Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 03-02-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Haven't had a chance to post as my daughter is always on my phone playing a game as my tablet is a bit old and slow now. Need to sort a new one out next week as driving me when I want my phone and she is always on it!

Everything is going quite well for me. I am grateful to be sober and out of the destructive cycle of drinking and hangovers. My AA programme is helping me to live sober and to free myself from worry, fear, self pity, resentment, anger and to live a life that is more meaningful and honest and to experience real happiness and genuine moments of peace and serenity that I have not felt in years. If ever.

There are still days when I feel the pull of alcohol. It hasn't entirely left me but they are just thoughts and I have tools to deal with those thoughts now. I never want to go back to that place I was in before. Ever. If I did I don't think I would ever get put of it again 《shudder》.

So we are having a chilled out weekend at home. We are just at the local park and I am having a cuppa and friends are joining us soon. I feel peaceful and hopeful right now.

I will respond properly later.

x x
Old 03-02-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 03-02-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just doing my usual bedtime check in, I hope you've all had a good day.

So glad everything is going well for you Suze, long may it last. A.A is definitely benefiting you, you've come so far with it.
Enjoy your weekend. xx

I'll say goodnight now as I'm very tired, see you all tomorrow. xxxxxx
Old 03-03-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, I hope you're all having a good Sunday. All okay here, I'm the only one up in the house at the moment and I'm making the most of the peace and quiet and enjoying perusing S.R. To think, this time last year I'd probably be polishing off the dregs of a wine bottle and yes, at this time of the morning!
I've not got much planned for today, I'm in the middle of de-cluttering the bedroom, nearly finished it now, I'm working through one room at a time doing it when I can. It's amazing how much 'stuff' I've got that I don't need or use, I didn't realise.

Dee, I hope you are having a great weekend.

Good to see you in the background Nichole, how are you doing?

I'm going to go and get showered now, back later. Have the best Sunday you can April people.

Thought for the day..... Stop comparing where you’re at with where everyone else is. It doesn’t move you farther ahead, improve your situation, or help you find peace. It just feeds your shame, fuels your feelings of inadequacy, and ultimately, it keeps you stuck. The reality is that there is no one correct path in life. Everyone has their own unique journey. A path that’s right for someone else won’t necessarily be a path that’s right for you. And that’s okay. Your journey isn’t right or wrong, or good or bad. It’s just different.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:40 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here db - enjoy your sunday

D
Old 03-03-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!!
DB I’m much better today I really really screwed up Friday took things I shouldn’t of. I’m on day 2 and trying everything I have to stop the abuse of the cycle trying to post more and read more I looked into a 12 step program book think I might buy it hopefully there are some tools in there that might help me set back and think!!! My biggest problem is lifestyle as in having a husband who drinks friends who drink and hobbies that involves lots of drinking I know it’s my choice to drink but being around it and the pressure usually causes me to cave
Hopefully everyone is doing lovely thinking of yall
Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

It’s a very nice day here today. Warm and sunny. Then tonight at 8pm snow is supposed to start and go until 8pm tomorrow. 😡

i guess I need to go to that therapist with my sister today. I thought that was going to get forgotten. 😬

I’ll check in later.

V

Old 03-03-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

233 days. I just counted it up. Closing in on 8 months.

🔥🐍🔥
Old 03-03-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Vipe

I know it hard to be around drinkers Nichole - especially if there's no way to get away - but I believe you can still stay sober.

Its not quite the same but I'm around drinkers all the time as a musician - they know me as a non drinker now and do my thing, they do theirs.

I'm a terrible drinker and drug taker, As long as I remember that, I'm ok

It can be done

D
Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Nichole, that makes it difficult to stop. It’s not like you have a bunch of neighbors that party every night that you can just avoid. This is inside your house. But I think you can do it, like Dee said, and long term changes can be something to think about when the time comes. The more sobriety you get, the more clear your life and situation will become. No matter where you are, being sober is going to make things better for you.

