Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn x

yeah dee same old crap alcohol and everything. thanks snitch x

I am on my second day of detox and i am just doing it myself, so i will see how things go. i have doctor on monday, so if i have any probs will see her. I also got my appointment through from hospital which on 5th march so will again see what they got to say.

sry nichole x we are still here for you and i am thinking about how u are also x

so back to work in morn, which is fine as i am doing proper pt hrs now which i have 4 days off now so i am able to have time to myself.

sry for not really being posting x here thinking of you all x
Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rooting for you erratic

D
Old 02-13-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Morning Aprils, hope you're all well, sorry I didn't get chance to check in yesterday, I've just had a mega busy couple of days and I'm having loads of grief off the wayward one so I'm feeling a bit down but.... I will not drink over it, I don't want to and I refuse to even think about it.
The concert on Monday night was epic, I never dreamt it would be so amazing, 6500 children singing, it was a night to remember and I'll treasure the memories forever. Then last night I went to watch my oldest grandson in a play, Shakespear's 'Midsummer nights dream' that was really good too, I'm a very proud nan.
Re my son, I'll tell you more later, I'm going to visit a friend for coffee in a few minutes, she's actually a prison chaplain working in men only prisons, she also has an adult son who's an alcoholic and a druggie and in fact he and my son met in a rehab centre and are 'friends' of a kind. My friend talks a lot of sense and it's always good to hear someone else's prospective on things, so we should have a good morning putting the world to rights.

I'd better move myself now, I'll read your posts and reply properly later. Have a good 'top of the hill' day. Love to you all. xx

Thought for the day..... "I can affect change by transforming the only thing that I ever had control over in the first place and that is myself."
Old 02-13-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a wonderful day DB

D
Old 02-13-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Well helloooo sober family! Do you all remember me?? lol
I know I don't get out here much anymore but I am still sober...305 days to be exact. My 1 year milestone is just around the corner but I have a Jamaica trip to get through between now and then so I'm having some anxiety about that. I feel confident that I won't drink....I'm more concerned about feeling left out or not having as much fun? Old stinkin thinkin I guess!
The last couple of months have been pretty hard....man adulting sure is hard sometimes! I have work struggles, the weather has been unbelievable....piles of snow and cold....my son has had 10 snow days this year!! Unprecedented!! My depression and anxiety has been heightened...and I found out recently I have PMDD which causes these horrible outbursts of anger and suicidal thoughts. I'm getting it under control...lots of things I can do with diet and lifestyle, supplements and oils that I want to try before taking any anti depressants.
Anyway, that's why I haven't been out here much...just been dealing with a lot and it feels like SO MUCH work to get my computer out (sarcastic).
Nichole - I read you have 37 days? That is fantastic! I'm really proud of you! Keep fighting the good fight!
Congrats Vipe on 7 months!! Very proud of you and all the work you have put in to your sobriety!
Hi suze, hi daisey <3
Hey erratic - how's your detox going?
Hi Dee!!
Big hugs to all of you
Old 02-13-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Nichole bigs hugs 💜💙🌈. We love you no matter what. I hope you can keep gaining clarity and eventually get out of this, because I know it’s just hell and sober life is SO much better. You are doing better and better, thats good enough. Keep at it!!

I’ve got a bug up my rear because I was messaging a sober buddy today and he kept harping on AA. I know it’s a great program, but I didn’t like it. He would not relent that if I do not join up and give myself over to AA, that I’m simply giving myself an out to pick up again. ‘It’s the ONLY way to stay sober.’ Frankly that’s laughable. Listen, anyone that is sober and uses AA is my hero. I don’t care how you do it. If it works, it’s worth a million dollars.

However, there is a real brainwashed aspect to that s—- that I’m not buying into. The ONLY way? With your 5% success rate? That outdated book?

I know many that AA has saved and I wish I’d given myself to them 10 years ago. Now I have a therapist, a psychiatrist, a life coach, and an integrative Medicine APRN. I have worked my ass off to get to this point. Maybe the guy is right. I will be the only person out of 50 people he’s had this discussion with that stays sober and isn’t lead to a devasting disaster.

AA had zero to do with my 211 days thus far, unless you count the meetings I went to and listened to everyone. I was too much of a snot nosed jerk, in denial to give up then. I’m not that person now though. He talked about gaining the tools to stay sober. What do you think I have multiple therapy sessions a week for??? Not to gain tools? I did 2 years, once a week with an incredibly talented therapist, then kept that going and added the life coach, and more and more. Don’t act like I have my head in the sand. I’m trying to tell the dude I finally don’t have my head in the sand. I’m just ticked off. Scientology level fanatic. Damn

Im not here to argue with anyone. That exchange has really turned me off to AA now. I was open to it before this morning.

