michael Connelly books too.

Some yardwork today. I think I'm going to start nodding off to a book instead of noise from the TV for my naps. I've got a pretty large stash of books that are waiting for me. I ought to start working on them. Reading is a lot better than what I'm hearing on TV these days.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I have no idea how Bob got in there....I did not type it. Not a chance. It keeps happening to me...google has done something very weird with their spell check.
s

I have just done three solid hours of gardening....planted a ton of new stuff.....need to stop for a bit....wore myself out.

Large stash of books here too....do you like crime fiction in general? I do. xx s
Old 04-20-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi All. I do hope you are good.

Glad to learn that your shoulder held out Charon and that your knee is doing better. Good to hear that you had some warmer weather - it can't make up its mind what it is doing there!

That's nice that you have ordered a new wedding ring. I had to google temperature rings as I had never heard of such a thing. You will be able to tell us if you are blowing hot or cold now!

Venuscat, I watched a couple of seasons of Bosch and fairly enjoyed it. I didn't know there were more seasons out. I tend to head straight to Netflix and BBC iPlayer (which I am guessing you won't have access to) and I forget to check out Amazon. We have a Prime account because my husband has a terrible online shopping habit.

I have just watched Episodes on Netflix which was pretty rubbish but did make me laugh a little. The Durrells was quite charming too and has made me want to see Corfu for myself. The good thing about living in the UK is that it is easy to explore Europe and many places can be done as long weekends.

Three hours solid gardening and planting is no mean feat Venuscat! Go you! It will be lovely when it all starts to grow I am sure.

Stay safe my lovely July crew. x
Old 04-21-2020, 04:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am a bit like your husband I fear dear Lucinda. s

(I was just thinking I need four more plants for the office..... ).

Oh....I kept going for another 3 or 4 hours yesterday and re-did all of the plants in the kitchen (around 50).