Yes! Get a 12 step book. Why not? Read whatever you can. That’s a good idea. I don’t know the books myself, but people on SR read all kinds of books that really put things into perspective for them.

V
Old 03-03-2019, 08:08 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Everything went fine at the therapist with my sister today. In fact it was really good. Good for me and for both of us and that therapist she took me to is a real wizard. Smart gal. I’d love to go back on my own. She doesn’t take my insurance. It’s just more money. Don’t know.

Its snowing... AGAIN. I wouldn’t care, except removing the snow just to have the snow return. It’s utter futility!!! This North United States. Get me out of here.

🔥🐍🔥
Old 03-03-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope you're all well, happy & sober, I was too tired to post last night. It's just gone 7 a.m and I'm enjoying a good, strong cup of tea while I'm posting. The weather was gorgeous last week, but it's gone back to being cold and wet plus it's blowing a gale out there, must be the back end of storm Freya I think. My husband is off work till Friday so he's grouting the bathroom tiles and painting in there, I'm glad about that, it needed doing.

I did enjoy my Sunday thanks Dee, I enjoy every day where there's no drama.

So glad you're feeling better Nichole and it was a lovely surprise to see you on the morning gratitude thread. Day 2 is a good place to start, day 3 today? No harm in buying that book, anything that helps is good, go for it.
It must be very hard having the lifestyle that you have, but it can be done, there are a lot of people on S.R to prove that plus I just know that you are a strong, capable woman who will do it too. Alcohol is everywhere, my husband drinks but not a lot and not every night and when we go out everyone round me is drinking, adverts on the t.v constantly show people out having fun..and drinking, the t.v soaps show women going into pubs on their own and drinking, we have bill board posters advertising 'fun' drinks! The list is endless. I just have to focus on me, I'm a terrible drinker too, I just don't know when to stop once I start, no stop button you see.

I'm glad all went well with the therapist Viper, both for you and your sister.
Keep the snow over where you are please, we don't need any over this side of the pond.

See you all later, I'd better go and feed my starving cat. Much love to you all. xx

Thought for the day...... " Doing your best is more important than being the best."
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Thank dee Db and Vipe
Hopefully the rest is okay!!
I’m posting in 3 different places which I usually never post I’m trying my best to make this stick!!! Gratitude makes you think how much things to be thankful for an when your thankful it’s hard to be upset or angry so I figure it’s a good place to post and of course my lovely apri family which give me so much hope love and support and I decided to join march to be around people my phase of early sobriety... I honestly wouldn’t know what to do with out SR I really think I’d be dead or close to it when I first got here is was pretty bad but things have got so much better and thankful for that I just need to stay away from everything for good and I have a good feeling it’s now this moment is all I have and I’ll be danged if I spend it drinking today!!!!
Enjoy your lovely day and thank you for always being here for me means the world to me
Old 03-04-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Im here with my mom now. She’s gone to hospital to get her monthly shot. We are getting along well. Just need to make it through tonight as I leave back to NYC tomorrow.

the trip so far has been lovely. Spent some time with friends and that was way overdue. I did hear one friend telling her ex that I was sober and he replied “boring!” It kinda stung and I walked into the kitchen and I said, if sober entails no drama, self hatred and guilt - than I guess I’m happy to be considered ‘boring’ but in fact I’ve never felt so alive in all my life - galaxies away from boring as a state of being. They both looked kind of shocked that I heard them and then said something but I said it with love, honesty & self dignity.

Ok well I have to finish some work stuff before my mom returns. Will catch up with everyone’s posts soon.

Love to you all!

💕🙏🏼😘🦋🌙🌟✨🌈
Old 03-04-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ,

I am about to get my Bubba in bed and I will go too, I am soooo tired by this time of the evening and love getting into my bed!!

I am glad to hear the therapist visit with your sis went well Viper.