Ok ok I gotta eat

Viper, talk tomorrow

Old 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Vipe

AAers are no different to anyone else in that they have found a way that works for them and they want to share it round..

Some people share that skilfully and others may be a little more tactless but I think it all comes from a good place.

I know there are probably people reading and other members of this thread using AA - lets not get all sectarian here

I wouldn't extrapolate your anger at your friend into something bigger.
Your friend thought he was helping. He wasn't- ok, let it go.

D
Old 02-13-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kgirl- adulting is hard but worth it

I'm sorry for all the dram DB - hope you get a good nights kip tho.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, hope you've all had a good day. It's been unseasonably warm here today and forecast to be a gorgeous weekend. Most unusual for February but I'm not complaining. I've just had a lovely scented bath, washed my hair and I'm sat here in my p.j's ready for bed.
I've been a bit down in the dumps the last couple of days, my son messaged me yesterday and told me that he has changed his hours at work and as from a week on Monday he will be having his son back and he will take him to breakfast club at school each morning before he goes to work. He had my grandson last night for a couple of hours and told him about the changes, well my grandson was already over tired,ratty and emotional after his very late night on Monday and was distraught. He doesn't want to go to breakfast club, it's all little ones that go and none of his friends go etc, etc. He sobbed himself to sleep last night, it was awful, he told me that he feels sad and he hates his life. He's 9! I was so upset, though I put on a brave face for him. When he was asleep I sent my son a text saying that I wished he had waited until weekend to tell him about breakfast club because his son cried himself to sleep. You wouldn't believe the torrent of text abuse I got, I answered the first few but it was getting ridiculous, he was twisting everything I said. I stopped replying when I realised it was pointless but he was still sending them at midnight. In his words I'm an extremely negative, selfish witch who gives him no support!!!! I've only had his son 24/7 since last September with no financial help from him whatsoever but obviously that doesn't count.
Anyway, I'm trying not to get too stressed because he never sticks to anything he does, it won't last long him having his son full time because he can't cope with him and he doesn't like parting with money, but it's the effect all this will have on the child again, he offers him no stability. I'm going into school tomorrow to speak with the head mistress just to put her in the picture and to have everything put on record. I will be strong, every knock I get from him makes me stronger, I will bounce back and I wont drink.

Hugs Nichole, I'm sorry you drank and I know you'll be beating yourself up about it. No need to though, you had over 30 days sober and those days count. Pick yourself up, brush yourself down and jump right back on the wagon. You can do it.

Hi Suze, hope you reached your destination safely. Sorry you're having the drinking dreams but I do think that all the stress you've been dealing with has brought this on.

I'll have to go to bed now, can't keep my eyes open. Take care all of you. xx
Old 02-13-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I’m sorry I’m not trying to be sectarian and I like I said I know it helps a lot of people. I just don’t want it shoved down my throat.

im just ticked off and needed to vent. It was a long kind of argument. Whatever works for you. I’m not disparaging the program really, it’s this guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get that - it's not nice, Vipe.

D
Old 02-13-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and no offense to AA folks. I might even want to go at some point. Just not today.

I spent the day looking for a healthy alternative to drinking, a motorcycle. I went to a couple of dealers. I know what I want, just finding it at a good price around here isn’t going to be too easy. It’s a Honda CB 500X. There was a time a year ago when there were used ones around but not right now. Why spend full price when a nice used one is 60% of new?

V 🐍
Old 02-14-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Morning Aprils, hope you've all had a good nights sleep or a good day or a good whatever. I've been up for a while, showered, dressed and having a cup of tea whilst the rest of the house is fast asleep. I love this quiet time to myself. It's pitch black out there yet and very cold. I slept quite well all things considered and its good to be hangover and guilt free.
I've got an appointment at the hairdressers this morning for a cut and colour, so I'll be all glam later...not.

Morning Suze, hope you're okay and I hope your hotel is up to scratch. Those drinking dreams are so real, good reminders though of the way it was and how we don't want to be again. I hope your anxiety has eased up and you manage to enjoy your time in South America.

I'm sorry to read that you've been struggling too Erratic, just stick with it and take each day as it comes, each hour even, you will get there. Are you not bothering with the gym any more? I remember you going a couple of times.
I hope work goes easy on you and please try and post more on your days off, I miss you and it's so much easier not to drink when you get support.

