Administrator

I believe you can deal with your mom in a healthy way this trip bluesy

D
Old 02-26-2019, 12:26 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x

thanks dee, daisy,bluesy, snitch x

I have an appointment on the 21st of march with my psychiatrist which was suppose to see him in jan but couldnt. I will have a good talk with him about everything that is going on. On the alcohol Councillor i asked my hub should i phone him and he said what was the point he will just make u do a diary and it maybe an added pressure on having to many appointments again. so i really don,t know what to do. I have my appt next week at hospital for about the cyst and i also put my bowl screening test to docs last night. I have to go past my work today as i couldnt do it yesterday about again making mistake at work which i thought i was focused and doing all the right things on sunday and that mistake brought on making feel like a piece of crap and making me think all about the mistakes i have been making lately and before. I hear u on the having extra year on my age, i told my friend this and she actually thought was funny and at the time so did i, but i guess on sunday it just came all crashing on me.

sry daisy you having more probs with ur son and its causing u many a stressful time x must be very hard and u will be missing your grandson also x

i will just leave it there for now and will come back later and say how i got on at my work.

thanks for caring x
Old 02-26-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils, I hope you are all happy, well and sober. It's an absolutely beautiful, sunny day here, I don't know what is going on with our weather, not that I'm complaining of course but this time last year it was snowing and today I've been out without a coat.
I'm feeling much better in myself this morning, my headache has lifted and my stress levels have dropped. I had a meeting with the headmistress at my g.son's school to update her on this current upheaval in my grandson's life, she is a lovely lady and very helpful. She has some plans in mind of the best way to deal with the situation, so we'll see.

Hi Bluesey and if I was writing without my reading glasses it would all be a load of gobeldy ****, you've done well.
I'm sorry to read about the situation with your mother and I understand completely how you feel and where you are coming from. It's a very similar situation in a lot of ways to mine and my son's, he's my biggest trigger.I have no doubt though that you will cope, you are stronger than you think and you have the tools to deal with any nonsense she throws your way. I'll be thinking about you. Let us know how it goes. xxx

I hope all is good with you Dee. x

Good afternoon Erratic, I'm glad you have an appointment coming up with your psychiatrist, 21st March isn't too far away. Maybe it would be an idea to diary each day how you feel and take it with you because I know if it were me I'd forget half of it.
It still might be worth phoning your alcohol councillor too, even if he does ask you to do a diary, there's nothing to lose by speaking to him, that's what he's there for. I wouldn't worry about putting pressure on the appointment system either, that's what that's there for. Take all the help that's available to you, it's your life.
I'm sorry you made mistakes at work, but we all do that you know even the bosses. There aren't many mistakes that can't be rectified so don't beat yourself up about it, you're only human.
The problems with my son are hard and they seem never ending, but his words don't hurt me any more, he can't hurt me or abuse me any more now than he has already done, I'm all hurt out, I've detatched myself from him as much as I can and I just concentrate on making sure my grandson's life is as happy as it can be., there are just occasions when I need to speak to him but then I don't know why I bother as there is no compromise with him, it's his way or the high way. Big sigh.

Right I'm off now, I'm planning to do a bit of tidying in the garden while it's such a lovely day. Lots of love to you all. xx
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say goodnight and sweet dreams. xx
Old 02-26-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Evening from New York..

Blusey you arrive tomorrow I think?

I have been working on my step 4 and what is helping me with my resentments are using the sick man Prayer that is in the Big Book.......

" We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick.

Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, “This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done.’’
We avoid retaliation or argument. We wouldn’t treat sick people that way. If we do, we destroy our chance of being helpful. We cannot be helpful to all people, but at least God will show us how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one."

I have been praying for the people I have the deepest resentments to. I ask God to help me to show that person patience, pity and tolerance. I ask God to save me fron being angry and I pray that they receive everything I would want for myself. Happiness, peace of mind, love, and serenity. It was not easy to do in the beginning but I want to be free of these resentments as the only person they hurt are me and I don't want to be hurt anymore . It is actually working.

