Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 03-07-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Glad your back Donny!!

Ive got a heavy ‘pata pata pata pata’ noise coming from my damn car engine today. It’s loud. I’m hoping it’s not something expensive.

I want like to get it looked at tomorrow, but I need to work that into..... Picking up my BMW G650GS motorcycle at the dealer tomorrow 😮. I figured WTF, right? I need a hobby. Riding with a group of guys, learning to work on it myself, etc. I can add accessories, pimp it out with crash guards and extra lighting, badass decals, all that good stuff.

A 2011 with 2000 miles. Just fully serviced. Like new. BMW Factory upgrades and the mileage make this a gem.

It’s an equally capable workhorse, On and Off road (depending on which tires you put on). It’s a legendary bike. This is the last iteration of 30 years of their G650. Loaded: Antilock brakes, heated hand grips, center stand, Barkbuster metal hand guards, upgraded foot pegs, upgraded chain and heavy duty chain guard, power outlets, high end wind screen, etc etc.

The dealer put me in touch with the last owner who is a Police Chief and Director of the biggest university Criminal Justice Program in the area. He’s really awesome and invited me into his little pack of adventure riders.

This bike thing may or may not work out for me, but if I can handle it (with my illness), it seems like a way to make a ton of connections and healthy friends. These ain’t Harley riders.

This is an ok article. Bare in mind any writer for Rider magazine is 6 foot 5 inches. The bike is not small. https://ridermagazine.com/2011/11/25...-gs-road-test/

BMW site has photos to scroll thru
http://m.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bik...ml?ref=desktop

Old 03-07-2019, 08:41 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi all,

It's 4am here. Needed the loo and bam wide awake! I was asleep by 9pm though so maybe that's why.

Everything is ticking along ok here. I had a lazy morning yesterday, I watched Leaving Neverland. Has anyone seen it? Two grown up men who are saying Micheal Jackson abused them as kids. Part 2 was on last night so will watch that later. I really hopeit isn't true. I feel inclined not to believe them but only they and MJ know the truth I guess.

Remember i have spoken about my girlfriend before who is addicted to dihydrocodeine and has 3 kids and breastfeeding one? Well she has split from the daddy of her year old baby girl. He seems to have his own issues with alcohol and drug use. But they went to court yesterday over his access to their daughter. It's all getting nasty between them. Anyway we went to a kids place after school yesterday. The kids can run about (inside) and play and there are sofas and a cafe. So I know she has alot on her mind at the moment but being 100% clear headed now and also working a recovery programme I could see just how detached and unpresent she was for her kids. She spent the whole time there on her phone , barked at her older children when they wanted anything from her, and the baby was playing with a glass on the floor whilst she was joining Tinder!! (A dating app). It was so sad and so painful to watch. Don't get me wrong I am by no means a saint when it comes to my child and I am not judging her either I am really not. I put alcohol before or at least on a par to my daughter's needs many times. But I am sober now and I thank God I have a programme to help get me through, well everything really. I want to tell her what I witness to help her but I don't think it would go down very well it's really difficult. Maybe I just need to stay out of things and hopefully she will figure it out herself? She is still on these tablets and apparently she has a care planvia her GP to eventually reduce them although that isn't happening right now. I can see how she is sometimes "not with it". It's sad. I am so grateful my eyes have been opened now and I am out of that insanity.

Apart from that not much else. After my lazy morning I had a productive day getting admin sorted.ugh I hate it but I had a list to work though...I had to chase my solicitor about the lease on my flat, it is an on going thing they have been super slow with it but I made progress yesterday, contact the fire alarm company re the annual maintenance report and let the other flat owners know, contact my mobile phone insurer to get my old phone repaired, book dentist appointments, etc etc. So I got all that done. Today I need to apply for a loan to consolidate my debt, contact a claims company for PPI, and call the garage re the MOT on car. Not that I want the car but they are saying the car failed the mot because of brake pad and discs and headlights are out of focus. Well 1. They are the ones who have always fitted the headlights so need to query that and 2. I have some paperwork from them that I found yesterday that says if you have brake pads and discs fitted by them (kwik fit) then you become a lifetime customer and can have them continually replaced by them. So I need to check that out. Ugh I hate anything to do with cars but I hate being ripped off more. So am on a mission haha. I would never be getting this stuff done if I was drinking. I wouldn't have even cared.

Viper your day sounds so much more interesting. Motorbikes. They scare the s&%t out of me but nothing feels more free than riding one. Well I have only ridden on the back in my youth but it was great fun. And look, a new opportunity to join a bike club or whatever it is. Fab.

Gonna try to sleep more.