Bluesey glad also you are having a good time with your mum. I don't mind boring! Not that sober is boring, if anything numbing out with alcohol is tediously boring ,but I I have had enough "excitement" if that's the right word? personally I would use the words drama, chaos, carnage instead, to last 10 lifetimes due to my drinking. Life now is so much more peaceful, serene and pleasurable. If others view that as boring that's their issue not mine.

Nichole, glad you are back. Everyone is different I can only speak from my own experience and I believe if I was still hanging with my drinking buddies in drinking places then I would probably still be drinking too. I am having to change everything. Friends (although that was not difficult as I had lost a lot of my friends because of my drinking and behaviour, places....I did go into pubs a few times as I was still trying to hold onto my old ideas but it was pretty torturous for me and I haven't been in a pub since Christmas day and I don't want to go in one. I don't want to spend time with heavy drinking people. It's too much temptation for me and I have to protect my sobriety so badly because without my sobriety I will have nothing. If you can get sober around the same people and at the same places then hats off to you but please really think about this, think about what you want and what changes you are willing to make to make it happen,.

HI Daisy and Dee

ERRATIC, how are you.??

Am off to bed now so sleep well everyone and catch up tomorrow

xx
Old 03-04-2019, 03:30 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just doing my pre bed post, hope you've all had a good Monday. It's gone really cold here again, hailstones and sleet too, winter's back with a vengeance.

It's great you're posting more Nichole, the more support the better, I love those gratitude threads, I just do the morning and bedtime ones, I find them really helpful. We don't realise how much we have to be grateful for, until we think about it.

Bluesey I'm really glad that your visit to your mom's is going well, I know you were a bit apprehensive about it. Boring?? If your boring, well all I can say is that I must be mega boring, but that's good, I'm happier being boring than drunk.

Sleep well Suze, I love my bed these days too. I remember when I was drinking and very often I'd climb into bed well after my husband had fallen asleep with all my clothes on, these days its a nightly bath, clean p.j's. moisturiser on and teeth brushed. I'm much more civilised now.

Well I'm off to bed now, back tomorrow. Goodnight all. xx
Old 03-05-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x sry i am still not around alot and posting . got hospital tomo so i am just relaxing about today.

still think of you all x
Old 03-05-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Morning all, posting from my phone so I'll keep it short. Hope you're all okay.

Good to hear from you Erratic and I hope all goes well tomorrow. Let us know. I'll be thinking about you.

Back later. Much love to you all. Xx
Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Whoops. X
Old 03-05-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hello!
Hope everyone is good??

Congrats on your 8 months Vipe, I missed that before !

I am good, apart from by binging on chocolates and sweets the last couple of days. Oh well, I don't beat myself up about it like I used to. Sometimes I need sugar! It's ok, it's not alcohol 😁😁

Today my daughter had a school trip to a little zoo/theme park. She was so excited last night but also nervous in case we would be late and miss the bus(!) so she made me set my alarm earlier and told me not to have a shower this morning as I "take too long" apparently 🤣🤣I walked her to school and her excitement rubbed off on me and then I took a walk along the seafront to my AA meeting. The sun was out but it was windy, the waves were crashing against the beach, the smell of salt water was in the air. Wow! It was amazing. I felt so alive and fresh and free! If I had been drinking it would have been a chore not a pleasure to get my daughter to school today and no way would I be on the seafront at that time of the morning, oh no I would have headed straight back to my pit to fester in till pick up. It wasn't always that way when I drank . I did used to be able to function better and not lie in bed all day but as alcoholism is progressive that is where it took me in the last couple of years.

Every day i don't drink and every day I work on my recovery my life is getting better and more manageable. I am starting to tackle things I have been putting off for months sometimes years. I am starting to make healthy changes to some relationships I have and little by little my self esteem is starting to improve.

I made pancakes for me and my daughter tonight as it is pancake day! Is that the same in the States guys? I had no idea that sober, I am actually pretty good at making pancakes lol. They were yum!

Going to bed now. Sober. (Will never tire of that) and so so grateful.

Sleep well everyone x x