Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by orderfororder View Post
I feel good physically, but I have to say that I still find myself kind of bored/detached some days. I somewhat blame the weather, since I'm more of an outdoors type.

But, hey, day 16 and summer is right around the corner.
I have to agree about the weather. I just went for a run but I still feel a bit blah...this weather is seriously affecting me now! Cold, blustery. Just need a little glimmer of spring to brighten the mood. Can’t wait!
Old 04-06-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi Chickchick, strawberry, Nicole and others. I'm back after three days at home sick with sinus infection. I will admit this is day 3. Work was my trigger. By the time I go back I will have 5 days but have to figure out what to do with the stress, which is my trigger to turn off as quickly as possible. Probably time to revisit and update ,y recovery plan.

This is me being honest, accountable and not breaking the rules.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 04-06-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Well yesterday evening was a complete fail.
Back at day 1 today. I learned some lessons and am going to just keep trying.
No smoking at practice tonight. I am super duper firm on that.
I'll check in later and catch up a bit. Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 04-06-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Day 5 completed - hopefully we will all have a good sober weekend
Old 04-06-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Dang it if the thought isn't in ny head to buy beer on the way home from practice! Such madness.
We are going straight home. I'm cooking a big meal. Having relaxing bath. Attending a online meeting. And then I get to sleep well and wake up clearheaded in the morning!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 04-06-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Dang it if the thought isn't in ny head to buy beer on the way home from practice! Such madness.
We are going straight home. I'm cooking a big meal. Having relaxing bath. Attending a online meeting. And then I get to sleep well and wake up clearheaded in the morning!!!
We need to find you a way around this routine that sets you off...I get it...I've been there....not as a mum, but I do understand a little...there are ways. We will find them together.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Back again for more sober fun...48 hours into it. Gotta work harder this time, because I've pretty much lost everything at this point. If only I quit back when I first joined.....
Old 04-07-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day 26 for me!
Going to cook breakfast soon, feeling good and determined. I'm two days from week 4 and I'm a bit shocked really because considering my previous attempts, I've never gotten this far!
I think I might celebrate with going and getting something from m&s for dinner tonight- like a nice steak!
Hope everyone has a good sober day!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm back in on day1. I see many familiar names and pray I can stick with you all this time.
I've been home alone all week and drank everyday. My husband knows (like I reLly thought I was hiding it?). He lost his second job on Thursday so I know things will be an uphill battle for us. I have to stop to be clearheaded and not make things at home more stressful.

Today I feel miserable and look worse.

Looking forward to geeting to know you all more
Have agood day. I will check in later
Old 04-07-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome lovehoops.

D
Old 04-07-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi class
Day 16 for me
Hope everybody has a fab and sober weekend, enjoy and tomorrow when we get up we will be nice and fresh - no hangovers to contend with anymore
Old 04-07-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

hello! on day 6. what a difference a week can make. last night was a sober friday night....the first one in a VERY long time. i even went to the after work thing, and had diet coke and water and splurged on food. someone asked why i was drinking soda, and i said i had to pick my daughter up from track practice (true)....and that got met with "well aren't YOU being responsible." whatever that means.

i could tell my kids loved that i was not drinking. i made a great dinner. and i was sober, so i could drive my daughter over to her friend's house and pick her up at 10pm... she was nervous to ask me and so thankful i could pick her up.

my other daughter curled up and we watched cupcake wars. she usually disappears to her room if i am drinking.

awesome to wake up clear-headed and ready for an awesome saturday. i know i will still have hard times ahead, but i am so thankful right now.

have a great weekend! on to day 7!
Old 04-07-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
hello! on day 6. what a difference a week can make. last night was a sober friday night....the first one in a VERY long time. i even went to the after work thing, and had diet coke and water and splurged on food. someone asked why i was drinking soda, and i said i had to pick my daughter up from track practice (true)....and that got met with "well aren't YOU being responsible." whatever that means.

i could tell my kids loved that i was not drinking. i made a great dinner. and i was sober, so i could drive my daughter over to her friend's house and pick her up at 10pm... she was nervous to ask me and so thankful i could pick her up.

my other daughter curled up and we watched cupcake wars. she usually disappears to her room if i am drinking.

awesome to wake up clear-headed and ready for an awesome saturday. i know i will still have hard times ahead, but i am so thankful right now.

have a great weekend! on to day 7!
Just reading this and it made me cry! (It doesn’t take much today) but when you said your kids could see the difference it hit home! I hope you continue to grow and stay strong, and be the best mom you can be! “Just as the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly” x
Old 04-07-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

It's Easter weekend I gave into the the pressure .. I knew this was coming . Im just one big failure
Old 04-07-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
It's Easter weekend I gave into the the pressure .. I knew this was coming . Im just one big failure
Please don’t be too hard on yourself
Old 04-07-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Made it through day 4 and on to day 5.
Never thought I could put 5 days together again.
Glad to be back and sober.
Have a good Saturday where ever you are...

asixstringnut
Old 04-07-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 6 and actually happy to wake up this morning, instead of the alternative which would have been pushing my red eyed Self out of bed to reluctantly face the world. Stay strong everyone and prayers for those struggling
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hello,

I came out of detox 2 months ago but have drunk 6 times since then. Had a drink today but am starting sobriety again.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
you are human. we make mistakes. we have flaws.
you are back here and that is what counts.
we are here for you.
make the best of this moment and this day....
recommit.

you are many awesome things, but your are not a failure.