I have been to the shops and got my daughter some American Girl stuff. Spent $145 oops but bought nothing for me which is definite progress 😁 Then I went to an AA meeting. It was great. It really lifted my spirits up . I love hearing how people are changing their lives through the programme, it is very inspiring. On my way to the meeting I passed a bar (well lots of bars) but one in particular caught my eye and I started thinking how nice it would be to go in there out of the cold and order a large glass of wine. I had to pray to my HP to remove the thought but the injustice that I could not go in and have a drink stayed with with on my walk and when I first got into the meeting I thought aggh I don't wanna be here. By the end, I felt restored and uplifted and any thoughts of drinking or self pity because I couldn't drink had completely vanished!! I walked back to my hotel in a really good mood abd got some nice healthy food to take back with me.

Erratic, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate but I believe from my own experience that nothing will get sorted until the drink goes. If you aren't going to contact your alcohol counsellor do you have any other plan? Can we help you in any way?

Ok my eyes are drooping. Still full of cold and sore throat but am going to bed sober so it's all good

Night all z z z z z z z
Old 02-27-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Morning all,

I am just about to jump in the shower to come home. I've had a nice chilled time despite having a cold. I am really blessed that I am able to visit different places in the world and also able to get my medicine (meetings and SR) wherever I am. So often I take it for granted, even resenting it sometimes. I am lucky and this morning I realise that.

I am really looking forward to getting home and seeing Seren. I just talked to her on the phone on her way to school and I love her so much. I am so blessed to have her in my life and grateful that I am a sober and present mummy for her today.

I will catch up with you all tonight when I am home and in my own bed.

Have a good day everyone
xx
Old 02-27-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Where is everyone??

I hope you are all good whatever you are up to.

I am home 😁 and in my own bed. Nothing beats your own bed!!

Night all 💤💤💤
Old 02-27-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, it's a late check in from me, I didn't get time this morning. I hope you are all okay, it's been very quiet here the last couple of days.
I've had a lovely day, firstly it's my eldest grandson's 12th birthday, can't believe he's 12, it doesn't seem like 2 minutes ago that he was born. He's on the Asberger's spectrum but quite low profile, he's gorgeous and so funny, he's the only 12 year old I know to ask for boxer's and socks for his birthday. He likes the feel of them when they're new, lol.
Then my daughter and her boyfriend/partner too my and his mum to a lovely Italian restaurant for lunch, we both gave them some money towards their new house and the lunch was a thank you. I have to be honest and say that when I walked in and saw all the table set beautifully with large goldfish bowl size wine glasses I did for a few moments really want one myself, but then I gave myself a good talking to, I know I can't just have one, it's not possible so it's not an option. I stuck with ice cold tonic water and a good cup of coffee.
Then this afternoon I went to see my daughter and boyfriend's new house, it's a new build and they got the keys yesterday, they've waited a long time for this and they so deserve it, it's a lovely house and her two children will at long last have a bedroom each. I'm so happy for them.

Hi Suze and I'm glad you've posted. Thank you so much for posting that piece from step four about resentments, I've read it and read it and at this moment in time I can't tell you how much I needed to read that, it's really helped me tonight, so much so that I'm going to screen shot it and keep it.
I'm glad you arrived home safely from New York and I hope your sore throat is much better. I'm sure Seren will love the things you've bought her and I bet she can't wait to see you too.

I'm off to bed myself now. Sleep well Aprils. xxx
Old 02-27-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night guys

D
Old 02-28-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Just dropping by to say hi and hopefully everyone is okay
Old 02-28-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and it's a bit too quiet here at the moment, what's going on, where are you all? I just hope you are all okay.
All's good with me, the rain is back but we've had a good few days of sunshine. I've not done a great deal today as yet apart from the usual so I've not much to say at the minute.....which is good. I'm a bit tired as I had a very up and down night, my g.son was having really bad nightmares and was shouting, screaming, hyper ventilating and sweating, poor little thing, thank goodness I hadn't been drinking and was there sober and present to look after him. Had I have been on the wine I would have been less than useless. He doesn't remember a thing about it this morning.