Thanks Dee, the concert was amazing, a night to remember. I hope all is good with you.

Had to dash off and do the school run etc, back home now to finish my post with a coffee before I go and get my hair chopped. The sun's out now and it's a cold but lovely day x

Hi Kelley and of course we remember you, how could we not? You've been missed. I think you'll be fine in Jamaica and the good thing is that you'll be able to remember every precious moment, you've been through so much the last few weeks and not drank, Jamaica will be a doddle and it won't be long now till you hit that one year, it'll be here before you know it. Keep doing what you're doing and come back and post here when you can. xx

Vipes, I think the A.A in America is a lot more regimented than it is over here in the U.K, that's how it's portrayed to me anyway. I've been to A.A in the past and I did enjoy it but for various reasons I don't go now. I'm doing fine right now with the support I'm getting from S.R and you lovely people here but if I ever I start struggling again, I would certainly consider going back. Stick to what works for you, horses for courses and all that.
I hope you manage to find a bike that suits.

Thanks Dee, I did sleep well and I'm coping a lot better with the drama than I did when I was self medicating with wine.

Well that's me done for now, no doubt I'll be back later. Take care you lot and lots of love to you all.

Thought for the day......

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future."
Old 02-14-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I hate hate hate hate did I mention hate alcohol I’m making this my day one sober is so much better I have been sick all day freezing and having the shakes...
I’m never asking my husband for advice again or for support he told me I’m not an alcoholic and he doesn’t care if I drink or not but I’m pretty sure I’m an alcoholic over the 3 days I’ve had few bottles of wine pint of vodka 11 mix drinks and probably around 12 beers I think... which that doesn’t sound right sounds like I definitely have a problem I don’t think a normal person would intake that much over 3 days and it’s definitely kicking my butt and to be honest I don’t remember much about the evening because I blacked out and passed out so only thing to do is never ever drink again no matter what it was a big mistake and I have learned from it
Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post at the min. I arrived safely and I have a lovely crew, the flight wasn't full so it was nice and quiet and depsite being 11 and a half hours long it passed quite quickly and I got 3 hours sleep on board. The bus journey to hotel was looooong though and I was hanging when I got here and I had a really restless sleep. Horrible dreams and felt like I was struggling to breathe. Woke up sobbing and panting for breath. Horrid!

But I had a couple of cups of tea and now just watching Dirty John on Netflix. ! I have been waiting for that to come on....

I will post more later. X x
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils

Just doing my bedtime check in, I hope you've all had a good day, mine has been drama free thank goodness. Got my hair done and I feel better for it, it was a mess. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at Liverpool University Dental Hospital to see a restorative dentist, I'm half looking forward to it and half petrified. I need quite a bit of work doing on my teeth, I went through a 9 month spell last year of being sick every day ( sorry I know it may be tmi) due to my UlcerativeColitis and as a result the acid has stripped a lot of the enamel off my teeth and they are week and crumbly so my normal dentist referred me. I'm very concious of my dodgy teeth and can't wait to get them fixed.

Nichole your post reminded me of why I don't want to drink so thank you. I think that if you took the time to find S.R and read and post there on a daily basis, you obviously believe you have a problem and being realistic it isn't normal to drink until you pass out. It's your life so you do whatever you need to do to get it in order. Those 30+ days weren't a waste, use what you learned to help yourself and others. Big hugs xx

Hi Suze, glad you reached your destination safe and sound, enjoy the remaining time you have there. I'm sorry you're having a spell of drinking dreams, they're just horrible, I hope they pass very quickly xxxxxxxxx

Going to bed now, catch up tomorrowxxxxx

Sleep well Aprils xxx
Old 02-14-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hey all.. about to turn the lights out. I have been in bed all day binge watching netflix going between Dirty John and Slasher! My crew were meeting in the bar, and some going for dinner. I feel comfortable enough to meet now and not want to drink alcohol but I have been so exhausted all day, I just couldn't be bothered. Tomorrow we are meeting for breakfast and gonna go out somewhere, not sure where it is a concrete jungle here in the city but need to do something and the weather is not that great. Anyway, it's nice to be able to chill out.

