Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 12-29-2018, 11:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Continues from here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-8-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 Part 8)

D
Old 12-30-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First one here woohoo!

Thanks Dee and thanks for the New thread!

I am sick!!!! 😔🤢😡

I blooming knew I was going to get it. Oh well habe cancelled my lunch date and Seren is going to stay with her daddy and i am gonna have a duvet day and hopefully be better tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is good!!
Old 12-30-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Snitch

D
Old 12-30-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Good evening Aprils
It's very quiet on here today, I hope you're all okay. All is okay with me apart from being full of a stonking cold, my A.V has disappeared back to the gutter after losing the battle with me on boxing day, fingers crossed it stays there, the gutter is where it belongs.
We took the Christmas tree and decorations down today, the clutter was beginning to irritate me. I would be loving the bare look, but then the vacuum cleaner blew up before the bits were sucked up, proper flames too, so back to basics it was with a brush and dustpan. I shall have to look out for a new vac in the sales. The washing machine is on it's last legs too so no doubt that will be next.
Anyway other than that, I've not had a bad day, I even had a 'drama free' phone call from my son offering me a large t.v that someone has given him. Hmmm, I politely refused and he took it well. Wonder where he got it from! Ask no questions, get no lies!

I'm okay thanks Dee, my husband had man flu but mine is just a cold.

I'm glad you got home safely Suze and I hope you feel very much better tomorrow. Take good care of yourself.

Goodnight all with lots of love from me. xxx
Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and where are you all? I hope you are all well, happy and sober. It's a very mild morning here, I've been up and dressed for a while, I gave my husband a lift to work and he put all our excess Christmas garbage in the works skip ( he had permission) so I'm grateful to get that out of the way. My g.son has stayed with his daddy for the last couple of days and today too ( eek), so I'm home alone, I missing him but I'm also enjoying some 'me' time. I'm going to make myself some breakfast when I've finished here, have a coffee and then give my mum a lift into town.
See you all later, I hope.

Thought for the day....

"We are like the little branch that quivers during a storm, doubting our strength and forgetting we are the tree—deeply rooted to withstand all life’s upheavals."
Old 12-31-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning my April
Peeps . Just returned from a wonderful mini trip to mainland ! Hope you have a great sobor New Year's Eve! It's raining heavy here on the rock so I plan on a family pj day and night an be tucked up in bed by 9! Bliss !!!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Daisy, hey Strawberry!

I am still sick bleugh. I ran out of medication so I had a shower and popped out and got some painkillers and I bought loads of fruit and veg and made juices and smoothie and gulped them down. My body felt like it was just soaking it all up!!!! It obviously needs it! And if feel a good putting healthy fresh food Into me.

Apart from that am good. Have had a bit of a heart to heart with my "sick" girlfriend and I managed to convey to her how I was feeling in a fairly sensitive and hopefully conducive manner apart from one text when I told her she wasnt the centre of the universe and that CHristmas Day was actually pretty tough on me as well!! But I feel better for getting that off my chest and just being more honest and open and we seemed to be able to communicate better after that!

Seren is still with her dad but I am gonna go over there later and get a curry and put pj's on and spend the night as she is missing me and me her. I just hope she doesn't catch anything from me.

will check in later guys x x
Old 12-31-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just checking in whilst I'm waiting to see the new year in. I'm sat at home, had a lovely bath, p.j's on and drinking my lemon & ginger tea. My next door neighbours ( the neighbours from hell) are making a lot of noise, shouting and singing, I'll give them another half hour and they'll be arguing and fighting,
lol. I don't care though, my night has been peaceful and drama free.
I'm looking forward to a sober new year and sharing it with you all.

Lovely to see you Strawberry and your upside down pic. Sounds like you're in for a peaceful night too, enjoy and a happy new year to you and yours.

I hope you're feeling better tonight Suze, it's not good being poorly on New Years Eve. I'm glad you had a chat with your 'sick' friend, it was probably needed and hopefully it may make her think. Enjoy your night and a very happy and sober new year to you.

Bluesey, Viper, Kelley and of course Dee, I wish you all a happy 2019 with good, sober health, happiness and love. xxx
Old 12-31-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope 2019 is wonderful for you all!

