Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-04-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon x

day 10 and trying to keep up beat. went back to bed this morn, fancy going back again now.

hope u all have a good day x
Old 04-04-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Erratic I feel like going back to bed as well. I slept so well, but I think I'm about to battle a bit of a cold. A nap may be in order soon.

Strawberry Kefalonia looks gorgeous. I cant imagine working at a bar. Stay close too us. You can do this!

Glad you are right back here Nichole.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Rowland1..try to see these huge cravings as a really big wave....surf it out....you can do it!!!!....You have come to far for another day1....the wave will break... i promise.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, working out in the wind and cold, but waking up without a hangover feels like sunshine on my face!! Have a great day people!!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good Morning, all!

Nichole, You can kick the drink! You have to want sobriety more than alcohol and I hope you are there today. This is tough, but so worth it. I’m no pro or expert, but I have 15 years or so of drinking behind me, and all I can say now is what a waste of time, health, youth, and money. You are fortunate and wise to be trying to kill this addiction now. I’m cheering for you!

I am jealous of all you who have seen these beautiful areas of our world. I have never left the U.S. Maybe one day!

This weather is nuts. It’s blustery, cold, and a bit of snow. We all need spring here. Would really help moods! The sun is shining though and that makes me happy.

No desire to drink here. I’m around two weeks which is great. I’ll feel even better when I get beyond 35 days, since that’s been the longest for me. I have no doubt (at least today) that I’ll get there. Want this new life more than anything!

Have a great day, class!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Hi everyone, working out in the wind and cold, but waking up without a hangover feels like sunshine on my face!! Have a great day people!!
Good for you, Donny! I was planning on a long run today, but I don’t think I have it in me to face this wind! Ugh. I’m done running in this stuff! The sun is shining though, so I’ll take that and be glad.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm happy about the sun shining here too Quitnow! It's been gloomy here for at least a week. Now if only it would warm up a bit too. 22° here. Brrrrrr. And my oldest son has a track meet today.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
afternoon x

day 10 and trying to keep up beat. went back to bed this morn, fancy going back again now.

hope u all have a good day x
Yay Erratic! You did made it to day 10!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning.
I quit yesterday for probably the thous ant time so I thought this would be a good place to stay in touch.
Thanks for having me. Have a good sober day.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Embracing Joys of Sobriety

Day 10 now...double digits, yay! Found myself romanticizing wine drinking yesterday so took a long nap instead.

Been craving & eating too much sugar but I gently tell myself it is ok and I will taper off when my nerves aren't so shot x
Old 04-04-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Welcome sixstring, it's good to see you.

Congrats on 10 days Gem! Great job choosing a nap over wine.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Good Morning, all!

Nichole, You can kick the drink! You have to want sobriety more than alcohol and I hope you are there today. This is tough, but so worth it. I’m no pro or expert, but I have 15 years or so of drinking behind me, and all I can say now is what a waste of time, health, youth, and money. You are fortunate and wise to be trying to kill this addiction now. I’m cheering for you!

I am jealous of all you who have seen these beautiful areas of our world. I have never left the U.S. Maybe one day!

This weather is nuts. It’s blustery, cold, and a bit of snow. We all need spring here. Would really help moods! The sun is shining though and that makes me happy.

No desire to drink here. I’m around two weeks which is great. I’ll feel even better when I get beyond 35 days, since that’s been the longest for me. I have no doubt (at least today) that I’ll get there. Want this new life more than anything!

Have a great day, class!
Hi Quitnow! Totally get you re- wanting sobriety more than anything!
I'm the opposite of you, I'd love to visit the US- I'm in the UK.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Are you hanging in there ok today Nichole?

I just had a bit of anxiety about something and AV said oh you could go get a beer.... I thought uh no.... then it said how about some smokes to take the edge off. Ugh. Still a no. Smoking for sure makes me want to drink. I've got plans to get through the rest of the day. ..... just have to make it to day 6.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I could get a beer too darling Chick, but then I would get another half dozen or so. And wouldn't that be a pretty picture for Nick when he came home.

I have cravings these days.....lots of change for me and subsequent anxiety....I'm glad we are both choosing to talk about it....it diffuses it greatly for me.

So proud of you my friend.....and I hope you have had some lemon tea and things and are feeling a touch better than this morning.

And welcome to all of this incredible April 18 class.
Stick with Ms Chick and all of these awesome people....this is the way we do this: TOGETHER.

So much love. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Suze, you hit the nail on the head. Never do I just want one.

I'm cooking up some lunch, I imagine a full tummy will help.

Sorry about your anxiety. It is no fun. But add alcohol and it triples. So posting here is definitely the thing to do.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I find even the first bit of food helps.....it occurs to me (it only took 3 and a half years, ha) that a lot of the time we are having cravings (well for me) it is actually hunger pains. I messed up my hunger response with anorexia years ago, so I have no clue when I'm hungry.

I think I'm hungry....going to make some lunch and eat with you Chick. xx ♥
Old 04-04-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Day 3 only and already getting some pretty intense cravings. Ugh.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Day 3 is awesome NotOnlyMe....

Sometimes a glass of milk really helps with cravings.....it was advice given to me that helped a lot.
Not sure if you guys have seen this thread yet....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)
Old 04-04-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I find a glass of milk works for me! And I don't feel guilty drinking it. If I reached for ice cream to help I would feel guilty about eating it and it could make my urge worse. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Are you hanging in there ok today Nichole?

I just had a bit of anxiety about something and AV said oh you could go get a beer.... I thought uh no.... then it said how about some smokes to take the edge off. Ugh. Still a no. Smoking for sure makes me want to drink. I've got plans to get through the rest of the day. ..... just have to make it to day 6.
I guess I am Im pretty positive no drinking today even if my AV saying go for it ......I probably really wouldn’t of yesterday if it wasn’t for everyone drinking around me felt like I had to cause it was a normal thing for me to do but it started with just 1 beer that was it I wasn’t going to have anymore then turned into a lot of beer and bottle of wine and whiskey maybe something else I don’t really remember so I’m feeling it today but that’s what I get for not standing my ground I couldn’t agree more with you dee on that!!!! Doctors tomorrow and I’m actually excited still having medication issues no deep depression but Short tempered and easy aggravated which isn’t me and the first 4 hours after taking it I’m in la la land and I take it in the morning and at night and not a big fan of that feeling either

Chickchick hopefully your doing okay and don’t give in definitely not worth it never has been never will be either I believe you have the strength to make it through the day we’re here for you!!!