Notices

Class of April 2018 Part One

Old 04-16-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Had such a busy day at work and then came home and more busy stuff! just reading now, tired and will hopefully sleep well. Hopefully do a proper catch up tomorrow.

Great to see so many posting and back again. have a good evening or day everyone.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and decided to post in here to keep myself motivated to quit. I am 28 and I have struggled with alcohol since I was 20 or so. I wasn't really sure if I had a problem or not until the last few years, but now it is very clear. Lately, I have been drinking most every day even if earlier in the day I tell myself I won't. I have also been hiding my drinking from my wife, which is a clear sign of a problem. Anyway, today is day 1 for me and I hope posting here and reading will help keep me motivated.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Golfer, Welcome! Best to kick this problem now! How wonderful to be 28 and quitting. You will not be wasting any more days or years to alcohol. Glad you joined us. Keep posting and sharing. ��
Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just time for a quick check in....

Welcome to those new and those returning. Keep posting and don't drink!!!!

I'm at 10 days today..first time I am at double digits in as long as I can remember. Thank you to all of you for always listening.
This group is awesome..

Have a great night xo
Old 04-16-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Golfer
Congrats lovehoops

D
Old 04-16-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Welcome Golfer, you will find great people on here, with a wealth of knowledge. Wish I would have found this place when I was your age, but no internet then so never mind !!

Strawberry, thinking of you and hope you are doing ok💜

Goodnight and sleep well sober people!😊
Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi everyone,

Just time for a quick check in....

Welcome to those new and those returning. Keep posting and don't drink!!!!

I'm at 10 days today..first time I am at double digits in as long as I can remember. Thank you to all of you for always listening.
This group is awesome..

Have a great night xo
Way to go lovehoops!!! 😊
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Day 3

Had about two hours quality sleep so better than nothing. I guess the upside could be that tonight will be similar to yesterday in the respect that I'll get home and then flop into bed exhausted after work? By the time I wake I will have gone past 'wine o clock' and that could be another day sorted.

I find myself looking too far ahead. I know that on Day 19 I will have a big two day get together with colleagues (lots of booze there on night one and I have no choice but to attend as the CEO). Day 42 will be the start of my holiday where the drinks package has already been paid for. I know all of this is dangerous thinking because I could say "I'll start sobriety after those two events" - but honestly I am such a mess I wouldn't make it to those dates drinking. I would be in hospital or worse.

So I'll try and force myself back into today and hurdle each challenge as they present themselves.

Just sharing my (AV) stream of consciousness this morning.

Well done to lovehoops on making 10 days.

JT
Old 04-17-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

Had pretty much bad afo and evening with the AV so put myself to bed and then made husband his dinner and then went back to bed. He seems to be annoyed with me as its my own fault as i should of not drunk after the run after the detox. I guess its not him who is fighting 2 addictions and also battling with my mental health issues. I have to remind myself not to hold on to dry drunk resentment.

Have to think happy thoughts x daughter and grandson.

god i feel like taking a tantrum, i kind of have i refused food yesterday me bad.

sry
Old 04-17-2018, 02:47 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

9.15 a.m- Day 11

Good morning class of April

I hope you are all as well as can be and sober too.
It's a very grey morning again here and quite windy with it. We were promised a heat wave this week but there's not much sign of it yet, although we did have a couple of warm hours a few days ago, may be that was it.
l slept well last night, though I still feel tired and have a bit of brain fog.
Husband is still very frosty with me ( big sigh), I'll just keep on working at it and doing my very best to stay sober, I'll work my socks off. I tend to put myself down a lot so this morning I've given myself a good talking to and told myself about my good points. I work hard, I'm kind, I'm generous and I have a lot of empathy for others who are worse off than me, I'm a people pleaser and maybe I need to start pleasing me.

Strawberry, I do hope that you're feeling much better in yourself this morning. I know how hard it is, I think all of us here do. We're all on your side, doing the same walk at different speeds. Doesn't matter how long it takes, it's not a race, just as long as we get 'there' in the end. Stick close to S.R and post as much as you can. Do you have any other support?

Hi Clark, good to meet you and good on you for coming back. Keep close to S.R and keep posting. Plan now what you can do on Friday instead of following the same routine. What do you usually do on a Friday and at the weekend. Can you change it, spend it with different people, go somewhere different? You can do this.

Good morning Donnyb and welcome to day 5. Don't discount the sober days you had before your little slip, remember how good you felt and just keep going forward. Baby steps, even though sometimes it's 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Have a good day.