Night guys x x
Old 03-08-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Short on time just want to say hey and hopefully everyone is okay I’m hanging in the best I can lots of stress from my family and I have a funeral today kids are running fever sick and I’m getting sick and have 100 things to do hopefully to be able to actually post tonight or tomorrow
Have a lovely day
Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay strong Nichole

D
Old 03-08-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Stay Strong from me too Nichole!! Keep posting 💚
Old 03-08-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

OMG today was a disaster. I’m exhausted and I’ve been in been since 2pm. My brother was supposed to go with me for the new bike with a trailer from his neighbor. My car started acting up badly this morning, and I can’t drive it or I risk severe damage. I had to figure out what to do. That was causing me a heart attack, and getting the bike causing me a heart attack too, I couldn’t figure out what I was going to do. My brother stormed out, no patience. He got a speeding ticket 5 minutes later!!

Now my car is at the shop and my brother won’t respond. He’s ticked off. Oh plus he has to put down his dog at 5pm and that just got planned this morning. He really wasn’t a fan of that dig to be honest, but it’s going to be sad he said.

Hes trying to sell his little Honda since he got a new truck and he HAD to get it in front of my dad’s house TODAY, like right now!!! He could waited until a day without emergencies, got me and my car somewhere and then gone out with me.

So I am F-ed up today. Timing belts are ridiculous. I had the thing done at a cut rate price and this is what happens. It’s supposed to go 100k miles, but you pay the cut rate cost, it lasts 30k miles, then you pay for a quality job.

Viper
Old 03-08-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrows a better day Vipe

D
Old 03-08-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope you've all had a good Friday. I've had a busy one, this morning I went to my daughter's new house to let the carpet fitters in, then I took my mum grocery shopping. I've had the oldest grandson all day because he was off school sick and this afternoon the little one was representing his school in a cross country run. He did really well too, he came second for the boys in his school and 7th overall, there were 35 boys running. I was really proud of him because although he's 9 he's about the size of an average 6 year old, he's like a little wippet though.
The weather's gone very cold and wet again and at the minute it's blowing a gale out there, I hate the wind, I have visions of all my roof tiles blowing off.

Well you've had a bit of a day Viper, lets hope tomorrows a better one. Your bike sounds amazing, you'll have to get a photo to show us if you can.

Hiya Suze, I watched that programme about Michael Jackson too and you're right only M.J and those involved know the truth. The big thing for me is the parents who left their children with him for days on end, I mean what kind of a parent would do that?
Wow, you did have a productive day but I don't envy you re the car stuff, that would drive me mad.

Stay focused Nichole, post when you can, we're always her for you. xx

Hope all is good with you Dee.

Donny boy please come and check in.

I'm off to bed now so goodnight all. xxxxxxxx
Old 03-08-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Morning Aprils, doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I last posted, lol. Hope you're all okay. This is my favourite time of the day, I'm up alone whilst the rest of the house are still snoozing, I'm having a coffee, enjoying the solitude and peace and having a good old peruse of S.R. It makes me feel better to see the mornings are getting lighter, the spring flowers are mostly in bloom, the birds are singing even though it's cold at 6C. We had some sad news about one of my husbands friends yesterday, he hadn't heard from him for a while then when making some enquiries found out that he is in a nursing home with a very aggressive form of Alzheimer's and has been given around 6 months to live. He's only in his late 50's and was fine just before Christmas. It certainly puts things into perspective, life is too short to waste. I'm so glad I'm sober this morning, I've wasted far too much of mine.

Going to get a shower now and get dressed, but I'll be back later no doubt. Have the best Saturday you can April's. Much love to you all.

Thought for the day......"Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once."
Old 03-09-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

must be a busy weekend DB

D
Old 03-09-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Must be Dee xx

Just checking in to say goodnight and I hope I'll see more of you tomorrow.

xxx
Old 03-10-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils if you're about, it's a good thing I enjoy my own company lol. It's an awful wet, cold, dismal morning here but I'm up and about hangover and guilt free so all is good.
RANT ALERT
I'm going to have a bit of a rant now, so please feel free to scroll on if you wish. It's just another grumble about my son, same old, same old.
My grandson is still here with us since Friday evening, daddy is supposed to have him at weekend but he went off the radar again. Friday night I expected my grandson to sleep over as his other grandad ( my ex husband) was taking him out and not bringing him back till quite late, but when he does that I usually take him home around lunch time on Saturday. I heard no word from daddy at all Saturday, which did get my suspicions up as he usually texts asking what time I'm taking his son to him. He didn't message his son either (nothing new there though) . At 6.45 last night I sent him a text saying that I would leave at 7.15 to have his son with him for about 7.30. I then got a reply saying he wouldn't be back till 9.30 at the earliest and that was all, no explanation, no apology, no enquiry as to how his son is etc. I didn't even bother replying as there's no reasoning with a Narcopath. I just feel so used. He's got me over a barrel because he knows that I'll do anything for his child but his selfishness and sense of entitlement never fail to rock me, you'd think I'd be well used to it by now. Oh well.
On a positive note, my son is my biggest trigger but I didn't let him trigger me last night even though I was bubbling on the inside.
Moan over.