D
Old 12-31-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Dee and my lovely Apriler's!!💖🎉🎉🎉

I have been asleep since 9 and now awake. That's sobriety for you lol. No seriously that is illness! But I am feeling better and it feels great to be going into 2019 sober! I am actually really looking forward to this year. Every New Year was like groundhog day. No more booze. Sort life out. Only to repeat the same insane cycle. Well the booze has already gone and slowly but surely I am sorting my life out. I couldn't be more grateful for the decision I took on April 22nd 2018 to get sober.

Daisy I hope your neighbours didnt disturb you too much! I forgot to say, I did laugh out loud when you said your Hoover blew up. I just had this image in my mind. Glad you are ok though and a very Happy New Year to you lovely lady. I am so glad to have come to know you even though it is only via cyber space . You have been both a tremendous support and a huge inspiration to me. I hope 2019 brings lots of amazing things your way 🤗🤗🤗

Well am blooming wide awake now so may watch something whilst my beautiful little girl is snoring next to me and it is not because I am hungover and can't sleep cos of withdrawl and am free of despair, terror, guilt and shame. FREE FREE FREE! Thank you God!

Blusey, Viper, Kgirl, Erratic, whatever you are all up to this evening, may 2019 bring you love, laughter, peace and serenity.

Dee, thank you for all your words of wisdom and encouragement , and sharing your experience, strengths and hopes with us all and a very blessed Happy New Year to you.

x x x
Old 12-31-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Aprils ! Just checking in to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So grateful for each one of ya!!

Be safe everyone!!!

🎉🎆🎊
Old 01-01-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all!!! Happy new year xx

Sry again for not getting on and posting, my weekend of work was very tiring so i had early night last night so didnt see the new year night in. Had a nice lay in this morn also so nearly slept for 12 hrs.

xmas week at daughters and gson was lovely and tiring and all went well. We got home on friday evening and had to work the weekend due to the lady who was supposed to work got another job so its back to long hrs again. sry for not being able to get the laptop out last week and hope u all had nice xmas.

good to see u all and will be thinking of you all x good to see u strawberry xx will check in later and get back to regular check in and posts x
Old 01-01-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils and a happy 1st January to you all.
I've had the excitement ( not) of going out and buying a new vacuum cleaner today, so looking forward to trying it out in a minute, says she with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, lol.

I hope 2019 is wonderful for you too Dee and thank you.

So glad you're feeling better Suze and it's such a good feeling to start a new year being sober and knowing that things can only get better.
My neighbours didn't bother me that much really to be honest, they were loud and still singing at 2. am but at the end of the day I've done the same in the past and as long as they don't cause me any harm, why should I let it bother me. I could always get my husband to play some loud heavy metal music whilst they are having a lie in, lol, but I wont. ( unless they do it again tonight lol.). Enjoy your day and make some lovely memories with the beautiful Seren. xxx

Hi Bluesey and a very happy, sober new year to you, I'm so glad that you and the others here are part of my journey. Thank you. xxx

Hi Erratic and a happy New Year to you too. I'm sorry I missed your name off in my previous post, my bad, it wasn't intentional. xx
That big lie in will have done you good after all those hours you put in at work, you must have needed the rest.
I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas with your daughter and Willem, he is a little sweetheart, I bet you spoilt him rotten.

Off now to vacuum the bits up, oh what joy.
Back later and love to you all.

Thought for the day......

"At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end."
Old 01-01-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Evening all!.

I have had a lovely day albeit a wee bit stressful. We went for a long walk in the seafront today. It was a beautiful winters day, clear blue sky and bright sunshine. I took Seren and we met my sponsor and her kids. She has a 12 year old , a 4year old and a baby. But her little boy was very clingy to her and he doesn't shut up (bless his heart!) so we didn't have a chance to talk much and we were always stopping and starting on the walk. Slightly frustrating. I know that cant be helped but I am finding it is stressful being with people who have too many children lol!.

We had a late lunch/early dinner out so it was nice to just chill out when we got home. Seren is still up as she wanted to watch a film and as she is back to school Thursday I thought a bit of a late night tonight won't hurt!

Not much else to report. I hope 2019 is a bit more exciting for me I feel bored myself with my own posts hahahah.

Daisy you crack me up. I need a new Hoover and the sad thing is I am actually looking forward to getting one!!! With a really good suction on it lol.

Well our little class has certainly dwindled down hasn't it? 😕 I really hope Donny comes back. Nichole too. Well, we will be waiting for them when we do.

