# 101 (permalink)  

Re: Class of July 2019 Part 5

And another.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

One last try.
Morning.
Mrs is really, really ticking me off this morning. I will not let that be an excuse to lapse. Done too much of that in the past.
My new titanium ring came yesterday and it fit perfectly. This one will never fall off. I really like the way it looks. I might even buy one with a black coating and 2 koa wood rings outside a ring of turquoise inlay for my right hand.
My daughter calls the new eating craze the Covid 19# - like the freshman 15# that you gain when you go away to college. I've been craving sweets in the evening and indulging too much. I think it's causing me to wake up tired. I'm going to try to have any sweets right after dinner and then only have something savory or fruit for a snack before bed.
Well what I typed posted after I deleted the cookies from this site - but the formatting removed all the carrage returns. Oh well.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I find that any snacks before bed, and too much sugar in the evening anytime messes up my sleep. s
Old 04-26-2020, 07:16 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Morning.

I felt a little better this morning, though I still slept in a bit. I'm going to try heading for bed before I nod out sitting in my recliner. Maybe a specific bed time would help.

On impulse I decided to go ahead and order the other ring I liked. Sort of a reward for keeping my irritation to myself.

Dropped and put away the blade from the garden tractor and put the mowing deck on. It won't be long before the grass needs cut.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning.
Another gloomy day but it didn't snow here.
I think getting to bed earlier (not nodding out on the recliner) worked. I'll make a final judgement after a few days - as long as I keep it up. lol
Virtual face to face tonight. I'll probably be the only one beside the facilitator. Oh well. At least I don't have to drive 45 minutes each way. I'm liking these virtual meetings.
Started another book but I'm almost sure I read it before. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll read on till I'm certain.
Sure hopt they aren't finished fixing the bugs. Smiles don't work. Size of font doesn't work. And paragraphs run together. Don't know what else is broke. Oh well. Not my job.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:58 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Bottom left hand corner of the screen, there is a drop-down box dear Charon. It probably says Carbon right now. If you go down to the bottom, and select SoberRecovery Desktop, the site works well in that mode. You might need to turn up the screen size a bit cos the font is small, but other than not being able to thank posts, most of it works other than making text bigger.

And smilies are working for me in carbon, I guess you just can't select them. But if you copy in the code.....

Old 04-27-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Now I am in SoberRecovery Desktop.

And you can space paragraphs. And drop in smilies.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Tried Sober Recovery Desktop. Many things dissappeared. Not only the link at the top to "My Posts" but also the entire reply area. I'm guessing it is my browser. I went back to Carbon and found that by doing double <Enter> s I can get a space between paragraphs.

Currently, my depression has a strong grip and I'm feeling very empty. I will endure and know it will pass. I made a list of things to accomplish before the next virtual face to face and that will help.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Maybe there is a reason we 'met' each other dear Charon. Other than being in recovery I mean.

I had major clinical depression for a long time....late 20s to mid-late thirties. It is crushing. s

And the current situation in the world and dealing with it all sent me back there....not all the way. I am able to rescue myself still, but it was close. Close to being catatonic for days on end and no longer being able to eat.

It is frightening to be in that place.

I can't take medication so I used my tools, a lot of them mirror my recovery tools. And I still remember everything my amazing psychiatrist told me....nurture the inner child. Look after her. And action.....no matter what, and especially when you want to crawl back into bed.....action is paramount.

Maybe you would like to do some gardening with me? s xxxxxx
Old 04-28-2020, 06:09 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Tried Sober Recovery Desktop. Many things dissappeared. Not only the link at the top to "My Posts" but also the entire reply area. I'm guessing it is my browser. I went back to Carbon and found that by doing double s I can get a space between paragraphs.

Currently, my depression has a strong grip and I'm feeling very empty. I will endure and know it will pass. I made a list of things to accomplish before the next virtual face to face and that will help.
All the usual options are up top for me in 'Classic Desktop - Next Gen', Charon?

in 'Default - Next Gen' (which is quite a different look) the options are reduced, but new posts is still there for me.

D
Old 04-29-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Sorry I have been away Charon. I am working 3 people's jobs at the moment because my staff are furloughed. I have been working all hours but without much routine.

Your daughter made me smile with the Covid19#. After I posted about the eating and Venuscat had replied an article popped up on my newsfeed about people overeating in lockdown. Apparently, loads of people are at it! I am like you in that I have taken to having late-night sweet snacks (porridge with honey) and it makes me feel horrible, bloated and almost hungover like in the morning. So right off I have set myself up for a less than optimum start to the new day.