Vipe,that guy is not the AA programme. He is but one member of AA. You get all sorts in recovery whatever programme it is. In tradition 11, (I think) it says "attraction rather than promotion". Of course AA is not the only way to get sober, there is plenty of evidence right here on this forum, maybe your friend is just so grateful for his programme of recovery he wants to share it. I don't agree with telling people if they don't do it the AA way then they are going to drink again. But don't let one member put you off. I am glad I kept sticking around and going back. It is working for me. That and this forum. Go to some meetings and make your own mind up 😊
Nichole, so sorry to hear you drank. Like Daisy, your post has served as a great reminder to me where alcohol will take me. It took me a long time to reach the point I am at now. Who knows if and when that moment of clarity reaches us to get and stay sober. Mine was definitely 9 months ago. Everytime I drank it always ended the same way and everytime I kept going back to it until my moment of clarity, I was totally beaten. I had given it my best shot;,,,24 years of trying to control alcohol and it had me totally beat. I had to completely surrender. I have to say, for me, once that surrender took place it really helped to fight this. I really hope you get your moment of clarity sooner rather than later. I really wish I had.

Erratic, how are you doing?

Kgirl, you can recognise that stinking thinkin!! I can tell you right now you will not be missing out on anything. If you drink you will miss out on everything!!! You have got this!

Daisy, how wonderful to be able to see your grandchildren perform. A real gift. I am so sorry your other grandson got upset like he did. It broke my heart to read that. You are a constant in his life though which must be such a comfort to him. Just keep sharing here. Good luck with your teeth! I need to visit the dentist, haven't been for a while but my teeth are strong. I don't have any fillings. But that's not an excuse to not go. I just keep forgetting to make the appointment.!

Hi Dee!

Gonna go to sleep. I really don't like it here, I don't wanna moan but...well actually I do want to really haha I love a good moan. I just don't like it and I can't wait to get back home!! I'll probably end up buying Havaianais tomorrow even though I have about 100 pairs already ! Oh well, when in Brazil haha.

Just to end on, I have had many boozy trips here. Not at this hotel thank God as never stayed here before so no bad memories. The last time I was here was about 3 years ago and me and this girl went out and started drinking at lunch time. I was so wasted. She had to practically carry me back to the hotel. I had to work home the next day and just felt so sick and shameful and depressed. It is not like that today and I am so grateful for that.

Night all x x
Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

What a difference a good night's sleep makes. I feel 100 times better today and the sun is out and the sky is blue! I am going to do a work out and then head down for breakfast.

I have just been reading the daily readings on the 12step suppprt thread. I would definitely recommend these readings, you do not have to be in AA to get something out of them and I wanted to share this one....

A.A. Thought For The Day

If alcoholism were just a physical allergy, like asthma
or hay fever, it would be easy for us, by taking a skin
test with alcohol, to find out whether or not we're
alcoholics. But alcoholism is not just a physical allergy.
It's also a mental allergy or obsession. After we've
become alcoholics, we can still tolerate alcohol physically
for quite a while, although we suffer a little more after
each binge and each time it takes a little longer to get
over our hangovers. Do I realize that since I have become
an alcoholic, I cannot tolerate alcohol mentally at all?

...... In the Big Book of AA they describe alcoholism as a 2 fold illness. A physical allergy of the body where one drink sets off the phenomenon of craving so we can't stop. And the mental obsession. If we do not put alcohol into our bodies then we will not set off the pheonoman of craving so that takes care of that. But we still have the mental obsession. Therefore alcoholism centres in the mind rather than the body. This is why changes are so necessary. I guess that's where we all have to find our own way of dealing with that mental obsession to ensure that we do not pick up a drink again.

I hope this may help anyone who may be struggling.

Ok snitch get up and work out!

catch up later x x
Old 02-15-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

my work week has changed again from the normal pattern grr so yesterday and today i am doing the afternoon shifts as our new lady is off sick, not sure what else awaits me for the weekend and i know i am also doing mon and tue afo . so not really a happy bunny.

daisy i wasnt able to get back to gym because of not knowing about work, which i thought yay i am holding a normal pattern but nope so until i know things can be at least a little more regular of knowing my days of work is i cant manage the gym as changes makes me exhausted and hard to adjust myself if u understand.
on day 4 and not looking forward to the weekend as i have no reserves of determination to not drink, unsure what i am saying nvm i have work soon so will see how today goes. still got my gp on monday morn.

hi there nichole x thinking of you. hope u are ok x

hey there snitch, viper, kgirl , bluesy, daisy , nichole, dee xxx
Old 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Aprils! I will take some time to catch up and reply this weekend !

Hope everyone one had a wonderful week!!

xo