Night all x x
Old 01-01-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone.

I find myself back on Day 1 and in the January class. Guess I'll never learn?

Daisy - you continue to be an inspiration.

Much love

JT
Old 01-01-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's gone midnight and I'm just quickly doing my bedtime check in. Hope you've all had an amazing new years day!
I'm a bit peed because my son had my g.son stay over last night, his reasoning being that he wanted to spend new years eve with his son which is fair enough. I picked my g.son up at 4 pm this afternoon and he told me on the way home that daddy went to bed last night at 9 o clock because he was very tired and my g.son stayed downstairs on his own until 11.45!!! He's just 9 for goodness sake and the house my son lives in has big French windows at the rear that are broken and can't be locked, so there is no security. I'm so not impressed. At the moment I just diary everything, I've been involved with S.S previously who have been as much use as a chocolate tea pot and unless a child has actually been injured they are unwilling to help and that's the truth. There is so much I could say and it gets me nowhere!
My husband went out this afternoon with my 2 brothers, they went to the pub for an hour just for a new years drink. He came home after 4.5 hours walking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back, stinking like a brewery and talking gobbeldy ****. I just sent him to bed, I can't say anything and it doesn't happen often, he's not a drinker. I just hope he has a raging hangover tomorrow as he's in work at 7.30
Other than that, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I've got my 3 g.children,a borrowed one and we are going to a safari park with my daughter's m.i.l, who is my bestie.

Sorry your day has been more stressful than you hoped Suze, but I do envy you having a beach close enough to go for a walk along the front, I would so love that but the nearest beach to me is about 15 miles away. Sounds like your sponsor has her hands full, bless her, it must be hard with 3 little ones.
Awe, your posts are never boring, I love reading them, mine are boring, it's just the same old, same old with me.
I tried the new vac out, its a Miele, very posh as far as vacs go and it has a very strong suction, so strong it nearly took the landing carpet up lol. I can't get too enthusiastic about a vacuum cleaner, I'd much rather be looking for a pair of boots.
Our class really has dwindled and I would be over the moon if Donny boy and Nichole came back. I think they will when they're ready and we will welcome them with open arms.

Tony so glad to see you back and thank you for your kind words. I think about you often. Day 1 is a good place to start and you are learning, what I like about you is your honesty, plus the fact that you keep coming back and that proves to me that you really do want to do this. Never give up, because I know you can do it. Take good care of yourself. xxxxx

Dee is it usual for classes to dwindle like this and if so do you have an idea at the beginning who will stick with it and who will bale out? Just wondering. x

Goodnight lovelies, sleep well.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

HELLO! Happy New Year kids!!

170 days.

I’ve had some serious stress come on. The AV is acting up, I guess. Not about booze, but about my trip. What I’m doing is pretty big and I’m smashing out of my comfort zone. I think something inside is saying I’m not good enough or tough enough, or I don’t deserve it. It’s coming across as this voice saying ‘it’s all wrong!! What are you thinking? This is not the right place to go?? Why did you make it such a long trip? I won’t get over the language barrier!!!’ This morning I was seriously trippin’!!

This is especially when I wake up. The fact this is happening tells me I need to go, and not change anything much about it. Just push through the fear. Everything was just right, until it became a serious reality, that’s approaching rapidly.

Luckily I have good family members to call and talk to about it.

I’ve got a few things to get done. I’m supposed to clean up my part of the house. That’s like the last thing I give a crap about.

I just need all my stuff put together and everything packed and to make sure I’m get on the plane. Screw cleaning my room. Seriously WTF. May or may not happen.

Alright.

5uper, good to see you.

Viper
Old 01-01-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Happy New Year everyone.

I find myself back on Day 1 and in the January class. Guess I'll never learn?

Daisy - you continue to be an inspiration.

Much love

JT
Happy New Year Tony! I believe you will learn! You are back and willing. Quitting drinking is not easy but it is possible. Myself, Daisy, Blusey, Kgirl, Viper, we are living proof it can be done and each of us has found our own path way. Please come back and check in regularly. If you feel you are struggling maybe we can share what we did when we struggled as goodness knows I have struggled a lot.

