Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 03-05-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hi all, just doing my late night check in before bed, hope you've all had good day.
It's been another cold one here, I had to dig my hat back out again then we had to go and order a new fridge freezer as the one we had died a death. We've had a bit of a run of electrical appliances dying this year, they all seem to be going at once.
I got a call from the garage that is sorting my car out saying it will be ready tomorrow, I'll be sorry to give the courtesey car back as it's brand new and very luxurious compared to mine, but hey!

Suze, your day sounds wonderful and you are so lucky to live near a beach, I would so love that, I'm sooo jealous. Anyway, you're sounding really good and positive, being sober suits you.

Bluesey, I meant to say yesterday, you must have 11 months now so kudos to you lovely lady.

I'm going to be now, I'm reading a Martina Cole book all about murder, I'll be giving myself nightmares.

Sleep well Aprils. xxxxx
Old 03-05-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope everyone is happy, well and sober.
I'm grateful to be up early, sober and hangover free because that means I have 11 months today. Wow, I'm delighted with myself, it's been a long haul at times but I'm so glad to be here like this. I can do this.

Anyway, that's it for now, got to go and get ready for the school run. See you laters. xxx

Thought for the day...."The truth is we’re all a little bit broken. We must learn to love the broken pieces of ourselves—be gentle and empathetic with ourselves, and others."
Old 03-06-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 03-06-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

well i saw the doc and she has said that would be advisable to have keyhole surgery to remove the cyst as i have a blood clot in it and also to be aware that i might loose my ovaries due to the blood clot and how damaged it is. so hence why i am in pain in back and front majority of time. so she put me on the list so see when i get it done. The usual but unusual is to watch out for it twisting. so just normal stuff and hey i don't need my ovaries anyway as i am pre menopausal lol so on that note will leave that there as men reading this will be squirming lol

back to work tomo so thats start of another work week for me and then the court case next friday due to i was called to be witness against a neighbor, so the joys of living with nob heads.

hope u are all ok and all that xx
Old 03-06-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I’ll post more later.

Vipe
Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months Daisy woo hoo. So proud of you ♥️♥️♥️ Aww I saw your post on Fb about all your electricals, so annoying when one goes let alone all at the same time! And along with the expense it can be the hassle of finding a new one, making sure you're not paying over the top, and then hopefully whoever delivers and fits it will do a decent job not like the t@at I had for my washing machine 🤣🤣 but hey, that's life and we are dealing with life sober now so kudos to us! Have you got your car back now? I am officially carless. This is the 1st time in nearly 30 years I haven't had a car! Wow. Feel free but also slightly fearful too. My ex is trying to get it fixed by doing some stuff himself and by possibly taking it to someone his dad knows but I have made it clear that I no longer want it. I feel it was a big tie that I had with him and by letting go of that car it is loosening a hold he has over me which is great as I need to search myself from him as what we have or have had isn't healthy. It's time to really let go now and move forward. He is my daughter's father and that's it. I want to be on friendly terms but I need boundaries and I feel that now is the right time for change.

Erratic good to hear from you. Is that the news you expected to hear ? And do you have any idea when the op may take place yet?

All is good with me . I am really starting to embrace sober life. I do still have thoughts of drinking. My alcoholic head still tries to romanticize the thought of a drink but I can very quickly put that notion go bed and if it persists and starts becoming an obsession I turn tp my HP and/Or another alcoholic! I am no longer powerless over picking yp that first drink. Thank God 🙏🙏 There are quite a few relapse posts on the newcomers forums and whilst I do not wish relapse upon any alcoholic, their stories are strong reminders to me where one drink will take me. The illusion that I can drink safely or moderately was well and truly smashed 10 months ago but as we know alcohol is cunning baffling and powerful and my alcoholism will try to put those smashed pieces back together! I can never let that happen!

Anyway on a lighter note, Seren is with her dad tonight. I have bought some yummy food for dinner and am gonna chill out with a film. Daisy, I love Martina Cole!! In fact, I will go charity shopping tmrw See if I can pick up anymore of her books. I adore reading, I don't do enough of it!

