Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 5

Old 04-08-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here Lucinda - thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Lucinda. SO sorry about your dad. It would drive me crazy to not be able to be there for help, support, and comfort. These are very hard times for you. Wishing you the best and hoping your dad comes through this and recovers quickly.

Venus, congratulations on the breadmaker. We have one and I've used it but lately I seem to want to be more involved in the process. lol. It really does make wonderful bread and is so easy to use.

Watched a Vera from season 1 that somehow got missed. I thought we had seen every one. It was a pleasant surprise.

Another surprise this morning was an email from one of the thursday face-to-face group. That was a nice surprise too.

Keep safe everyone. Social distancing seems to be helping. Hopefully they will soon come up with a widespread rapid test and some sort of treatment/infusion/vaccine.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Now I am more excited about the breadmaker.
Thank you. And have a wonderful day dear Charon. s ❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you, Charon, Venuscat and Dee.

I am much calmer now. It is what it is and it is completely outside of my control. We are lucky to live in the part of the UK that has been least impacted by the Coronavirus too so the hospital should be a reasonably safe environment.

Nice that you got the email from your group member, Charon. It is always lovely to know that someone is thinking of you. Your post reminded me that I still haven't checked out Vera.

Venuscat, I love that you are excited about your breadmaker. My husband managed to track down flour and yeast online today so he is happy about that. When he is stressed, he bakes, this is very nice for me!

My son in Australia sent his old mother a food parcel! I took an unexpected, surprise delivery of rice, tuna and porridge today. It made me realise that it must be very scary for him to be on the other side of the world watching the death rates climb at home. So very sweet of him to want to take charge of me.

With all the travel restrictions the world has started to seem like a very big place again with everyone so far away. Yet, we are all still under that same stars which got me to wondering if you guys saw the supermoon?

My love to you all as always.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Awwwww, your son is a sweetie dear Lucinda. s xx ❤️
Old 04-10-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning.

I didn't see the supermoon because it was totally clouded over.

Lucinda, I bet your son had fun putting that package together and sending it off. When my daughter was in Nome Alaska during the worst winter on record we sent a lot of packages to her. It was fun and calming.

Also, the world never quit seeming a very large place for me. Especially when stuffed into a too small airplane seat for far too long just to get to Bonaire or Dominica. Even thinking about going places like California from upstate NY was daunting. Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti boggled my mind.

Probably going to finish the cart today and move the standard sized orchids off the table to the cart. In time for the sunday watering.

Mrs "everything but the kitchen sink" soup came out splendid. So did the bread. Only my second try and I couldn't have asked for better.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good safe weekend guys

D
Old 04-11-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning.

I was smart yesterday and didn't push to finish the cart when I found I was hungry, tired and my back hurt. Time enough to finish it today.

It's time to put my humming bird feeders out. One was spotted in Genevia, NY. That's just about even with us (just a hair north). It's extremely important to have the feeders out before they arrive because they immediately establish territories and don't stray. Some of the first birds are just passing through and need that high energy food to continue their migration. It's going to be so good to have them back. Especially now.

Everyone, keep safe. It's time for extra caution. There are far too many morons that will take a possible slowing of the rate of new cases to say it's over and safe to do whatever thay want.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you for telling us that Charon. I will make the hummingbird feed this morning.

Hope you have a lovely Saturday....and look after your back. s xx ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello Charon, Venuscat and Dee.

Charon, I don't know why I never noticed your location before! I am so glad you are taking great care to stay safe. The news out of NY is heartbreaking. It must be very anxiety making. I am glad that you are so good at focusing on developing new skills and your hobbies. The bread looks amazing. I bet it tasted scrumptious! My husband is always doing chores, cooking, baking, polishing fireplaces, tidying cupboards etc etc etc. He is a firm believer in busy hands.

My response to anxiety is to forget to go to bed and stay up all night getting really fixated on ridiculous things such as why I can't get my phone to see my smart tv for screen mirroring. I was awake to 4.30am today trying to solve this mystery. I will spend tomorrow re-potting my houseplants as I know that will be relaxing.

I smiled to think of yourself and Mrs Charon preparing food parcels to send to Alaska. It must have been unbelievably cold there in the worst winter on record. I was very anxious the first time I flew to Australia. I never would have gone to the other side of the world if my son hadn't have been there. I would like to travel to the US someday though. In comparison to Australia it is not so far from the UK. I was thinking that while the travel restrictions make my son feel a long way away the speed of which this pandemic has spread around the world tells a different story.