I hope you all have a really good Sunday and I hope to see more of you here later. Much love to you. xxx

Thought for the day..."We may have all come in different ships, but we’re in the same boat now."
Old 03-10-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Daisy. That is a really hard spot you’re in. Would anyone say he’s sick and just accept that? I don’t think so, I’m sure you’d do whatever you could to help clean up. Stuck in the cycle of addiction. So terrible.

My day didn’t get any better. Brother is now on some kind of BS tirade about how he has to do all this stuff for me, just drop everything and be at all kinds of emergency situations. He arranged time to borrow a trailer (just take it from his neighbor’s house). He ‘set aside time’ to pick up the bike (not like he has ANYTHING else to do anyway. And 2 minutes before he arrived at the coffee shop to get me, my mechanic messaged that the video I texted has ‘timing belt noise’ written all over it, I cannot drive the car, and it’s $990 to redo it. The mechanic that did it before was not responding. I was panicked. I’m going to give a stack of cash for a bike and now another $1000 needs to be spent???!!! Not to mention my health has been very poor and I’m buying the bike on the assumption I will get better. So I’m a raw nerve.

My brother stormed out and now I’m this huge burden. I’m not to visit him 😂. Which really is laughable considering he’s kicking out 50% of the people that’ll hang out with him just by ejecting me. He can’t make friends. Lots of other s—— going on there too with his personal life. A frigid sham marriage. Uuugghhh.

Booooring booooring booooring. I don’t need him to get this done. He volunteered. I looked on Craigslist and there’s 5 guys with vans and such, in my immediate area, that will pick up and deliver anything. They specifically mention motorcycles. That makes more sense than me borrowing a truck and renting a trailer. Or renting a box truck. It will just show up at my house.

With my sister, I really really screwed up. I was very upset. We have a warm, loving relationship, even though she be crazy, but so can I. I hurt her. This situation is very different.

Well I got an Uber to get some coffee and get out of the house for a while. It’s been crap weather, but this week is going to get warm. 53 degrees!!!

It’s my birthday week too, so I’ll expect gifts from all of you. PM for my address. Motorcycle Gear gift certificates welcome!

Tomorrow I’ll Uber down again. The car should be ready in the morning. Dropped it Friday noon, so with the weekend it took a bit.

V 🐍😐

Old 03-10-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

DOOOOONNNYYY???? WTF?

Nichole luv 💚💚💚 were always here for you. I second that comment!
Old 03-10-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Evening all, just doing my bedtime check in. I hope you've all had a really good weekend. It's very cold here, the weather is atrocious, hailstones, rain, snow, I don't like it one bit. Re my previous post, I got a text message at 9.20 this morning asking when I was taking his son to him! H
Old 03-10-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Morning all. I caught up on posts last night but was too tired to respond. Its 3am and i have just woken up for work. Ugh. First day for me travelling to work sans car. I am getting a text at 4 to thr coach station and then the national express to LHR. Feel a bit fearful about it! But I am.sure it will all be fine. It means getting up an hour and a half earlier than if I were driving but it also means I can sleep on the journey!!. So I'll text more when I am on the coach

xx
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Congrats on 11 months Daisy!!

Hola Donny! Nice to see you’re doing ok!

Sending hugs to you all!

Im having some eye issues and have to keep my contacts out for a while but they are hurting and tearing constantly. I have some really good natural drops so I’m on the mend but looking at my phone and computer is just torture (. I’ve lowered the lighting on both but trying to stay off as much as possible.

Besides that - life is good! Busy, but I’m happy to be able to balance everything. Yet another gift of sobriety

Sweet Dreams Daisy, Suzy, Vipe, Erratic, Dee, Nichole, Donny, Kgirl, Strawberry...?

💕🙏🏼💕
Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope things improve eyewise bluesy

D
Old 03-11-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

My lovely April family
Hopefully everyone is doing good this morning!!!!
I’m completely lost and confused things are going through my head I want to believe but don’t know if I can’t accept them
Wishing you a lovely day!!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nichole - as long as you stay sober, and stay on your prescribed meds, you can find your way out of the confusion - I know it

D