Have a good evening everyone x x
Old 03-06-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps🤓 my name is Donny, and I used to be part of this awesome group but after failing time and time again, I let self pity and depression pull me away from all these people that I had come to care about very much. Well, I am sorry for all of that and it’s time for me to come back if that’s ok? I just read back a ways, and Vipe loose in Brazil👏🏼👏🏼!! Suze had a stocker😦 then got ditched by her stocker😂 and Daisymum is still amazing 💜 I want to read back more but at work and duty calls, but just needed you ALL to know I am thinking about you. Will post again soon..D💜
Old 03-06-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Hi Peeps🤓 my name is Donny, and I used to be part of this awesome group but after failing time and time again, I let self pity and depression pull me away from all these people that I had come to care about very much. Well, I am sorry for all of that and it’s time for me to come back if that’s ok? I just read back a ways, and Vipe loose in Brazil👏🏼👏🏼!! Suze had a stocker😦 then got ditched by her stocker😂 and Daisymum is still amazing 💜 I want to read back more but at work and duty calls, but just needed you ALL to know I am thinking about you. Will post again soon..D💜
Donny agghhhhh! Omg, I was chatting on messenger with Viper earlier and I said to him I am really concerned that we haven't heard from Donny. I was like, how would we know if he has had a drunken accident or something??!! I don't know whether to (cyber) hug you or slap you 🤣🤣

Seriously, it is soo good to hear from you! You have been missed 🤗🤗🤗
Old 03-06-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Donny you son of a b—-!! Get posting. Rejoin us!! All is forgiven. We were worried. Stuff happens though. Get back on the horse bro!! You’re too good a guy to let booze consume you.

Viper 🔥
Old 03-06-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

It's ok Donny we forgive you because that's how the new us roll nowadays lol.

Cone back soon we will smash that self pity out of you!

xxxx
Old 03-06-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 11 months DB and 8 months Vipe
I hope the surgery will help Erratic

welcome back Donny

D
Old 03-06-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

DONNY BOY Where the f**k have you been, I could box your ears.

Seriously, I am soooo excited and happy to see your post, I've thought about you often, we all have welcome back and don't even think about going AWOL again. xxxx
Old 03-06-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, just checking in before bed happy to be ending this day at 11 months sober.

Thanks for letting us know how your hosp appointment went Erratic and at least it isn't anything sinister. The sooner you get it sorted the better, so fingers crossed you don't have to wait long.
Oooh what have your neighbours been up to? It all sounds very ominous. I have got awful neighbours on one side, we call them the N.F.H ( neighbours from Hell). Don't work too hard tomorrow. xx

Thank you Suze, it's a good feeling being sober this long, though I am being extra cautious because I've been here before. To be honest though, at this moment in time I really can't see me drinking again, I just don't want to on so many levels.
Yes, it's been a pain with my electrical appliances this year and we're only in March, they are all breaking down at once, I've had an expensive run of it, microwave, washing machine, shower and now the fridge freezer.
I got my car back this morning thank you, they've put a new engine in it, thank God it was still under warranty. It feels really small and clunky now after driving an all singing, all dancing brand new one.
I love reading too and I buy most of my books from charity shops even though I do have a kindle, I like the feel and the smell of real books.

Viper, we need a plan now to keep Donny here though I'm sure you have something in mind. xx

Thank you Dee and congratulations to you too. xx

Off to bed now, sleep well Aprils. xxx
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL is it the 6th already?

D
Old 03-07-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Donny agghhhhh! Omg, I was chatting on messenger with Viper earlier and I said to him I am really concerned that we haven't heard from Donny. I was like, how would we know if he has had a drunken accident or something??!! I don't know whether to (cyber) hug you or slap you 🤣🤣

Seriously, it is soo good to hear from you! You have been missed 🤗🤗🤗
i will definitely take a cyber hug Sweet Suze!! 🤗💜
Old 03-07-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Donny you son of a b—-!! Get posting. Rejoin us!! All is forgiven. We were worried. Stuff happens though. Get back on the horse bro!! You’re too good a guy to let booze consume you.

Viper 🔥
Hi Vipe!! Sorry to worry you guys. Just needed some time but am getting back on the horse my friend!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
DONNY BOY Where the f**k have you been, I could box your ears.

Seriously, I am soooo excited and happy to see your post, I've thought about you often, we all have welcome back and don't even think about going AWOL again. xxxx
I thought about you all the time also Daisymum! No awol for me☺️ Will post more later💜
Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 11 months DB and 8 months Vipe
I hope the surgery will help Erratic

welcome back Donny

D
Thanks Dee!!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi all, just having a sneaky check in whilst dinner is cooking. Hope you're all good. I'll be back later. xxxx
Old 03-07-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hi all, just doing my usual bedtime check in, I'm really tired so I'll be quick.

How have you been today Donny? It's lovely to have you back with us and I know how hard it is to come and post when you've been away from S.R for a while. What have you been up to these last few months and how's your family?

Nichole, how are you doing too? I hope you're staying strong. xx

oh I have to go to bed now, my eyes won't stay open.

See you all tomorrow

Daisybelle xx