Nice that yourself and Venuscat are feeding the hummingbirds to help them on their journey. You guys are always thinking of others! In the UK we are hearing many more birds now traffic is quieter and there are fewer people around. One town even got over-run by wild goats;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY8PU2U_5hQ

It must have been very frustrating for residents seeing them munch their way through gardens!

All is good here. My dad is out of the hospital and I saw him very briefly from the safe distance of my car today. I had to doorstop them some essential supplies as they are having to self-isolate for obvious reasons. I found him looking better than I anticipated although his wife said that he is still getting confused and he is unsteady on his feet. I am sure that this is to be expected though - it is very early days. It was lovely to see him even from a distance.

I live in a leafy suburb and everyone seems to be adhering to the distancing here. I have a nice home with a garden, a lovely husband, good health, and my adorable dog. It is pretty easy to stay safe with my life. I don't think I have ever been more aware of my privilege than right now.

My love to you all during this turbulent time. x
Old 04-11-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Beautiful dear Lucinda.....I loved reading that. s
And so very glad you got to see your dad....gosh, even from the car....amazing what has become of life right now....but we can do it. So glad he is recovering. Thank God. xx s ❤️
Old 04-11-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thank you VC. You are such a darling! I hope you are feeling a little more restored now. I look forward to hearing about your adventures with the breadmaker soon.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

He he...it is an adventure indeed. More in the morning. I am tired.
And other than needing a good night's sleep....all good here now.
Good love with my man....great conversations and lots of hugs. xxx
Old 04-11-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Get a good nights sleep and I am glad you are feeling more chipper.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You too honey...it's late for you...put that phone down woman!!
Love you.
Goodnight. xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 07:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning.

Mrs made waffles topped with butter & NH maple syrup. I took the last nutroll out of the freezer to add to breakfast. Now I need another cup of strong coffee to keep from going into a food coma.

I'm in upstate NY far away from NYC. Conditions there are dreadful, even without covid. I could never live there. I do feel empathy for what they are going through. I can't even imagine.

Glad you got to see your dad. I hope he fully recovers quickly.

The goats were hilarious - though not for those townspeople.

Cold isn't the word for that year in Nome. Down to -47°F with -100°F windchill. Over a month and a half with high temperatures below -30°F. Blizzards (4) and a typhoon and lot's more. But some wondeful things too. Watching all the Iditarod racers finish. Eating tons of king crab freash out of the trap, taken inside and cooked. Watching the northern lights many nights. And lots more. I could never have done it.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Morning.

Dreary, rainy, overcast, and breezy - so I'm going to be tough and take a walk around the neighborhood anyway.

Planning the next project. Mrs has two 3D maps of the Adirondack Park. I'm going to make some frams so she can hang them. They're big so the wood has to be light and stable. I think I've got some 8/4 clear poplar that will look like butternut when stained. I might also have some 4/4 butternut out there too. I'll have to dig through my stash.

Long range planning - I'm thinking I might want to build or buy a small seasonal greenhouse for when I'm no longer able to dive and do other more strenuous things.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I think the greenhouse idea is wonderful love....if I had the room I would do that.
And interestingly, you can buy really little ones for small spaces that are brilliantly designed. But I am betting you would do a better job designing your own. s xx

....have fun with the fames. ❤️
Old 04-14-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning.

Greenhouse is on the back burner, maybe permenantly. Shot down by Mrs. I'm finding being confined has emphasized traits that speak clearly why we never should have gotten married. It was easier to practice selective attention and universal acceptance of others when we were seldom interacting because she had so many activities day & evening most every day. It's so much easier to be alone when you're alone.

I am taking measures for myself - increasing anti-depressnt, taking naps when I need to escape, working with the SMART Handbook. I don't want to start drinking again because I know I won't stop. I would have to sip whenever I was awake to avoid detox. The last detox was horrible and I can't endure that again so that's my go-to deterrant when I get really down and frustrated. I have to keep that in mind.

Venus, to be honest, I found a wonderful greenhouse, a bit pricey but perfect. I'm very doubtful that I could do a better design and I'm absolutely sure I couldn't match the quality of the construction. Right now the orchids are happy enough in my bedroom windows.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your wife didn't like that idea dear Charon. s xx