3trees thank you for the pic of the cow ring and I though I do think it's very lovely, here in the U.K a cow is not a particularly flattering thing to be known as so I've been thinking and maybe just a daisy would be nice, I'm going to have a look later. Thank you for giving me the idea, I'm going to treat myself.
You did yourself proud over the weekend not listening to the A.V and I'm glad you're feeling better, me too, lets keep it up. xx

Hi Erratic, good to see posting and well done on day 7. You did well over the weekend and surely it's got to get easier with each passing day. You must be on countdown now waiting for the baby, the best reason ever to stay sober, has your daughter picked a name for him yet? Keep posting, keep us updated. xx

Glad to read you were feeling a bit better yesterday Kgirl and I hope today you feel even more better. It gets easier by the day so carry on doing what you're doing. Don't work too hard, try and have a little 'you' time. x

Good plan Quitnow and you are so lucky in having a supportive husband. Stick close this time and post as much as you can. x

I'm glad you managed to get some sleep Tony, even though some of it wasn't exactly restful. Can |I just say that although you are in a bad place yourself and think that you are not in a position to help anyone else, just posting about how you feel is actually a help to me and I'm sure to the others, because it helps us to know that we are not the only ones who feel that way! I hope that makes sense. Maybe when you've got a few more days or several under your belt you could start working on your body clock. Its sounds like you've just got into a very bad routine. I've done that myself before now and it can be worked round. x
How will you manage on your forthcoming 2 day event? That's going to be a trick one. I think I'd have to tell my colleagues that I'm on medication and can't have alcohol, something like that anyway, maybe the others will have some suggestions.

I hope you had a restful sleep Ready and I look forward to reading later about how you're doing. xx

Hi Golfer and a massive welcome to the class of April. You've done the right thing in joining us and you'll get lots of support and wise words from the lovely people here. We all know what you're going through. Hiding drink, yes one of my tricks and my husband found it and to be honest I'm glad now that he did because it would have escalated. Stick close and keep posting, you can do it.

Lovehoops, wey hey, double figures, congratulations. On the big count down with me now to triple figures. Let's go for it. x

Well that's me done for now, got 2 of the g.children today as they are still off school on Easter hols, though Easter feels like forever away now. We are going to decorate some biscuits and then paint some pebbles and hide them in the park.

I'll hopefully catch up with you all again later. Have the best Tuesday you can and stay sober. Love to you all. xxxxxxxx
Old 04-17-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!! I hope each and everyone one of you are doing well, and finding the peace that comes with that.

Daisybelle, thank you for coming on here everyday, and keeping everyone inspired, with you kind words and kind way. It means so so much! Have to get on the move today, but will be thinking and praying for all of you. In this together people💜
Old 04-17-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thank you DonnyB, that's so kind and has really cheered me up.

Thanks also Dee and I hope you get a good restful night though I'm not sure what time it is now where you are.

Erratic we must have cross posted before because I missed your last update. I'm sorry you didn't have a very good time of it yesterday and last night. I very much know how you feel re your husband. Believe it or not I was very annoyed with mine this morning. He's barely speaking to me, I'm just getting yes or no sort of grunts when I ask him anything and I thought to myself how ridiculous he's being, I'm human and I make mistakes and yes I've made another whopper but surely he can see how hard I'm trying, but then I thought some more and thought how disappointed and upset he is with me, how many promises and sorry's I've given him, he had just started trusting me again and I blew it. It'll take a long time to build up that trust again so I'm just going to have to bite my tongue and try harder. Sending love and a big gentle hug. x

I was looking at the 'Just for today' prayer though I don't go to A.A, and I found a similar but alternative one and I thought I'd try and work on one of the quotes of the prayer each day. I'll share today's with you. This is very apt for me today. x

Just for today.... I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far reaching goals or try to overcome all my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

xx
Old 04-17-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good morning - day 6 for me! I slept very poorly last night as I did the night before. Not related to alcohol but the monthly female hormone fluctuations... my doctor told me this is normal, but it does suck and is stressful when I can't sleep and know I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Tuesdays are my least favorite day. They are always so intense and everyone is at their most intense and there is just a weird vibe and the weekend is so far away. However, I'm going to try and have a good productive day in spite of it all.

Daisybelle, I love your posts! You are very good at this. I also wanted to say that your approach to self love and support is right on target. I, too, am a people pleaser and have always had the approach of taking care of everyone else first, and then whatever is leftover is for me. I think a lot of mothers take that approach with their kids (out of love, of course). I think I have done that and it has not served me very well. It's time to change that way of thinking. I printed a list of "self love" quotes and put it on my refrigerator. They are fantastic quotes and my job is to keep reading them and keep believing them. Every day! An example (this is the only one I can remember): "I am enough. I do enough. I have enough."

This is a great group of folks and I'm sorry I haven't been able to connect with everyone individually but I recognize the benefit of staying here and posting. I have a challenging job which is getting more challenging day by day (I keep getting new clients!) so I should be happy about that, and I am. But I have so much work that it's starting to stack up. Drinking wine would only set me back, so forward I must go! Later, everyone!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

join us here for part 2:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D