Best wishes to you and here is to a sober 2019 one day at a time!
Old 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
It's gone midnight and I'm just quickly doing my bedtime check in. Hope you've all had an amazing new years day!
I'm a bit peed because my son had my g.son stay over last night, his reasoning being that he wanted to spend new years eve with his son which is fair enough. I picked my g.son up at 4 pm this afternoon and he told me on the way home that daddy went to bed last night at 9 o clock because he was very tired and my g.son stayed downstairs on his own until 11.45!!! He's just 9 for goodness sake and the house my son lives in has big French windows at the rear that are broken and can't be locked, so there is no security. I'm so not impressed. At the moment I just diary everything, I've been involved with S.S previously who have been as much use as a chocolate tea pot and unless a child has actually been injured they are unwilling to help and that's the truth. There is so much I could say and it gets me nowhere!
My husband went out this afternoon with my 2 brothers, they went to the pub for an hour just for a new years drink. He came home after 4.5 hours walking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back, stinking like a brewery and talking gobbeldy ****. I just sent him to bed, I can't say anything and it doesn't happen often, he's not a drinker. I just hope he has a raging hangover tomorrow as he's in work at 7.30
Other than that, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I've got my 3 g.children,a borrowed one and we are going to a safari park with my daughter's m.i.l, who is my bestie.

Sorry your day has been more stressful than you hoped Suze, but I do envy you having a beach close enough to go for a walk along the front, I would so love that but the nearest beach to me is about 15 miles away. Sounds like your sponsor has her hands full, bless her, it must be hard with 3 little ones.
Awe, your posts are never boring, I love reading them, mine are boring, it's just the same old, same old with me.
I tried the new vac out, its a Miele, very posh as far as vacs go and it has a very strong suction, so strong it nearly took the landing carpet up lol. I can't get too enthusiastic about a vacuum cleaner, I'd much rather be looking for a pair of boots.
Our class really has dwindled and I would be over the moon if Donny boy and Nichole came back. I think they will when they're ready and we will welcome them with open arms.

Tony so glad to see you back and thank you for your kind words. I think about you often. Day 1 is a good place to start and you are learning, what I like about you is your honesty, plus the fact that you keep coming back and that proves to me that you really do want to do this. Never give up, because I know you can do it. Take good care of yourself. xxxxx

Dee is it usual for classes to dwindle like this and if so do you have an idea at the beginning who will stick with it and who will bale out? Just wondering. x

Goodnight lovelies, sleep well.
Oh Daisy that is not nice to read about your grandson. It must be so difficult for you. Thank goodness he is with you a lot! I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow and I hope your hubby has a raging hangover too! (Haha I am sooo mean!)

You made me laugh with the thought of the Hoover lifting the whole Hoover up 🤣🤣🤣
Old 01-01-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
HELLO! Happy New Year kids!!

170 days.

I’ve had some serious stress come on. The AV is acting up, I guess. Not about booze, but about my trip. What I’m doing is pretty big and I’m smashing out of my comfort zone. I think something inside is saying I’m not good enough or tough enough, or I don’t deserve it. It’s coming across as this voice saying ‘it’s all wrong!! What are you thinking? This is not the right place to go?? Why did you make it such a long trip? I won’t get over the language barrier!!!’ This morning I was seriously trippin’!!

This is especially when I wake up. The fact this is happening tells me I need to go, and not change anything much about it. Just push through the fear. Everything was just right, until it became a serious reality, that’s approaching rapidly.

Luckily I have good family members to call and talk to about it.

I’ve got a few things to get done. I’m supposed to clean up my part of the house. That’s like the last thing I give a crap about.

I just need all my stuff put together and everything packed and to make sure I’m get on the plane. Screw cleaning my room. Seriously WTF. May or may not happen.

Alright.

5uper, good to see you.

Viper
Well done for recognising that negative (I call it my alcoholism) voice! And it sounds like you are doing a good job of shutting it down.well done. Don't listen to it, literally tell it to bugger off! Also sharing it here is great. It takes the power out of it.

You know what Vipe, I truly believe that all of us here are on a journey and that we are all right where we should be at this moment in time. You are on the right path. And when you think about it, each time we drank we had no idea what the consequences of that drink may be. Jail? Insanity? Death? Pretty scary consequences! And we did it anyway! We can do anything lol!!!!! You are meant to be on this trip, it is going to be amazing, I feel that this will be making of you! Remember F.E.A.R is False Evidence Appearing Real. You got this Viper!!!!

Now go clean your part of the house you lazy bugger 🤣🤣🤣🤣