Hope you have a restful sleep Dee.

Hi Nichole, I'm okay thanks and I hope you are too. How's it going?

Going to do some housework now but will check in again tonight hopefully. Have a good Thursday gang.

Thought for the day....."It’s okay to say no to things that drain you. Show up to what really matters."
Old 02-28-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nichole - how are things?

D
Old 02-28-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Goodnight All, sleep well. xx

Good day Dee, have a good one. xx
Old 03-01-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Friday to you. I'm just sitting down with a coffee after doing my grocery shopping and putting it away. What you all up to at weekend, any plans?

See you all later, stay safe and sober. xx

Thought for the day....." We find comfort among those who agree with us—growth among those who don’t."
Old 03-01-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hi everyone had work yesterday morn and this morn x

will catch up again later x
Old 03-01-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hi, I realized I haven’t checked in for a bit. I’m ok. Met with the life coach last night. Got my APRN on the 10th. I did an at home test kit last night that looks for everything in your gut by finding the DNA. I gotta go to FedEx and drop off the kit. I’m hoping for some answers. More money 🙄.

I really dont feel anything surrounding the motorcycle. Yes or no. I don’t really care. It feels like I don’t anyway. I realized, that I think my brain has built up walls, after I stopped drinking, to cut off my emotions because of my crazy anxiety. That’s not good. I’m not happy or sad. I’m kind of ‘blah’ now.

My brother is really like that. My sister and I talk about how there’s just nothing there. I need a really good therapist again. My guy could really get to the emotions. Like I’ve said, he moved his practice to New York City. The more I live with this and let it go, the deeper I’ll get into numbness.

Im feeling off today, yesterday too. Pretty tired. I’ll get back soon.

V🐍
Old 03-01-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hopefully my lovely April family has a beautiful weekend!!!
Today is day 3 for me I’m over the abuse cycle of alcohol hopefully this time sticks I’m back on medication which takes awhile to work and reminded my self few days ago alcohol and medication doesn’t mix so well but I plan on a sober weekend might be little hard as I’m having brother in law and his girlfriend over tonight and going out tomorrow night to a friends to play cards and dice which of course they drink I might back out since I’m in early sobriety haven’t made my mind up yet hopefully everyone is well enjoy your Friday
Old 03-01-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi kids, I’m checking in again today. I got my tests sent out via FEDEX. I called a therapist that my previous one recommended. She called me back and we have an appointment next week. So I’m not just lying around bemoaning my life, I’m still taking action to change it. That’s the biggest difference about being sober: I take action on things. I’m not getting that far yet, but things take time.

Late February and early March have been cold, windy and snowy. We keep getting these damn snow storms. I wouldn’t care so much except I need to clear the snow for my parents.

I have to get something going for myself because this household is going to fall to s—-t soon enough. My parents are going to go downhill fast at any time.

🌈I’m talking to my sister again!!!! She actually confided in me the most stressful, and very confidential, stuff going on in her life right now. I’ll keep it to myself for sure!! Thank goodness. 🌈

Ill watch some hbo or something and get ready for snow removal in the morning. 🤪

Vipe 🐍
Old 03-01-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Bedtime check in and lovely to see you Erratic, Viper and Nichole.

Hope to see a bit more of you over the weekend Erratic, take care. xx

I hope the appointment with your new therapist goes well Viper.
I'm so glad you and your sister are talking again and I did think she had some underlying worries when she threw her wobbler with you the other week.

Stay strong Nichole, you can stay off the booze if you put your mind to it, if I can you can and that's the truth.

Goodnight all, sleep well. xxx
Old 03-01-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils on this wet and dismal Saturday, I hope you're all well.

"Just because you’re not doing what other people are doing, that doesn’t mean you’re failing or falling behind. You’re charting your own course and staying true to yourself, even though it would be easier to join the crowd. You’re creating a life you can fall in love with instead of falling in line. You’re finding the courage to do what’s right for you, even though it’s uncertain and scary and hard. Give yourself some credit, because these are all reasons to be proud."

I'll hopefully see more of you here later, have the best weekend you can. xxx