Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Addy47

Originally Posted by pupper View Post
Good morning gang! I am struggling with anger and frustration this morning. I think it's partly out of anxiety about spending time with 3 old friends tonight who I'm used to having wine/cocktails with. I've told them all that I don't drink and I know that they are supportive, but it will be weird... and last night at women's group everyone - including me - seemed to feel exhausted and wrung-out. Instead of the recharged feeling I got from the last time I went to that group, I left feeling... validated but not more positive than when I went in.

I finished the A Woman's Way Through the 12 Steps (great book, awful audiobook narrator), and am downloading the same author's book Awakening Your Sexuality: A Guide for Recovering Women onto Kindle for iPhone. My first book-book for a long while, but I feel like I need it. Getting sober has brought so much to the fore, and realizing that this is all connected... it's a lot.

I'm acknowledging here that we are all dealing with a LOT, and our new sobriety and fresh recovery is an integral piece of all of it. Deep breaths. Today is a new day.

I didn't yell at anyone on my commute in this morning. It was close.
How are you today Pupper? Did you meet your friends last night?