I hear you with the depression. I am a control freak and right now it feels like the whole world is spinning out of control. Funnily enough, it was thinking of you that held me together over the weekend Charon. I made what I called a 'Charon to do list'. I tidied my desk, repotted all my houseplants, waxed the doors etc. Thank you for being my inspiration! I guess like many people we are having to find new toolboxes for managing that right now. Change of routine is hard.

You are good for doing your online meetings. I keep threatening to do online stuff such as pilates but not done it yet. Maybe I should make the time.

Glad you liked the new ring!

My love to you all.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Repotted all of your houseplants? That would take me a week. s
Old 04-29-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning.

Venus, Mirko told me the same thing. Take care of the inner child. And I agree on action. I got three things done from my list and though they were minimal, it did make me feel lots better.

My garden is inside right now. Eleven of twelve Squash pepper seeds sprouted and are growing with the orchids. I'll probably start taking them outside to get more sun as the weather warms enough. They seem to be very sensitive to chill shocking them.

Lucinda, my daughter (E) is always coming up with something to make me smile. And, I'm trying to not eat much after dinner. Trying to keep it to a bannanna or some grapes, maybe with a few salty crackers. I hate feeling groggy in the morning.

We watched Hart of Dixie to the end of the first season and I wish we hadn't. The last two episodes were so over the top that we quit and switched to Virgin River. Similar premise but not a comedy. But not heavy. Just a light drama with cuuckles along the way. Much better.

I sold off two more scuba tanks yesterday. Today I will order a 19 cubic foot pony tank from my local dive shop. I hope this idea works out. I think it will allow me to dive spots locally where regular equipment would be too heavy to carry there.

I've ridden my bike for the last two days and will take another ride this morning after coffee & posting. My seat is killing me - causing bad numbness, so I ordered a special seat that's supposed to take care of that. Can't wait till it gets here.

Dee, I think I'll stick with Carbon for now. I don't really need emojies and as long as I remember to double enter, the paragraph spacing works.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

This is for you dear Charon:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...d=vB_Editor_QR

If you have it open in a separate tab, you can easily see all of the codes for the smilies. You just need to copy and paste the code and then they work.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Morning.

Thanks Venus. So thoughtful of you.

Ordered my 19 CF from my local dive shop yesterday and replacement HEPA filters for my bedroom air purifier this morning. I also filled out adoption applications for two agencies yesterday. I decided that having a creature that I can love and that will love me back is a good idea.

I opened the box of mesquite that I traded for. It is magnificant - two pieces. I will have to look at them for a while before deciding how to "cleave the diamond". So many options. I will use some for turning, I'm sure but I'm thinking that I might slice part of one up into boards 3/8" thick and make a box.

This morning I'm going to make some adjustments to my bike. The front derailier doesn't shift into the lowest gear. I also want to adjust the handlebar slightly back to see if I can take some pressure off my wrists.

At 1 pm I have a virtual appointment with my therapist. It will be good to talk to him. Someone from the Thursday SMART group is trying to set up a Zoom meeting for us. Not sure it will be this thursday or not. I hope so.

Everyone, take care and keep safe.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Sounds like a busy day. s xx
Old 05-01-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Morning.
Yes Venus, I'm finding that making a list and having things to do when I wake helps keep the emptiness pushed down. And I don't always get to all the things on todays list.

Today, I'm hoping to smell baking hard rolls and sub buns. I also want to run one side of one of the mesquite pieces over the planer to get a perfectly flat surface. I may also square that side to another to get it ready to resaw into thin boards. It will at least get me a very clear look at the figure so I can better decide what to do.

I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet but there have been 3 sightings in our area. I'm going to put fresh food in the feeders and hope to see them soon.

The pup I had hoped to adopt is probably spoken for, but at least I have an application in place. If I see another candidate I just have to email my interest. Sort of like being in line.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oooo maybe not.....maybe he will be your dog.
Big list person here as well.
And pass the fresh warm bread please. s
Old 05-02-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Morning.

Just a quick checkin - lots to accomplish this morning. Virtual orchid club meeting at 1 pm and my daughter (E) is coming over with her boyfriend at 3 pm for a socially distanced fire in the firepit.

I learned from the failed attempt at baking hardrolls yesterday. They are still semi-edable so they won't go to waste. I'm sure the next batch will be more successful.

Re. the pup. I decided that either female or male would be fine and there's a cute little male that I've got eyes for. I emailed the organization right away but don't want to get my hopes up. No worries. I'll find a buddy at some point.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I was just saying the same thing ~ lots to accomplish this morning.

I just made a big list.
Hope you have a great day dear Charon.
And I hope the fire and stuff will be lovely later on. s